JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I actually just got done mounting it to a 6"x4"x3' that let's me move it around as needed. I did think about adding an underside light but I got a flex lamp I keep by my work area. As for extra part like bins and stuff I've got a 3D printer so I'll probably just make the parts I need. Still might get the stand though or make one.

Reloaded 400 rounds of 7.62x39. Berdan primed, Yugo brass cases, 123 gr. Hornady "Z" MAX bullets, the ones with the green tip. Nice shooting round at about 2100-2200 FPS.

Today I cranked out 841 rounds of 40 S&W.

Got a good deal on the projectiles from another NWFA member last fall.

Looks like I'm back in the market for a good deal on 40 projectiles (LOL)

Hydraulic method on steel cases, a hook and pin tool on the brass cases. The brass cased Yugoslavian is really a good case, just time-consuming to reload.

I actually just got done mounting it to a 6"x4"x3' that let's me move it around as needed. I did think about adding an underside light but I got a flex lamp I keep by my work area. As for extra part like bins and stuff I've got a 3D printer so I'll probably just make the parts I need. Still might get the stand though or make one.
Also you might consider one of his ergo levers. Once you've used the OEM lever for a bit & have figured out your setup height & such.

Those ergo levers are completely wrong for me. Much prefer the ball head pull handle.
Opinion: On the LnL, the priming system is its Achilles' heel, so I kept mine mounted to the table so I could see the priming feed better.

Those ergo levers are completely wrong for me. Much prefer the ball head pull handle.
Opinion: On the LnL, the priming system is its Achilles' heel, so I kept mine mounted to the table so I could see the priming feed better.
Yeah, I'm going to try it out for a little while and see if I like it. The passive prime on my LnL single works great but not sure how I feel about the active prime on the LnL AP yet.

Yeah, I'm going to try it out for a little while and see if I like it. The passive prime on my LnL single works great but not sure how I feel about the active prime on the LnL AP yet.
I found the following to be critical:
  • Lubrication of the priming pin. I found one drop of Mpro-7 on a pin head was almost too much.
  • Check the torque on that same priming pin (plunger, whatever...). It liked to back out if not torqued properly.
  • Dry lube for the spring loaded primer slide. I used silicone.
Other lessons:
  • Completely clean the powder feed assembly with acetone. There are only two bearing surfaces in its rotation movement, and grease sparingly applied with a cue-tip works great. Any oil or residue inside the feeder will phuk it up.
  • Modify the powder dropper spring return to what works best. The spring supplied on mine sucked. Too much spring and you ruin a case mouth.
  • Have a can of compressed air with you. Its the messiest fooking press I have ever used. Even moving slowly, you spill powder. Spilled powder gets into the priming system and fubars it up.
  • You'll read about some "fixes" for the shell plate and drive wheel using O-rings and shims. I tried them and immediately removed them. In my experience, a waste of time by people who did not understand mechanical tolerances and clearance.
  • Lastly, if you have a stuck bottle-neck case, don't force the ram down. The platten drive spindle is cast aluminum and snaps easily. Instead, remove the shell plate anchor screw and then remedy.

I found the following to be critical:
  • Lubrication of the priming pin. I found one drop of Mpro-7 on a pin head was almost too much.
  • Check the torque on that same priming pin (plunger, whatever...). It liked to back out if not torqued properly.
  • Dry lube for the spring loaded primer slide. I used silicone.
Other lessons:
  • Completely clean the powder feed assembly with acetone. There are only two bearing surfaces in its rotation movement, and grease sparingly applied with a cue-tip works great. Any oil or residue inside the feeder will phuk it up.
  • Modify the powder dropper spring return to what works best. The spring supplied on mine sucked. Too much spring and you ruin a case mouth.
  • Have a can of compressed air with you. Its the messiest fooking press I have ever used. Even moving slowly, you spill powder. Spilled powder gets into the priming system and fubars it up.
  • You'll read about some "fixes" for the shell plate and drive wheel using O-rings and shims. I tried them and immediately removed them. In my experience, a waste of time by people who did not understand mechanical tolerances and clearance.
  • Lastly, if you have a stuck bottle-neck case, don't force the ram down. The platten drive spindle is cast aluminum and snaps easily. Instead, remove the shell plate anchor screw and then remedy.
Thanks, I'll keep and eye out for those issues. For lubeing I'm going to spray it with some One Shot now and then to keep things moving good, plus helps keep the rust away. I already swapped out the priming pin on it and torqued it down. For the slide hadn't thought about using grease, I've got some lucus gun grease and I'll see if I can maybe use that, if not I can spray it with some One Shot as well and see how that works. I dont plan to use this one for depriming so that should help keep it a little bit cleaner.

I'd love to find an old can of Hercules anything. For the mantle, more than likely. Where I grew up, in the Salt Lake Valley, we had the Hercules Power Co in West Valley at Bacchus. There was a ton of mining that went on in the nearby mountains. The huge Kennecott Copper Mine was nearby. Back then the old dynamite boxes that people would have in their basements, barns and garages would say "Hercules Powder" on them. I grew up with the fishing lure called a Hercules Spinner, not Dupont Spinner.
Just out of curiosity, did that lure come with a waterproof fuse?

I'm off to my LGS tomorrow to collect a 500-pack of 175gr Sierra Match Kings to load in my Swiss rifles. Right now I have no clear vision of quite how much that will cost me, but whatever it costs, I'll just pay up - or not shoot. With PPU stuff selling at $1.20 a shot, reloading has always been my #1 choice for ALL my rifles.

I'm already stocked up with 155gr Lapua Scenar for the couple of .308s in my care and thanks to a generous friend here, still good for flat-base 175gr bullets in 7mm. And BTW, they are working just fine - both rifle and carbine getting just under three inch ten shot groups - open sights of the most appalling kind. Anybody here looked down the sights of an old Mauser? Just like that.

I finally was able to get to use my new LnL AP tonight and got some beautiful looking baby's.
1649740028505198261376793514142.jpg

Last Edited:
I'd love to find an old can of Hercules anything. For the mantle, more than likely. Where I grew up, in the Salt Lake Valley, we had the Hercules Power Co in West Valley at Bacchus. There was a ton of mining that went on in the nearby mountains. The huge Kennecott Copper Mine was nearby. Back then the old dynamite boxes that people would have in their basements, barns and garages would say "Hercules Powder" on them. I grew up with the fishing lure called a Hercules Spinner, not Dupont Spinner.
Got one for you. In fact, I have five if anyone else wants one. These have been banging around my powder shelves for decades, and I finally decided to clean up the odds and ends and make use of it. With the load I use I got just around 4,500 rounds out of the stash. With perhaps 1,000 left to shoot, all so far have behaved perfectly. That just underscores how stable properly stored powder is.

Anyway, if anyone wants one, PM me and we can work out getting the tins to you.

Red Dot.jpg

Got one for you. In fact, I have five if anyone else wants one. These have been banging around my powder shelves for decades, and I finally decided to clean up the odds and ends and make use of it. With the load I use I got just around 4,500 rounds out of the stash. With perhaps 1,000 left to shoot, all so far have behaved perfectly. That just underscores how stable properly stored powder is.

Anyway, if anyone wants one, PM me and we can work out getting the tins to you.

View attachment 1175863
About ten years back I used up some Nobel #3 Pistol powder in my .357 Mag loads. It had 07-MAR-56 stamped into the metal at the bottom of the tin. I got around 650 low-volume loads out of it, and not a single one failed to go off like new.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top