JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry a portable bike machine and a resistance band with me on the road for work. Just because flatbed involves manual labor doesn't mean I don't need some portable gym. Not every truck stop has a gym.

I do need to be careful though, the bike machine heats up. Spend two hours a night for exercise.

C580B2BE-B4E6-430E-A998-A78C56EEA100.jpeg B7878FEE-DC88-4B48-90A7-29F1173B333F.jpeg

I changed my mentality from "I have to workout" to "I owe this to the day"

If I owe something there is no getting around paying so I find the time each day to make it happen.

I "owe" the day 100 push-ups and 100 sit-ups.

On top of that I run 2+ miles x 5 days a week
Ruck a 30 pound pack one day a week
Practice yoga at least three times a week

I was hesitant on the yoga but took it up while training for my first marathon last year. It helped me stay injury free during training so I kept up the practice and would highly recommend it to everyone.

I feel just as fit at 32 as I did in the Marines at 21.

Still adding muscle on keto but my knees have been really bugging me so I've been pretty lax on working legs.

Hoping that changes today since I get more ink Wednesday and will have Thursday off to rest so it'll be ok if my knees are sore.

3 days to get on it;)

I've been hitting a target area hard and then giving myself an hour or two to recover and the change muscle groups and hit them hard.

It has increased the weight I can lift significantly and lessened the amount of soreness the next day.

For instance, 200 on the chest fly machine was my max for a couple reps previously. Now I warm up with 180 then do a full set at 240. Then drop by 40lbs and do another full set all the way down to 60lbs at which point my arms upper body is toast for an hour or two but then I can hit arms real hard after the rest.

Helps I am in a gym for work 5 days a week or that would be prohibitive without some equipment at work.

I used Crossfit to train for my Summit of Mt Rainier.
My Gym is a rowing machine, 25lb & 50lb dumbbells and a pullup bar. Fits in 140 square feet of my shop.

Why not, there are many healthy Plus size people.

Assuming that's not rhetorical then my answer would be that the heavier you are:

The higher risk you are for diabetes.

The higher your risk for heart desease.

The lower your quality of life will be when you are older and not able to get around.

I've never seen a large person on any news story that was 100+, they are all very thin.

Very tall people also do not tend to live long lives because of the stress their heart takes.

I wear XL-XXL shirts when I'm at my best so I'm not petite by any means but I'm also not carrying an extra 200lbs of estrogen induced visceral fat on me either.

The more muscle you have the higher your testosterone levels will be and the less bread and beer you intake the lower your estrogen levels will be.

I'm sure there are a ton of other reasons but I tend to focus on where I want to be and less on where I don't so I haven't looked into it as in depth as a person could.

I do not agree with the 'There is nothing wrong with being "plus" size' movement - it's called fat and there is a general consensus by health professionals that it is not the better of the two choices a person can make.

Having gained weight and dealt with having a hard time loosing it I'm not blasting on heavy people but I am saying I'm not in the PC crowd that advocates to love yourself as is.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top