JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How a Bedside Gym Can Change Your Life | James Walpole

This guy has 3 exercises.

My list:
Body weight at home -
Get a push as in Push Ups.
Get a Squat as in a squat, better with a weight - say a 1911 good starting point.
Get some abs, as in sit up.

If you can do a pullup / chinup fantastic. This is a heavy exercise for most. If you can't, could you pull your self up on something sturdy like a table? Get under, hold "plank" position but on your back, reach up, grab the table edge and pull your chest to the table bottom/skirt. Not all have a table/space like that. Idea is to work your traps. You want a pull exercise.

I have a couple kettle bells, so I include KBS and use one for my goblet squats.
21, 15, 9 thru the 4 exercises. Done in 10-15 mins or less.
You can use a dumbbell in place of a kettle for the swings. Or a gallon bucket. small child. Don't recommend a cat.

For $1 a day or less I would take a gym.

It makes you work out if you get thru the door.

More equipment to maximize your workout and variety to keep you from stagnating.

Motivation when them spandex clad hotties are around to get another few reps in;):D

(Might have to leave the 1911 in the car though so that is a down side:rolleyes:)

This patriot is getting his workout for sure.

National Guard soldier exercises in Forest Grove with 55-lb pack and fake rifle

The news story is about more than just exercise, but I didn't know what I might call a new thread were I to start one, so here it is in this one. Good on him, good on the neighbors for being observant, and good on those youngsters who express an interest in what he's doing (beyond sitting on their parents' couches playing battle-themed video games).

Last Edited:
n189LQ6.png

Friday was 19.3. Simple 4 movement workout in 10mins.
I got 2 done, and most of the 3rd.

Walking lunges with weight ( for my age and ability, 20 lbs)
Box step ups, with the same weight (for my age and ability, 20in)
Strict Press, (for my age and ability 2x 20 lbs)
then what I didn't start, Bear Crawl

Those who are younger, or more fit, 50lbs, 24in, Handstand push ups and Handstand walking

I just wrote this up but don't know where it went. So here it is again. I paid for my second annual pool member ship. I have been swimming laps for thirteen and a half months. I keep this up unless I am working partime. Today I did the usual 2000 yards non-stop. Then styrofoam weights in the therapy pool. I do this 4 to 5 times a week. I also practice using my open water fins and swimming lengths submerged. I will be ready to go spearfishing. My feet are buggered up so no walking.
Last Friday I did the 2000 in 55 minutes without any flip turns or aggressive launch from pool side. I use workout flippers and webbed hand mitts.

I'm down with an infection. :( Just got back from doc and on the correct prescription.

Last time I was at Gym, Monday, had 4 exercises.
Dead lifts @ 60% 1RM I was lifting 135. I have a 255 record currently (yes a few years back, in this thread, I was over 300)
Dead lift hold - that is hold the bar for time
Burpies and
goblet squats.

This is on the hold - there are good images at the link, worth checking I think.
Accessory exercises: Forearm strength - Maggie's Farm

30 seconds of hold at the top of a deads ... harder than I thought.

follow up.
I have Kaiser ins, grateful for the plan. One area they lack is in urgent care - they need more. I needed follow up due to my infection - planned followup, today. I got there 11:50 am (txt to wife proves so) I got seen shortly after 4:35.

Anyway, the antibacterial did not seem to make progress against the infection, I got lanced.

I advise you don't get these types of things, commonly called a boil, especially on the region where you sit, like I did. That was painful, and uncomfortable. The boil was about as long and wide as an egg. It did not stick out very far, though. It is better 5 hours after the procedure, but it is still uncomfortable with some pain.

Doc offered a pain prescription, I turned that down. He ok'ed my taking Alieve.

We wont know until the analysis comes back for certain, but, definite possible was 2 Fridays ago. All those sit ups and ended up with floor rash in the nether region. What did you do to exercise today? Just enough of a skin break, given the buctocks location, that this was triggered by fecal matter.
Could have been something else.

Not root canal levels of pain, but still changes what you do, and how you do it.

Hope you get back to feeling good quick Ricin.

Just got back on the wagon today.

3x10 decline bench press
1x10 1x8 1x8 incline bench press
3x10 lat pull down
3x10 seated row
3x10 machine chest fly

Didn't want to over do it first day back and I have a pool to disassemble and pack into the trailer tomorrow to go to the dump next weekend.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top