JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hehe A little hair-of-the-dog from last night's party. :s0105:

Eh, hour of the day only matters if you're a 9-5 corporate cog. My work day doesn't start until I do. :)

I long ago exchanged the illusion of security for the illusion of freedom. :s0037:

Hey, if you just gotta post in an exercise thread braggin about day drinking on Tuesday then I guess you do you.

Not really sure what your speech is about but I've gathered your people skills are not quite on point, so that cool.

Anybody heard of this - has first hand examples?

I have heard of using pot for recovery / pain treatment.

HUH: Study finds marijuana motivates people to exercise, smashing lazy stoner stereotype.

Most people who use marijuana report that consuming before or after exercising improves the experience and aids in recovery, according to a new study. And those who do use cannabis to elevate their workout tend to get a healthier amount of exercise.

Researchers at the University of Colorado surveyed more than 600 marijuana consumers in states where it is legal to assess how people use cannabis in relation to exercise. Their results, published this month in the journal Frontiers in Public Health, poke yet another hole in the lazy, couch-locked stoner stereotype.

Almost 500 participants said they endorse using marijuana one hour before, or up to four hours after, exercising. And based on data from the questionnaire, those who did use cannabis in that timeframe worked out longer than consumers who didn't pair the activities. Specifically, those who engaged in co-use worked out an average of 43 minutes longer for aerobic exercise and 30 minutes longer for anaerobic exercise.

I'm going to have to see more studies before I buy into this, because in my experience there's at least something to the stereotype.
Instapundit » Blog Archive » HUH: Study finds marijuana motivates people to exercise, smashing lazy stoner stereotype. Most pe…

Well stick me in the a$$ and cut me with a knife. Again.

Did I forget to mention to avoid Abcess' ?
AVOID !
I have a perineal one now, got lanced this AM. Off exercise until May 1.
Could be a re-growth from the one I had last month, which manifested in a less desirable spot. Or, it could be brand new.
The doctors notes are great: Call the Doc if you have symptoms of an infection. IT IS AN INFECTION. Don't let it close, must weep/drain. I know, generic summaries.
At least the nurse knew where to press to make it hurt the maximum possible. She finally took pity on me and gave the max dose of Novocain before cutting.

Well stick me in the a$$ and cut me with a knife. Again.

Did I forget to mention to avoid Abcess' ?
AVOID !
I have a perineal one now, got lanced this AM. Off exercise until May 1.
Could be a re-growth from the one I had last month, which manifested in a less desirable spot. Or, it could be brand new.
The doctors notes are great: Call the Doc if you have symptoms of an infection. IT IS AN INFECTION. Don't let it close, must weep/drain. I know, generic summaries.
At least the nurse knew where to press to make it hurt the maximum possible. She finally took pity on me and gave the max dose of Novocain before cutting.

Bummer man, sorry to hear that:(

I had a short break but started again yesterday.

Thought I was going strong but hit a wall and had to stop halfway from lack of strength - I was cooked lol.

Friday I start 1 hour group classes of high cardio so that will be fun:rolleyes:

At least I'll be paid while taking them:D:)o_O

Been doing Zumba and senior fitness every Monday and Wednesday and Zumba on Friday for the last seven months. Also doing senior tone and train on Tuesday and Thursday for the last three months. Gaining strength in arms and gaining flexibility. At Snap Fitness in Keizer. Good programs. I can go to these programs now that I'm retired. Needed it after 40 years of working in an office.

Have done 2 Fridays now in that 1 hour class - abs and core are still sore Tuesday lol.

Monday was bench press, lat pulls, shoulder press and dips.

Today was squats, leg Ext, leg curls, calf Ext and seated leg press.

Wednesday is going to be chest, biceps, triceps and rows.

How much protein do you need per day?

"[overweight] or obesity suggest that 1.2–1.5 g/kg is an appropriate daily protein intake range to maximize fat loss.[24][25][26] "

100kg = 220lbs
Therefore, if you weigh 220, you need 150g (<6 oz) of protein / day.

See the top url if you are not a "typical" person - several charts/recommendations are made based upon body type and activity etc.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR