JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
nc_oc=AQlRX5-y2-XeF1N9lSVAOkyiFK98u87Ue8rAa92XM7IOydWCfAKLiH-jGznc8wZsXvM&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Today was a 2.5 mile ruck through steep rolling hills with a 48 pound pack and carrying an 18 pound kettle bell.

Followed by my daily yoga, push-ups, and sit ups.

I try to ruck at least once a week. The idea is that when I hit the woods a 30 pound pack and 7 pound rifle will be no big deal.

I try to ruck at least once a week. The idea is that when I hit the woods a 30 pound pack and 7 pound rifle will be no big deal.

That's a good idea:cool:

Monday was chest/shoulders

Tuesday was back/shoulders

Sore as hell today but got legs in up to my tolerance (knees are still recovering) and I'll do biceps and triceps later this afternoon.

Thursday is core and abs

Friday will be a full body hit and the weekend to rest - or at least not be in the gym:D

Just finished my lunch time workout with the weights I keep at the office. Hey, at least I take my work shirt off first. :D

Chainsaw slingin, tree pruning with a telescoping 16' Hayuchi Silky pole saw, manual mowing with a small mower then moved up to my big zero turn mower.

Started out in 87 degree heat stopped at 105 degree heat.

Now, to drink a cool one...maybe 2 indoors in the frigid AC.

I quit the weight training and the long distance endurance torture (50 years of it is enough for me) for yard work...it's harder.

Endocrinologists have known for decades that the science of weight is far more complicated than calorie deficits and energy expenditures.

Last Edited:
That's a good idea:cool:

Monday was chest/shoulders

Tuesday was back/shoulders

Sore as hell today but got legs in up to my tolerance (knees are still recovering) and I'll do biceps and triceps later this afternoon.

Thursday is core and abs

Friday will be a full body hit and the weekend to rest - or at least not be in the gym:D

Joe, I do a split routine. It looks like you're doing double split?

Joe, I do a split routine. It looks like you're doing double split?

Some I'll hit multiple days a week depending on my strengths or injuries. I think it's a modified 4 day split.

I tend to go squirrel if I stick with the same routine for long.

Ill rotate a push/pull muscle group thru one week or two (like tricep/bicep or chest/back) but then switch it up so I'm doing chest one day and back the next.

If I am doing a ton of isolation excersises then either works but I will often do compound sets like incline presses so if that's the case I try and not do arms the day before or I get weaker lifts with my arms playing a supporting role on a rest day for them.

This week I am actually doing:
Monday - chest hard/ lats easy/ legs easy
Tuesday - back hard
Wednesday - bicep/tricep/legs
Thursday - abs and core
Friday - Chest/Back
Weekend is always out of the gym but I'll do yard work or something else that's more life functional to keep from getting too sore.

Dunno if that was helpful lol

I bought a rack and barbell set late last month. Got it set up and started stronglifts 5x5 program July 1st, been sticking with it so far (M-W-F). My knees are to messed up to do squats right now so I'm subbing deadlifts. Doctor referred me to a physical therapist to help work on my knee problem, that starts 2nd week of August. T-Th-S is abs/core and dry fire practice.

Walked from the car into the Opthamologist's office.

Before you laugh or mock... you try it during a full blown attack of vertigo. Then get your eyes dilated and have to find the car and drive home!! ;)

I bought a rack and barbell set late last month. Got it set up and started stronglifts 5x5 program July 1st, been sticking with it so far (M-W-F). My knees are to messed up to do squats right now so I'm subbing deadlifts. Doctor referred me to a physical therapist to help work on my knee problem, that starts 2nd week of August. T-Th-S is abs/core and dry fire practice.

Ask your doc about knee sleeves, while lifting. They help keep the area warm and that helps me. Tho, I don't have 'bad' knees.

Ask your doc about knee sleeves, while lifting. They help keep the area warm and that helps me. Tho, I don't have 'bad' knees.

I wear them when I tweak a knee and they help a lot with support without loosing mobility.

I got 2 of them off Amazon that are for miniscus rehab and they are just really thick compression sleeves basically.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top