JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Portland half marathon this am. Most of the other family did the full 26.2 miles. It was predicted to rain 2-3 inches today, nice that it held off till we were at mile 4 or 5. I didn't see 2-3 inches but my son was convinced he did. In case anyone else was there, I was the guy with the pack on. That guy.

Unfortunately, haven't been training for it at all nor wearing the shoes I wore, and got some blisters on the wet feet.

I took my rifle for a wet but romantic walk through some steep but scenic terrain in Oregon's coast range. The walk was accented with views of wildlife ranging from elk to does. Occasionally we would hear irate squirrels alerting anything and everything of our presence. The sideways rain and fog blowing through added an air of mystery at times.

Portland half marathon this am. Most of the other family did the full 26.2 miles. It was predicted to rain 2-3 inches today, nice that it held off till we were at mile 4 or 5. I didn't see 2-3 inches but my son was convinced he did. In case anyone else was there, I was the guy with the pack on. That guy.

Unfortunately, haven't been training for it at all nor wearing the shoes I wore, and got some blisters on the wet feet.

10 minutes on bike
weights 15 reps once
bench = 70 lbs
curls = 40 lbs
tri-ceps = 30 lbs
10 minutes on bike
weights 15 reps again two total

And here I am exhausted after light physical therapy:oops::D.

I'll be catching up to y'all here shortly - 2 days and counting for possible crutch destruction lol.

I walked about 10 miles today. Also, I started walking to the store for each meal. Would have been riding my bike to classes, but the hurricane got them cancelled this week.

Been released for walking as tolerated with assistance and given a whole new set of PT excersises to add to my daily leg lifts and such.

Yanked sugars and artificial crap out of my diet and trying to keep my sweet tooth happy with stevia in water.

Now that I can stand I'll be able to keep an eye on my weight - I know I'm up from 265 again because the shorts are getting a bit tight so I gotta drop some weight fast to keep from busting my knee again.

Really looking forward to walks when it's not raining and stairs when it is but I'll have to work up to that.

Just being able to use one crutch or a cane is a big big improvement in my quality of life

This November will be two years back at the GYM for me. [But I walked daily for most of the last 15 years].

Not very impressive to watch lift. But it impresses the heck out of me. :D
Cant believe how much I enjoy it.

I missed about three months for a shoulder tune up. I've been back a month or so now.
Already have my curls back to what they were pre surgery. Close on my Triceps.
But have a loooooooooong way to go on bench press and other lifts.

It's inspiring to see my body bounce back.
And for Me. Lifting three times a week. And walking daily. Helps perpetuate an overall heath conscious lifestyle.

It helps fight off the blues. Blow off steam. And keep a head of steam.
I'm physically prepared for whatever may tax me.
And when I tell my nieces [ I have six] boyfriends to behave. They fall in line quick! ;)
[Horney little basturds!]

Stick with it guys! ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR