JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, I only use a dog leash to hold the wood down. :D

I was just increasing resistance by shortening it. That's a big no-no since it can cause the band to snap. But gotta do something without dumbbells whenever I'm at the apartment.

No, I only use a dog leash to hold the wood down. :D

I was just increasing resistance by shortening it. That's a big no-no since it can cause the band to snap. But gotta do something without dumbbells whenever I'm at the apartment.

Costco had rubber coated 10#-35# hex dumbells (200# for $200) plus a rack for them a few years ago. One of my better investments. Those and a (used) incline/decline bench works for every muscle I know how to isolate.

I should use them more but my stamina is crap and I'm just trying to keep getting thru the day.

Will probably incorporate them after I can walk 2 miles on flat pavement now that I don't need my arms for crutches or a cane.

Side note - I really hate those dial in the weight dumbells, too much shift for me when I use them.

Well I did it this time:D.

Found a little park with a short loop around it (not for me at 100% but great to start).

Yes, I played the Pokémon go game:p. It actually gave me excuses to stop and stand for a min while I caught stuff lol. Otherwise I'm a go until I fall over kinda guy so I am glad I did it that way as I am very tired but not sore.

Took me 30 min almost to the min to walk 1.1km (that game has a pedometer in it as well so that was helpful). That was 2 laps around the loop and I just didn't have it in me to do another one, plus my little dog was starting to get tired as well - he's tired and has also gained some weight and lost stamina while I've been down these last few months.

He's a happy boy though, peed or tried to on just about any vegetation taller then him the whole time lol.
IMG_0630.JPG

Hoping to keep the momentum up. I still have a sink of dishes to do and dinner but I need a short break to get my energy back. Protein shake and apply for a job online and I'll get to the other stuff.

Thought about lifting some weights but that isn't happening today haha:rolleyes:

Took advantage of the sunny morning and got 3 laps in today.

So 1.6km plus a couple sets of stairs at home so far.

Thought about a 4th lap but didn't want to force it and as it happens, once in the car and headed home (maybe a mile) it started raining so it all worked out:cool:.

Dog was asleep in the seat halfway home lol.

Only down side is my blood clot issues are not in the range they want and are continuing to get lower with excersise when they want it higher, so more meds but I hopefully will be done with this in 3 months but with being out of range for so long it might be longer.

It's only noon and already been a good day:D. May get some lifting in but will for sure get another half dozen sets of stairs minimum.

via Glenn:

"HMM: This Is Why Your Balance Gets Worse After 40. "The researchers found that the vestibular threshold in the people studied was increasingly higher after the age of 40. These thresholds increased up to 83 percent per decade after that age, the researchers said."

Maybe so, but I think it also has to do with practice. When you're a kid, you do a lot of things that keep your balance system trained up. As an adult, not so much — and as you get older and more worried about falling, you give it steadily less training. My own experience is that if you work on balance, you get better fast, and you can practically feel those neural networks warming up after just a few times."

Instapundit » Blog Archive » HMM: This Is Why Your Balance Gets Worse After 40. "The researchers found that the vestibular thre…

I stacked the 14" long round sections from 4 Douglas fir trees that I had taken down last week. The trees were about 24" at the bottom, so these rounds are about 20 to 80 pounds. Got about 4 cords of wood once it is split. Then I got out my serious chainsaw and reduced the stumps to flush with the ground.

I had an all day meeting at the Oregon Convention Center and got plenty of exercise walking to and around it lol - not much time for anything else today but I'll be out walking for awhile tomorrow morning while the wife and daughter are gone and busy in the morning.

Strength Exercises for general fitness: the Big 5 (or Big 6 or Big 7) - Maggie's Farm

"I consider the Big Seven strength exercises for guys and gals of any age to be the following:

1. Squats (with body weight, goblet, ideally barbell, or whatever you are able to do. I now do back barbell squats to sitting low. Sheesh, what a bubblegum that is.)
2. Pull-ups (for guys mainly, but assisted works for gals or for guys who can't do them. Or gals can substitute pull-downs on the machine - much better than nothing)
3. Deadlift (+/- snatch, etc)
4. Bench press
5. Military Press
6. Barbell or Dumbell Rows - hating them means you need them
7. Dips "

"Feeling over the hill is a mental problem. We had a guy here who was still lifting 3 days before he croaked at 95. Dead, but dead in pretty good shape for his age. Can't ask for more than that."

" Doctors, researchers, scientists--even ancient philosophers--have long claimed exercise works like a miracle drug. Now they have proof. "

The New Science of Exercise

"The trouble is only 20% of Americans get the recommended 150 minutes of strength and cardiovascular physical activity per week, more than half of all baby boomers report doing no exercise whatsoever, and 80.2 million Americans over age 6 are entirely inactive."

Just wait a century, the movie Wall-E sums it up nicely.......:eek::eek::eek::p

Walked 3 miles of hills this morning (small pack) and while walking to my apartment gym noticed a pair of black pants laid out on a ledge in the dumpster shack.. kinda looked like heavy duty formalwear but they had cargo pockets.. peeked over and inside the bin there was another one so with the speed of a well oiled dumpster ninja, I retrieved those too in a blink. Stashed them, worked out, retrieved, tried on. They fit perfectly (and look brand new) and are some heavy arse duty 511's with stretchy waist. I'm washing them now.
I owe my finely honed spidey senses and ability to make that dumpster my byatch to this thread. yay!
carry on, my bruthas

lol
Iron-Tuff Coveralls

Well, I spied a pair of ranger green Iron-Tuff Minus 50 RefrigiWear coveralls in one of my dumpsters yesterday (the coldest day of the year.. go figure).. they are in like new condition and fit me perfectly. I'm stoked because years ago I looked longingly at a set someplace but couldn't justify the cost especially since my 30 year old set of no-names would keep you kinda warm.. if you bundled up inside of them.
So anyway, I can still leap in them puny dumpsters like a bat on far!
0344RNAV_F_440xx_1438197826149.jpg

Really did this yesterday, not today. I try, and usually succeed, to do this routine three days a week(Monday,Wednesday,Friday).

10 minutes on exercise bike
weights 15 reps once
bench = 65 lbs
curls = 40 lbs
tri-ceps = 30 lbs
10 more minutes on exercise bike
weights 15 reps again........... two total

Here is a tip that most people I meet do not know, but after majoring in weight lifting to be a bodybuilder in my youth (decided steroids were not for me sondown the drain that carrier path went lol) I learned.

If anyone is looking to build larger arms (or guns:D), your triceps are 3/4 <maybe 2/3's, it's been a long time> of your arm and working them hard will give you much better gains then bicep work will (not that you shouldn't work the biceps - I just have seen so many guys with oversized biceps and very little work done on their triceps).

I'm personally working my arse off with my kid trying to decorate and clean up for Christmas since my wife is at her new job and not able to help even in the evening (new job overload - but the jobs worth for her it at least).

Having the laundry room in the basement is keeping me doing stairs and walking a lot:D.

Dog is being groomed and almost ready to pick up and we will start walking together again (walking in the rain with a long haired dog is rediculous - 45 min to dry his fluffy self).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top