JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's nothing like doing your "business" in a potty beside the bed to light a fire under you to be a do-it-yourself kind of guy again!

And don't get me started on the food...
...among other things, gelled coffee and a pureed donut (really) with breakfast.

Did three sets of arm curls to exhaustion with 25lb dumbells. Then did straight arm sit ups with my M1A in hand to exhaustion. Too busy today for more.... Ah, who am I kidding? I'm just lazy today. Where are you now you ill-tempered gentleman in the brown round hat who used to motivate me so well?

There's nothing like doing your "business" in a potty beside the bed to light a fire under you to be a do-it-yourself kind of guy again!

And don't get me started on the food...
...among other things, gelled coffee and a pureed donut (really) with breakfast.

Geese man! I didn't know you were going thru all that!

I feel like a sniveling baby now:oops:.

All I want to do is start walking but all I can do is make sure I don't hurt myself more and stay on the coucho_O.

Congrats on your speedy recovery, you must be a resilient and motivated man:cool:.

Your an inspiration:)

Did three sets of arm curls to exhaustion with 25lb dumbells. Then did straight arm sit ups with my M1A in hand to exhaustion. Too busy today for more.... Ah, who am I kidding? I'm just lazy today. Where are you now you ill-tempered gentleman in the brown round hat who used to motivate me so well?

Geese man! I didn't know you were going thru all that!

I feel like a sniveling baby now:oops:.

All I want to do is start walking but all I can do is make sure I don't hurt myself more and stay on the coucho_O.

Congrats on your speedy recovery, you must be a resilient and motivated man:cool:.

Your an inspiration:)

All I've wanted to do for the last 3 months is an upper body workout?
Not that other areas can't use some work? :rolleyes:.

Recently I discovered these things called ''Legs''.
''Legs'' are the small withered part of my body. Used mostly for dog walking.
Little did I know. But these ''Leg'' things can benefit and grow larger, from weight lifting.

Who knew? :D

Anyways I recently picked up some great tips on Calves. ;)

Last Edited:
I fought a gdamn sea lion taking a nice 20 plus pound Chinook off my line, and another one snapped the rigging clean off. Sea lion # 9 you branded son of a botch...that circle in the nine would have made a great target.

That was a workout.

clear lake.jpg

After surviving a violent bout of food poisoning on Tue night, just getting two of these on and off of the car yesterday was plenty of exercise for me!

I started physical therapy today on my knee - I feel like I'm in a bodybuilding class:p 10 reps of this 30 sec break, 10 reps of that, flex as far as you can....

I think my golden foot (heavier then lead;)) is not paying off right now:D.

Well, at least it will if I keep it up - didn't realize how much muscle I've lost in my quad muscles from a few weeks on the couch.

I had a very light meeting schedule at work this last week and was able to get out every day during lunch. Ran 3 miles each on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Hiked 2.5 miles or a little more on Tuesday and Thursday with my heavy pack. Fairly pleased with myself on that count; of course I ate way more home made pizza than I needed last night...

It's time to start weight training again in the mornings but getting up at 5:30 for work is hard enough let alone an hour or more earlier.

I started physical therapy today on my knee - I feel like I'm in a bodybuilding class:p 10 reps of this 30 sec break, 10 reps of that, flex as far as you can....

I think my golden foot (heavier then lead;)) is not paying off right now:D.

Well, at least it will if I keep it up - didn't realize how much muscle I've lost in my quad muscles from a few weeks on the couch.

Although it's no fun, PT for a knee/leg is totally worth it.

I jokingly referred to my own program as "twice-weekly torture sessions." Even as a guitarist, I'd trade the full use of an arm for a functional leg (if forced to chose). Getting around is so crucial to a healthy life and outlook. The biggest chore, I found, was setting aside the time and motivation to work on it at home between visits.

To be totally honest, it didn't hurt that my therapist was friendly, encouraging and very pretty. But even if yours is Frau Blücher, grit your teeth, work the program and get well soon. An active life is irreplaceable!

Last Edited:
Although it's no fun, PT for a knee/leg is totally worth it.

I jokingly referred to my own program as "twice-weekly torture sessions." Even as a guitarist, I'd trade the full use of an arm for a functional leg (if forced to chose). Getting around is so crucial to a healthy life and outlook. The biggest chore, I found, was setting aside the time and motivation to work on it at home between visits.

To be totally honest, it didn't hurt that my therapist was friendly, encouraging and very pretty. But even if yours is Frau Blücher, grit your teeth, work the program and get well soon. An active life is irreplaceable!

Yessir;)!

My only concern I life that I have any control over is doing the excersises at home so I can get off these crutches, start walking and getting back to physically fit.

2nd knee surgery in 3 years was a rude awakening.

Then you don't need any lectures from me - just friendly encouragement. You are uniquely qualified to understand what's at stake and what you must do to recover. Godspeed and patience man!

I went for a hike last weekend, was nice to get out and get the boots dirty.

Inwas open carrying my G20.
The volunteer state park guy at smith rock nervously said "you know you can't shoot the wildlife, right?!"
I laughed and said I don't want to shoot anything.
Then said, "even the rattle snakes, their protected"
I said, "Sir if I see a rattle snake, I'm running like hell"

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Haven't posted anything on this thread for a while. I haven't been consistent with my walking as I was earlier this year - just a problem I always have keeping with a regular exercise regimen. With fall here though, there will be plenty of work outside the house between rain showers, so I'll use that to get in some extra heart-pumping activity.

On a more positive note, I started on a weight loss program back in mid-August. To date, I'm down 12 pounds, and I'm already feeling the benefits of increased energy/stamina, just from that. I even got to drop a size in my jeans/belt this past week! First time I've dropped a pant size in a few years. I love buying new clothes when the size is going down! Hopefully I can keep on this plan long term. So far, I'm finding it easier to follow than past plans, that is hopefully a good thing. And, hopefully, this increased energy will encourage me to get up and moving more often.

On my daily walk yesterday. Out on a backroad.
I saw an elderly gentleman laying on the ground next to his mailbox.

I asked if he was all right from across the road. He said ''Yes I'm OK''.
After a 30 second pause. And me staring at him flipping around. He said. ''Can you help me up''?
I walked across the street and asked if he wanted to take my arm?

He said ''I think your gona need to grab under my arms and lift me up''.
So I picked him up and dusted him off. I offered him further help. But he said he was fine.

My point?
I'll be dammed if that's me in 35 years! o_O

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top