JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"SO BE FIT: Fitness, not physical activity, mitigates negative effects of prolonged sitting. " Findings – published in Mayo Clinic Proceedings – showed that when compared with women and men who were the least sedentary, women and men from the most sedentary group were 83 percent and 63 percent more likely to have cardiovascular risk factors from extended time sitting, respectively. However, when the team took participants' level of fitness into consideration – measured by having high age-specific cardiorespiratory fitness – they found that the fittest 40 percent had a decreased likelihood of cardiovascular risk factors from prolonged sitting. This finding held true even though the fittest participants spent between 12-13 hours per day sedentary and did not meet current moderate to vigorous physical activity guidelines." "

Although day before yesterday I put a hundred rounds of .2TWO3, .4tee5 ACP and 7.6Two by 30nine down range at a range that numbers fiff teen! So walking down to check groups and switching targets should count as exercise as well as loading mags and strippers....:rolleyes: clips, that is.

Brutus Out

Well activity level has increased just a bit, no strict routine for getting back to exercise just yet. That said, in the vein of fitness, I have, since I started this program in late August, now lost 23lbs! While I've still got quite a ways to go yet, I've already noticed an increase in stamina and a desire to be more active and moving in general. It's a good feeling, one I've not felt in a while. Hopefully that will encourage me to get up and back on my walking schedule again.

Still trying to find a balance for my food intake.

Protein shake + moving around a LOT more (compared to the last 2 months) has me ravenous by dinner and I'm packing it in and on.

Haven't gained a lot of weight. It is enough that I had to go back up to my bigger butt pants:oops:.

Stairs are not as difficult and I am actually walking the grocery stores with my wife now instead of stuck in the car.

Just looking for a job seems to be stressful for me because I know I am stress eating.

I have all but switched to stevia instead of sugar in the water I drink all day but while it helps with the sweet tooth I find no energy from it.

At least a sugar drip helped keep me going so I'll have to find something to snack on or plan on eating lunch every day.

Taking it slow - my knee cap is tracking correctly, I just still have some atrophy in my quad muscles. So I'm slowly building those up and then am looking forward (even in the damp weather) to getting out for walks.

I'd hope to either get a handle on my food intake or get a job sooner then later - I'm hovering around 280 and do not want to see 290 again:confused:.

Off to take the kid to school and see if Safeway has any of those sweet potato pies left (couldn't believe it when I saw them for Halloween - normally they only carry pumpkin and I dislike those). They aren't my buddies pies but they are pretty dang good for a Yankee State:p:D.

And I will eat a quarter to a half at once, enjoying it all the way to the fat farm lol:oops:o_O

Played hooky from work this afternoon and went rockclimbing. Climbed the SE Corner at Beacon. Hiked down and quaffed my buddys great tasting homebrew Porter. Then we ran back up the trail to the car after we polished off the growler.

" Doctors, researchers, scientists--even ancient philosophers--have long claimed exercise works like a miracle drug. Now they have proof. "

The New Science of Exercise

"The trouble is only 20% of Americans get the recommended 150 minutes of strength and cardiovascular physical activity per week, more than half of all baby boomers report doing no exercise whatsoever, and 80.2 million Americans over age 6 are entirely inactive."

Shannaboo1 001.jpg

Now that's flexibility!:D

I found out today I can just now finally squat to 90 degrees.

Been doing stairs in the house because of the rain and a cold but now that i can do the stairs with confidence I am going to try walking around blocks tomorrow.

Mt Hood Meadows got over 12 inches of snow last night. Had to go skiing. Quads are toast. Even worse, took the elderly dawg (13years) up and we were going to go short hike afterwards at the Polallie trailhead but she smelled rodentia and became a young pup again. Need to start in with the stairs with Joe or be taking afternoon naps in the ski resort parking lot in the car.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top