JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I prefer Blued Steel/Wood stock. But one of my next rifles will be a cera-koted synthetic for the real nasty weather. I only have two rifles for now, a 300 WM for almost everything, and a 30-30 for deer in the thick stuff. Before the next seasons roll around, I plan on getting a 45-70 and a 270 WSM.

again on the 30-30. perfect deer gun for our area since a 100 yd or less shot is all you will ever get in most areas. .223 is a popular varmint and yote caliber. Even deer. beyond that I shoot alot of .22

Stainless/synthetic would be an advantage, but I like the feel of a good walnut stock. If I get caught out in heavy rain, I know I'll have to dry and oil it at night. Not a big deal. 30's are popular, lots of guys using the '06, and the WM and WSM are popular too. A couple of my buddies use 338's for elk. What's not to love about the 30-30? They're still relatively cheap, ammo is relatively cheap, and they're perfect for shots up to 100 yards, which is about all we get around here. Plus they're light and and short, which is nice in the brush.

Kinda funny when one of these threads come up everone loves the 30-30, but not so much love for the 7.62x39 when it comes up. Seems like it's a great round since it's still fairly cheap, and as was said most shots will be under 100 yrds.

I guess it's sorta like all the folks that ho-hum the 9mm but think a .38 is a great carry rnd. I prefer my kel-tek's 11 rnds to my s&w snubby's 5.

Just a thought.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top