JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having a Genever Old Fashioned, made with Bols. I prefer Merrylegs, but the liquor store only had Bols. Bols is a little more bitter and is kind of boring it has a much more neutral base then the Merrylegs.

Nice! The Old Fashioned is my goto drink, but I've never had one with Genever. I generally prefer rye with a little simple syrup and two splashes of Angostura bitters. Sad that I have to explain simplicity to many bartenders (and no fruit!). I'll have to grab a bottle of Genever and give it a shot.

Hah! Maybe 5%. I'm mostly working under the hood on the technical side and dealing with the business (two full time jobs on their own for a site this size) :confused:

Yeah I know that Joe. I was being facetious. It's pleasure though to see you post.

Nice! The Old Fashioned is my goto drink, but I've never had one with Genever. I generally prefer rye with a little simple syrup and two splashes of Angostura bitters. Sad that I have to explain simplicity to many bartenders (and no fruit!). I'll have to grab a bottle of Genever and give it a shot.
The Old Fashioned is one of favorites as well but, because of its simplicity, it's starting to become like the martini where you have to spell it out to them. I'll admit that I'm part of the problem here because I've come up with old fashioneds for every spirit I've tried ,other then absinthe, that I will occasionally order but I usually just make them at home.

Genever is an interesting spirit, It's basically a gin made with white whiskey base instead of a vodka base, and with some of the botanicals from absinthe.

Last Edited:
On the topic of unconventional Old Fashioneds I'm enjoying a Gin Old Fashioned tonight.

3 shots gin
2-3 dashes orange bitters
2-3 bar spoons simple syrup

No fancy glass required
20180223_181312.jpg

Sipping a martini tonight. It has been a while since I have enjoyed one, but it is quite good. The family is in the city obtaining supplies, so it is still in the house at present. Elwyn Brooks once called the cocktail the "elixir of quietude." He perhaps had a point and I do so love the sound of silence at times. Still, it is a little lonely not hearing their voices and laughter.

Last Edited:
Drinking some Bulleit Bourbon tonight. Never had it before. Enjoying it so far.

How you takin' the bourbon?
Thus far pretty good, taste is new to me, but the affects are new too. I've had Gin, Vodka, Rum, and Tequila, but never Whisky/Bourbon. So far I'm liking it to some of the nicer Gins I've had. Hopefully that doesn't "Offend" anyone. ;)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top