JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You guys think you have it tough with accents?

Add in the fact that I am half deaf & that I have problems with fast speech (I have always had problems with processing words, especially when people talk fast). Add an accent on top of that and I am always telling people to slow down, speak clearly and sometimes - like yesterday, to turn their volume down because it distorts their voice. Worse is when they are soft spoken.

Which brings up something that annoys me; when people KNOW I have a hearing problem and do not even try to accommodate me by adjusting their speech and/or repeating what they said. Worse yet are the ones that get visibly annoyed and even worse, just give up and say "forget it". I had a few people at work who were like that - pissed me off. :s0054:

Glad I don't have to deal with people on a daily basis anymore. :mad:
i second everything you said. my wife seems to forget that i'm half deaf. too many people think that if you'r deaf you are also stupid.

Consumer Cellular!! all U.S. based customer service. I cant count how many services I dropped because of the offshore customer service.
When the wife needs to call "Page Plus" I believe she gets someone promptly, local, with good English language skill. $29.99/Mo, unlimited, runs on Verizon towers.

BTW, my 78 year old mother-in-law drives better than my 55 year old wife. She's sharp, safe, drives not too fast, not too slow, remembers her blinkers, and makes trips across Oregon all the time.

Age is very subjective. We all do it differently.

People posting about what grinds there gears.
i second everything you said. my wife seems to forget that i'm half deaf. too many people think that if you'r deaf you are also stupid.
Same, I have Tinnitus from and explosion that also burned me due to someone elses mistake.
Any who, the ringing has been non-stop 24/7 for 20 years. And women with hipitch voices( also men or those that identify as women or a tree.. oh Fk what ever) cant even have a clue what they are saying. But I also hear screeching anytime a Far left is talking, just this annoying mental gymnastics they have seems to trigger a aloud annoying noise.

People posting about what grinds there gears.
Same, I have Tinnitus from and explosion that also burned me due to someone elses mistake.
Any who, the ringing has been non-stop 24/7 for 20 years. And women with hipitch voices( also men or those that identify as women or a tree.. oh Fk what ever) cant even have a clue what they are saying. But I also hear screeching anytime a Far left is talking, just this annoying mental gymnastics they have seems to trigger a aloud annoying noise.
:s0140: I darned near googled Hip-itch, thinking it was some :s0140: weird dialect or something. I've got tinnitus for being a dumbass and not wear hearing protection and running power equipment for the better part of 34 years. Luckily it doesn't keep me from sleeping. It is the same pitch as the coffee maker signaling done and shut-off though.

And the other stuff too.

I slept for four years on the aft end, 03 level of an aircraft carrier. This is the deck directly under the flight deck, aft, where the trap wires are. So I basically had to listen to the equivalent of thousands of car crashes..15 feet above my head. My hearing isn't the best.

Not a whole lot.
Perspective is everything....after 4 combat tours....a whole don't bother me none.
After all...I have seen some bad days and times with those 4 tours....so what life throws at me now...
Ain't so bad.

With that said...
I also don't go 'round thinking I got it made...'cause that is just asking for trouble.
Lots of stuff bothers me...but it is helpful to put it into perspective...and for little piddly stuff...
So What ...comes in handy.
Andy
Spent a lot of time in the late '70s with an army major who had three years worth of Vietnam war stories to tell . . . but he didn't tell 'em. His philosophy succinctly mirrors what you said:
If it's not life or death, keep smiling.

McDonalds...
1714599942813.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads