JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been sitting by the beach in Cancun for the last week pondering whether resort drinks are actually watered down or if the resupply at beachside is just so slow that my BAC never gets high enough to notice the alcohol. I do have a very high alcohol tolerance but I did notice my wife was sloppy drunk last night for the first time I've ever seen so it may just be me.

If it's premixed - say a house margarita or bloody mary that they just make in batches - it might be slightly light. Bar drinks are typically using measured pour spouts, so they will cut off at typically 1oz. (There are .5 and 1.5oz pour spouts too) So watch to see if they are doing 2 pours on most mixed drinks. If not, then they may be shorting you.

Bars in the US are pretty regulated. Their books are scrutinized to make sure what's going out matches what came in. They don't have much incentive to short people. Besides, drunks tend to buy more drinks (and food).

If it's premixed - say a house margarita or bloody mary that they just make in batches - it might be slightly light. Bar drinks are typically using measured pour spouts, so they will cut off at typically 1oz. (There are .5 and 1.5oz pour spouts too) So watch to see if they are doing 2 pours on most mixed drinks. If not, then they may be shorting you.

Bars in the US are pretty regulated. Their books are scrutinized to make sure what's going out matches what came in. They don't have much incentive to short people. Besides, drunks tend to buy more drinks (and food).
They free pour in Mexico for the most part. All inclusive and the alcohol is in abundance as even the stores the liquor is dirt cheap compared to us prices

There's a liquor store down Tulum way where the patronage will pour samples of mezcal till you're silly. Never stayed in a resort. Have fun man!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top