JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had the same question (What's a good handgun?) so I read all the comments and collected into a rough draft word file. These are my notes based on this single thread, for better or worse. If it helps anyone great, otherwise just ignore it as a noobys stab in the dark. thx...

Good

1) Glock 3 or 4 generation
2) Springfield Armory XDM
3) Smith&Wesson M&P series
Bad or Not so Good

1) AMT
2) Blackthorne
3) Davis
4) Heesed
5) High Point
6) Intratec
7) Jennings
8) Jimenez
9) Kahr
10) Kel Tec
11) Kimber
12) Lorcin
13) Phoenix
14) Ruger SR40C
15) Sig Mosquito
16) Smith&Wesson Sigma’s
17) Tarus
Maybe OK

1) Bersa
2) Sig Sauer
3) Walthers PPq
4) Kel Tec PF

1) S&M 5904
2) S&M 915

Favourites

1) S&M 5904
2) S&M 5943

AMT Hardballer .45 is my pick for worst gun. Just 25 years ago it wasn't easy getting a good and reliable 1911. Anyway, the Hardballer never went more than 3 rds without a malfunction of some sort. Wasn't sad to see it go.

Buy the cheapest POS you can find, this question has been posed soooo many times, with no definate answer. Considering your grammer and spelling (and your question) some one with your obvious intellect will be better off with a gun that has an orange tip at the end of the barrel.

Are you really going to trust an absolute strangers advice, over doing your own research? All you are going to find here are opinions, develop your own.

Tell you what, go ask your buddies.

Better yet go ask a counter idiot at cabela's.

You know buddy, this is a forum, not an english class. Most people now use an Ipad or tablet and they are not the easiest thing to type with or do anything with, so give us all a break and be considerate and quit making fun or flexing your vocab or intellect on us all, most of us really gives a rats but about that. He had a question, if you want to give an opinion, do, if not, look at another thread. I got out of school years ago, I don't need a stranger on a gun forum to lecture me or anyone.

The forum speaks for itself in regards to real world experience and XD, XDs, etc. on any given day there are several people who are desperately trying to trade them for Glocks and Smith and Wessons. The xd's look great in the gun case , come with fancy accessories, are $100 less than a glock, but continue to be plagued with ftf, fte, and not returning to battery issues. Are there many xd's with no issues at all..sure...but that seems to be the exceptio and not the rule. For a lot of guys here even the exception is not that big of a deal as they know how to competently adjust, break-in or tinker to solve or mitigate issues. For a range or plinking pistol I suppose given the right price that's alright. But they are marketed and sold as CCW or duty guns and as such I won't buy one.

+1 on the MILSURPs, esp COMBLOC. A country has more budget to blow on development and Beta testing than a company. The Soviet/Russian guns may not be elegant (although I think the Makarov is lovely) but they were designed to work for a sullen conscript who had never seen a flush toilet.
Recommend the Tokarev for econo pistol, and Reed's (7.62x25 - Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC) has JHP ammo. Certainly not ugly - kind of reminds me in general of the Colt 1908 in appearance.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top