JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
mectec21, are you saying Kimber isn't what their "cracked" up to be?:s0112:
I agree, their way over rated. They started out a real good small arms manufacturer from Colton and have turned into a copy cat, turn em out at all cost outfit that has let their reputation and quality go down the tube.

Went out shooting yesterday with a freind who was shooting a walther p22 pistol, when the pistol had "jammed", the slide had broke at the ejection port. Making the pistol unusable, luckly nobody got injured. Afterwards did research on the subjuct via the web, it's a common problem with the walther p-22's

I like Rugers and have several dependable models but the SR40C is a lemon. It fails to reset the trigger right out of the box. I sent it to the factory and they claimed it was fixed, It lasted less than 50 rounds. Now i know this is one of the first striker fired models for Ruger but should be fixable. This is meant to be a concealed or carry model and is is so unreliable it is use less.

Buy the cheapest POS you can find, this question has been posed soooo many times, with no definate answer. Considering your grammer and spelling (and your question) some one with your obvious intellect will be better off with a gun that has an orange tip at the end of the barrel.

Are you really going to trust an absolute strangers advice, over doing your own research? All you are going to find here are opinions, develop your own.

Tell you what, go ask your buddies.

Better yet go ask a counter idiot at cabela's.

Before attacking another person's spelling and grammer, it would be a good idea if the someone checked their own.

I have owned Glocks but sold them after shooting by buddies XD. Much better shooter then the Glock. Even after I had the Glock modified with new barrel and trigger,
I purchased a XDM 9mm and love it. In my experience my XDM will shoot groups like my 1911s and my Glocks never could. I like the added grip safety on the XDs.
For a cheaper 9mm I shot a friends Ruger SR9C. Loved it great trigger. I like the compact design. Very accurate. I think the 9mm is one of the most reliable
calibers. XDMs and Glocks in my experience are 100% reliable with most any ammo.

I personally love (not in a weird way) my XD's. I have been a gun elitist and thought anything less than a Sig was a something to be scoffed at. I bought an XD45 on a whim and have not shot my p229 since. I do like the M&P's but I don't think I will ever own a glock. Just feel like I am holding a piece of wood. Most advice I have ever heard is to go into a shop and fondle them all. Go with the one that feels the best. If you spend the cash up front you will only regret it once. If you cheap out you will regret it until you get the funds to buy the one you wanted in the first place: ) Good luck and hide your cash someplace your wife can't reach.

I was at the Gunsmiths shop today and I overheard him tell a customer he's had more problem to fix with KIMBERS! than any other 1911. I don't know if this reflects something new or has been going on for awhile.

I made the mistake as a new gun owner several years ago of going cheap and not trying out many guns in the case. Never again !

The internet is your friend and we can truly help you weed thru the junk VS serious self defense weaponry thingie

How hard is it to understand.. it needs to go BANG every time you pull the trigger :cool:

It's a lady.. the G 21 is one of my fav guns, the first time I fired one it was love at first experience, I mowed down a row of bowling pins in a Marine firing kneel, but it will not be her favorite gun at all

Not sure if they're really considered "budget guns", but I really like EEA witnesses and Para 1911's. I've for my Sig, Series 1 Kimber, etc. but I still love those 2 pistols. Para is just stout, witness is a gorgeous gun and shoots like a dream.

They're not "cheap guns" but you're not paying a premium for their name either.

I had a stainless ODI Viking 1911 with the Seecamp double action conversion - bought it brand new. That's how I learned a number of terms like FTF, FTE and stovepipe. It was the only one I ever saw so I don't know if mine was a bad unit, or if they were all bad like Yugos or Edsels.

Some dealer fell in love with it at a gunshow in San Diego and traded me a used Gold Cup for it. Yes, I told him it was a complete turd.

Because I dig unique toys, I've second guessed myself about that trade for the past 25 years. I wonder if some competent smithing or some different springs might have made it into a keeper.

Anyone?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR