JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Initial posting back in June was a 'what if' type of post.

Unfortunately, Initiative 1639 is now the law of the land and all the lamenting [read as whining] in the world can't change the handwriting on the RCW books, for at least three years.

move along.jpeg

And maybe they should not .

Hear, Hear! Mandatory driver education (private or thru public ed, whatever) Learners permits until 18, restricted licenses (hour restrictions, plus vehicle size/horsepowerimits - hardship permits available with additional training) 18-21, unrestricted passenger vehicle license at 21-65 after another test which includes simulated inclement weather, parking (parallel, angled, and 90 degree) evasive maneuvers, and highway merging. At 65, you get retested and then retested every 4 years thereafter. Maybe mandate traffic school and remedial training & retest after an at-fault accident. Guns are way safer than cars.

Hear, Hear! Mandatory driver education (private or thru public ed, whatever) Learners permits until 18, restricted licenses (hour restrictions, plus vehicle size/horsepowerimits - hardship permits available with additional training) 18-21, unrestricted passenger vehicle license at 21-65 after another test which includes simulated inclement weather, parking (parallel, angled, and 90 degree) evasive maneuvers, and highway merging. At 65, you get retested and then retested every 4 years thereafter. Maybe mandate traffic school and remedial training & retest after an at-fault accident. Guns are way safer than cars.
Driving a four wheel vehicle isn't hard, which is why they teach it early and allow a license at that age.

All that stuff doesn't make stupid less stupid. Most of the danger is from stupid, and I don't mean as in they don't understand or can't. I mean they know how to drive and make the decision not to do so.

Driving a four wheel vehicle isn't hard, which is why they teach it early and allow a license at that age.

All that stuff doesn't make stupid less stupid. Most of the danger is from stupid, and I don't mean as in they don't understand or can't. I mean they know how to drive and make the decision not to do so.

Driving is harder than the avg motorist can handle, short of an IQ test or self driving vehicles, taking a far more serious approach to training, licensing, and punishing violators is the only thing that will likely weed out stupids. Call me jaded, 18 years as a professional driver in some capacity, being struck bodily 3 times by vehicles, amd having been rear ended 4 times (while stopped in every instance) and T boned once I have a very low opinion of motorists, and of driving standards. I know for a fact Oregon has dumbed down the test for both commercial and private drivers. Lower standards, worse drivers. For the last 15 years I deal directly with the motoring public and am exposed daily to traffic from parking lots to freeways - seriously 50+% of motorists have no business on the roads either due to lack of skill, lack of attention, medical or physical impairment, chemical impairment - or what have you. As much as Europe has things backwards, many Euro countries take driving and driver education far more seriously than we do in the US.

I both fear and welcome self driving or assisted driving vehicles because it will generally make the roads safer for all. Maybe we just need a war to thin the herd o_O

Driving is harder than the avg motorist can handle, short of an IQ test or self driving vehicles, taking a far more serious approach to training, licensing, and punishing violators is the only thing that will likely weed out stupids. Call me jaded, 18 years as a professional driver in some capacity, being struck bodily 3 times by vehicles, amd having been rear ended 4 times (while stopped in every instance) and T boned once I have a very low opinion of motorists, and of driving standards. I know for a fact Oregon has dumbed down the test for both commercial and private drivers. Lower standards, worse drivers. For the last 15 years I deal directly with the motoring public and am exposed daily to traffic from parking lots to freeways - seriously 50+% of motorists have no business on the roads either due to lack of skill, lack of attention, medical or physical impairment, chemical impairment - or what have you. As much as Europe has things backwards, many Euro countries take driving and driver education far more seriously than we do in the US.

I both fear and welcome self driving or assisted driving vehicles because it will generally make the roads safer for all. Maybe we just need a war to thin the herd o_O
The problem isn't its hard then. They dumbed it down.

Learning to drive eighteen wheels wasn't hard. The big thing I always found was people just do stupid things on purpose. Whether it is because they're cocky, think they no longer have to do what they consider BS, or just too damn hotheaded (being a NJ escapee I can vouch for this one being too common).

Four wheels is easy. People are just people, and people do stupid things. Even when they know better.

I understand where you are coming from, but no thanks. We've got enough restrictions already. I'd rather not see any illegals motoring around in our country far before putting up any more hoops for actual Americans to jump through.

I understand where you are coming from, but no thanks. We've got enough restrictions already. I'd rather not see any illegals motoring around in our country far before putting up any more hoops for actual Americans to jump through.

Agree with you there. Round up the criminals and deport em, then crack down on employers and make them unable to get a job. The rest will self deport.

Here is my list of reasonable restrictions:

1) Never by a Ruger Mk I, II or III now that the much easier to reassemble Mk IV is available.
2) Don't use cheap, coated, steel case ammo in your AR, life is too short to clean up the mess.
3) Never 'restrict' your spouse if she wants another firearm
4) Stop buying guns when you know their triggers suck, unless you buy the replacement trigger with it.
5) Refrain from blaming your gun when you miss, especially if you are a trap shooter. It's the singer not the song.
6) Tacticool isn't
7) Don't complain about Glocks...even if you hate them. You will never win the argument.
8) Restrict dry firing your rimfire guns, even though most will be fine.
9) Don't get Stomper started.
10) Be excellent to each other and the Mods.

I know this is a serous topic but though we needed a time out after 23 pages.

Carry on

Or was it, "get into a battle of wits"? :D

I'll most likely kill you in the morning...

"Fool!" cried the hunchback. "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line."

Interesting thread. Kinda shows why we are loosing the battle.

Instead of using gungrabber "newspeak" like "Common sence" and "reasonable", lets cut to the chase. They want us dissarmed.

Instead of "reasonable restrictions", how about "required knowledge with subsequent application of such knowledge"

Since we now have 1693 to contend with, lets take a page from the gun grabber legislation and make a real safety class that works.

One possible idea for a class curriculum:

Basic Firearms Safety Rules

Firearms and Children (including secure gun storage and talking to children about gun safety)

Firearms and Suicide Prevention

WA State Use of Deadly Force Law

Secure Gun Storage (to prevent unauthorized access and use)

Safe Handling of Firearms

State and Federal Firearms Laws(including prohibited firearms transfers)

Units of measure.

External ballistics.

Optics selection.

Ranging.

Shooter-spotter communications.

Shot process/fundamentals stuff.

Environmental effects.

Wind.

Movers.

High angle.

Gathering Dope.

Reasonable restrictions

Restrict the media from lying about guns and making up catch words and buzz phrases to inaccurately describe a gun.
Restrict politicians from the same as above.
Restrict ANY changes being made to reduce or misinterpret constitutional rights.
Restrict Hillary Clintons access to the internet and social media. She's already leaked classified emails and lied about it...

Citizens should have equal access to what local law enforcement is able to obtain.
Most are unaware, most all armed police, and government agencies not only have armed officers as a policy, they almost all were armed first based solely on the 2nd Amendment. Policy only effects use of firearm while employed, not the right to carry that was already granted.

EDIT: this also effected the early FBI, and the time full auto was an item they could carry based only on that 2nd Amendment right.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top