JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Personally I think it's a poor decision I don't think it reflects very good on gun owners totally understand the Second Amendment rights but you got to use your head on these things.
What are your guys thoughts

Man with gun near schools 'exercising rights,' prompts calls to police
Updated 13 minutes ago

By FOX 12 Staff

Hillsboro police received at least a dozen calls Tuesday about a man carrying a rifle near schools just to exercise his Second Amendment rights.

It all started at about 1:30 p.m. Police said the man, who refused to identify himself to police, was seen near Ladd Acres Elementary School and R.A. Brown Middle School.

Police said the man was not committing a crime and was not threatening anyone. However, officers added it was probably poor timing to be carrying a hunting rifle near schools one day after a gunman shot and killed 12 people at the Washington, DC, Navy Yard.

But, police reiterated, the man did not walk on school grounds and did not break the law.

Officers said the man recorded their interaction with him.

I still support it. A law abiding citizen OCing, nothing wrong with that.
There are shootings everyday. To live in fear because one just happened is asinine.
I would however walk right up to him and say hi. Id probably then talk about firearms and our 2A rights, and If i had spare time (which I rarely do) Id see if hed like company and join along.

They (the antis) have fooled many firearm owners that we're somehow wrong beliving in the second amendment and that it isnt "cool" or "acceptable" to stand up for OUR rights.. & That somehow we'll magically lose them.

Like it or not, the constitution states very clearly we the people have the right to keep and BEAR arms and that RIGHT shall not be infringed.
California, New York (anong other states) let it get that way. They (Firearm owners) kept backing down and now its far too late.

We're a stronger force than many would think. And we've definitely got the capabilities to defend that right.

The guy is a moron and no different than the Westboro church fools that picket military funerals. Attention whuring and nothing more.

There is exercising your rights and then there is poor taste. This was just poor taste.

Wonder if it was the "MarkedGuardian" YouTube boob. He's from Oregon and travels around, toting a rifle and a pistol trying to provoke police response so he can "educate them" and "normalize" OC, especially that of long arms. Toolbags like him will get the right to OC taken away period, and will scare the general public into the antigunners arms. These fools hurt the cause far more than they help it. OC of a pistol is one thing - OC of a rifle, in any urban setting, is retarded, irresponsible, and should never be considered "normal". We don't live in a war-zone, and God willing, we never do.

As I said in another thread, with Rights come Responsibilities - and just because something is legal doesn't make it right, responsible, or reasonable at all times.

Provoking confrontations with the police is not the way to help the cause. Scaring the crap out of the public (especially children, parents, and school officials) is never going to help the cause. OCing a rifle immediately after a tragedy like the shipyard shooting, is asinine and irresponsible at the least. These people are exactly why Californians lost their right to even unloaded OC, and why MultCo got to ban non-CHL OC, and why the rest of the state is sure to follow - if not find ourselves with a re-write of all of our carry laws and NOT in favorable terms for us.

The only point these people are making - is that they're toolbags with too much free time, not enough brain power, and they're giving the antis exactly what they want - ammunition against us.

Just because it is legal doesn't mean it is smart.
And the opposite...
Just because it is illegal doesn't mean it is bad.

I have guns and carry a gun because I can. 2nd amendment.
I don't live in fear of the "violent world" and I have nothing to prove to the antigunners.

Leave children out of your stupid protest! Want to demonstrait your 2A rights, march in front of a police station or Capitol building! Idiot!

Around here in some areas its almost impossible to NOT walk or drive past a school.
That point should be moot. Children are safe inside the school, walking past it doesnt hurt a thing. They did their job by being observant but they should've left it at that After law enforcement stated that he wasn't breaking any laws by just walking past.

And the police responded accordingly, they did not id him nor detain him, police got calls and they checked it out. I own guns not to keep a tyrannical government at bay, but to protect my family. If I see a guy carrying a rifle near a school especially the one where my wife works at and my child attends, I will make sure to check it out personally. Would I be infringing on his second amendment rights? Maybe but I would be exercising my god given right to make sure no harm could possibly come to my wife and child.

LOOK! WE NEED FRIENDS, NOT TERRIFIED, THEN AILENATED PARENTS AND THE POLITICAL CENTER! I KNOW THAT SCHOOLS ARE EVERYWHERE! TRY TO FORMULATE A PLAN IN YOUR BRAIN CELL AND AVOID THEM!

The guy has sh*t for brains. He does not realize that he is doing more harm than good in the current battle to protect our 2nd Amendment rights.
Maybe Bloomberg is paying him to act like a crazy gun nut to support his goal of taking away the 2nd amendment right of us sane pro gun folks.

LOOK! WE NEED FRIENDS, NOT TERRIFIED, THEN AILENATED PARENTS AND THE POLITICAL CENTER! I KNOW THAT SCHOOLS ARE EVERYWHERE! TRY TO FORMULATE A PLAN IN YOUR BRAIN CELL AND AVOID THEM!

CAPS LOCK!
A little advice, they'll never change their views. Im not the only one who's tired of pandering to their opinions and anti firearm agenda. If they don't like it, too bad.
If for any reason I want to take a stroll or have to walk somewhere.. i.e.; return from a hunting trip and my house is a few blocks away, return from a day at the range, perhaps my vehicle breaks down after I just purchased a new firearm and again, Im within reasonable walking distance. Im really not going to go out of my way to worry about the sheeples fears and feelings when it comes to hoplophobia.

Bad taste would be walking INTO the school or direct property if he didn't have any children, kin or reason to be there other than to get attention.
Or perhaps dress in a manor that would worry people even if he wasn't OCing.. A tac vest, too much camo, facial tattoos..lol you get the point.

Just walking past? Come on.. Get over it.
Keep letting the antis tell you what you can and cant do, I'd rather fight for and exercise my rights.. Perceived in "good taste" or not.

The guy has sh*t for brains. He does not realize that he is doing more harm than good in the current battle to protect our 2nd Amendment rights. Maybe Bloomberg is paying him to act like a crazy gun nut to support his goal of taking away the 2nd amendment right of us sane pro gun folks.

If I was Bloomberg, this is precisely what I would do: wait for another mass-shooting, hire a few hippies to run around elementary schools with rifles and spare magazines, and after the freaking-out parents call 911 tell the police and reporters that "you want to normalize it".

I wish that a few decades ago the father of that guy was OC'ing a condom before the regrettable thing had to happen.

CAPS LOCK!
A little advice, they'll never change their views. Im not the only one who's tired of pandering to their opinions and anti firearm agenda. If they don't like it, too bad.
If for any reason I want to take a stroll or have to walk somewhere.. i.e.; return from a hunting trip and my house is a few blocks away, return from a day at the range, perhaps my vehicle breaks down after I just purchased a new firearm and again, Im within reasonable walking distance. Im really not going to go out of my way to worry about the sheeples fears and feelings when it comes to hoplophobia.

Bad taste would be walking INTO the school or direct property if he didn't have any children, kin or reason to be there other than to get attention.
Or perhaps dress in a manor that would worry people even if he wasn't OCing.. A tac vest, too much camo, facial tattoos..lol you get the point.

Just walking past? Come on.. Get over it.
Keep letting the antis tell you what you can and cant do, I'd rather fight for and exercise my rights.. Perceived in "good taste" or not.

Did you even read my rant? I'm interested in keeping the middle of the road folks willing to vote down the liberal extremists. Stuff each and every progressive! I care zero about them! But we need votes not show off goof balls at this time. I'll get over it when OCers get lost. Had it!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top