JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@SunShineShan82 like I said when I gave you the ammo the two boxes are 7 1/2 lead bird shot .
The others are #1 #2 #4 steal bird shot.
The box of 00 buckshot 9 pellet .
really doesn't have a lot of recoil.
But you where worried about passing through Walls and stuff like that.
So it's up to you what you decide on.
Hopefully we can get out and shoot and you can try different stuff .

@SunShineShan82 like I said when I gave you the ammo the two boxes are 7 1/2 lead bird shot .
The others are #1 #2 #4 steal bird shot.
The box of 00 buckshot 9 pellet .
really doesn't have a lot of recoil.
But you where worried about passing through Walls and stuff like that.
So it's up to you what you decide on.
Hopefully we can get out and shoot and you can try different stuff .

Yes, I remember what you said. I worry about penetration through the walls since both houses are too close. It's times like these I wish I found a house out in the middle of no where. There was this really nice place in Redmond that was very nice but, someone got it before I could. My lease is up in May but with this thing going on, I don't know if now is a good time to move plus, with the divorce I cannot leave the school district... WA laws and all that.

You're constrained as to where you live cuz of a divorce?
My ex moved across the state when I divorced her. Took the kids and everything (yes, literally everything! :eek: )

You're constrained as to where you live cuz of a divorce?

I have temp custody or whatever its called of the children. Ex lives out of the country so its fine as it is. But, according to the law here in King County that I must get permission from my ex to change school districts. He isn't going to give me permission for anything so yeah, I'm stuck in BSD.

That totally blows, Shan. What a dickwad, holding crap over you like that.
I just wanted away from my ex, but I knew I'd never win a court battle over the kids.
I was the sole breadwinner, and my lawyer said that a stay-at-home mom *always" wins custody, unless she's a meth addict or something...

So with out getting into @SunShineShan82 .
Personal life to much .
I told her I had some ammo I would give her because I had no use for it 380 ammo .
So we made arrangements to meet .
Because she lives off the hwy I travel to work.
Then after talking she said she had a shotgun I have plenty of Shotgun ammo I buy it by the case.
So I said I could give her different shotgun ammo to try .
So after a day of talking I went to her house and tried to answer some questions she had.
Basically where she lives if she shoots a gun in one direction it could hit the neighbors house.
And she has kids also so rounds passing through Walls is a problem.
So that's how we came to the bird shot talk.
She's is really new to guns like she said .
But that's why she is here RIGHT.
We are trying to get together to shoot with me and some other members on here .
Hopefully we can get this done.

@EPS you are a damn good person, glad to have you n here and part of this community!

That is all!

Last Edited:
A properly loaded AR is the best answer if this is a primary concern.

That said...
The Presumptive Hazards of Over-Penetration
Well here you go she is on level 1 And you are asking her to jump to level 25 .
Not to mention someone was telling her to buy a plate carrier.
Really she has not even got her hand gun from the 10 day wait and your telling her to buy a plate carrier.
COME ON MAN .
REALLY .

Well here you go she is on level 1 And you are asking her to jump to level 25 .
Not to mention someone was telling her to buy a plate carrier.
Really she has not even got her hand gun from the 10 day wait and your telling her to buy a plate carrier.
COME ON MAN .
REALLY .

You're right she should just use birdshot. <insert eyeroll icon>
Carry on.

A properly loaded* AR is the best answer if this is a primary concern.

* = Something in the first two categories I post here:
Defensive Rifle Ammo
tits/ritz,
Great read! Thanks!
Your post from back in July links to another article, the Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo.
There is an acronym in that article that I could find a definition for, nor figure out by context. What does "OTM" mean in regards to ammo??

tits/ritz,
Great read! Thanks!
Your post from back in July links to another article, the Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo.
There is an acronym in that article that I could find a definition for, nor figure out by context. What does "OTM" mean in regards to ammo??

A primer on OTM and specifically the MK 262...
Reviewing Black Hills' MK 262 Mod 1 Ammo

I prefer a barrier blind bonded soft points, but if heavy penetration is undesirable it's a good way to go. There is a reason HRT, SWAT <insert acronym> units have overwhelmingly moved away from shotguns and PCCs for 5.56 SBR and/or carbines.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads