JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
All this hoarding and war profiteering has given us exactly what we fear. This is what it will be like if a ban is passed. If transfers are prohibited, expect worse until the day of enactment.

The hoarding also diminishes the opportunity for new enthusiasts to try out the cool guns. We are limiting our population growth and our political strength at the same time. I have tried out just about every evil black rifle ever made but I am saddened for all those who have not had that pleasure. Think of the children who will never be able enjoy shooting an M4 like his or her father used in the war. We are losing our history and traditions. These are the good old days...

Happy hoarding days... :)

I'm doing my part I don't think I have ever even handled a AR-15 I may have at sometime in the past like at a gun show but I doubt it. I know I have never handled an AK or just about every other modern black gun. I have shot a M-16 about 10 times. But that was a long time ago (25 years ago). No interest so one of you can have my turn.

All this hoarding and war profiteering has given us exactly what we fear. This is what it will be like if a ban is passed. If transfers are prohibited, expect worse until the day of enactment.

The hoarding also diminishes the opportunity for new enthusiasts to try out the cool guns. We are limiting our population growth and our political strength at the same time. I have tried out just about every evil black rifle ever made but I am saddened for all those who have not had that pleasure. Think of the children who will never be able enjoy shooting an M4 like his or her father used in the war. We are losing our history and traditions. These are the good old days...

Happy hoarding days... :)

Some of its hoarding from old timers that already have guns n ammo. But i do believe with this latest growth spurt in the industry it has created newbies in the gun market 10 fold. Alot of the newcombers don't realise how much the prices have increased from before so they think its normal and are buying. I don't know to many of us that have been around that will spend the kind of money people are asking for stuff we already readily have on hand.

I think you have a point, chariot13. All the TV interviews of gun shop owners I've seen seems to stress the number of new buyers. Since I'm stuck overseas until March, I haven't had a chance to pick up a new AR lower to complete my .300 Blackout build. Supply and demand is a bubblegum, especially when the demand is largely based on fear and/or hysteria.

I've got a friend in a shop in Montana. We were speaking the other day and he told me how it was going there. The days after the Sandy Hook shootings guys were walking in and buying 3-4 ARs at a time and didn't care what they were or anything about them. Just trying to bank on a ban and prices going up. He said the same for ammo and reloading supplies.

I have a friend with a shop in Michigan. He said he's going on vacation for the month of January; nothing in the shop left to sell... even boxes of ammo that had been sitting on the shelf gathering dust for years. It all sold in 2 days.

History always repeats itself. I would like a ww1 or ww2 colt like my grandpa used in ww2 but trying to get one is next to impossible without spending alot of $$$$.

All this hoarding and war profiteering

I purchased a black rifle and some magazines before the latest rush. I am not interested in selling them to someone who did not purchase when the price was lower. This doesn't mean that I am hoarding. Also the last time I looked we were not fighting a war and no one is war profiteering.

I was trying to make the point that by buying up the available stocks we are depriving future gun owners who would have been allies in the battle against the anti gunners. War profiteering is an analogy to those who benefit off of a battle between opposing forces. In any case, this is what a postban world looks like. You can't get what you want. If you don't want an EBR then you have nothing to worry about until they come for your deer rifle. If you don't want to use the word "war" to describe a desire to keep a freedom versus those who would take it, okay.

Happy hoarding days. :)

My neighbor is one of those new guys looking for a gun. He's a hard case liberal who is all for a total gun ban. He's looking for an AR before the ban so he'll be ready to shoot gun people in the event they rebel against the government. He would like to purchase one of the ARs that you're hoarding, and he wants to pay old prices. Can I pass your number on to him happy hoarder?

I do think this in a real opportunity for the manufacturers to crank up business and sell more product. All that can are doing this now, so if the items are allowed to be sold in 2013 you will see a lot more product availability.

If our worst fears are justified then its over for a time until we can push out the anti-gun candidates that seem to live in office. Democrat or Republican it will be time to grill your local candidate to insure they are pro-gun before giving them your vote.

I also agree that this will only be the beginning of the gun control agenda that this administration has in its pocket for you over the next four years. Just look at their past voting records for your first big clue.

It never amazes me how bubbleguming stupid people can be Jordan.... As they run to buy these guns and pay prices that are absolutly bubbleguming stupid also... These chicken bubblegums are going to be the first pussies to hand over the rifles to the men in Janet Reno fashioned gun collecting clothing and then tattling on the next closest neighbor that might also have those evil black guns. The sheeple names and faces change but the mentality never does ever. These are the same ones who don't prepare for emergencies and will be pulling every single item from the shelves of your local grocery store..... Be wary of these people and be even more weary for the changes to come. As for my rifles and my kids chances of ever shooting them... Sadly lost in the greatest bOating accident of all times along with countless other friends firearms also... It's sad Jordan, great post by the way.
Logical1

Don't go blaming anyone but those who are too damned afraid to stand up to the government and who are willing to give up their guns or have their firearms registered once this ban takes place. Remember your second amendment right isn't just about about hunting.

Don't go blaming anyone but those who are too damned afraid to stand up to the government and who are willing to give up their guns or have their firearms registered once this ban takes place. Remember your second amendment right isn't just about about hunting.

Yeah, but that hasn't happened... yet at least.

Right now i'm going to keep blaming the manufacturers

The first year of the first term of our current president was bad. Lots of hype and hysterics. Prices went up as demand spiked against supply. Then people figured out that the sky wasn't falling after all. Quite the opposite. We have more choices from more manufacturers on guns, ammo, and accessories. Lots of small businesses have popped up in the support market. Regulations and restrictions are greatly reduced, CC laws are more user friendly, and there are a lot of new people in the shooting community. If I were betting, I'd call this hysterics redux.

There are a lot of gun owners that support banning AR's and so called hi cap mags. They should read the Brady Bunch long term plan. It starts with banning AR's and so called hi cap mags and ends with banning all firearms. One step at a time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top