JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Early 2009-2010, dang, don't remember know. Dad passed Christmas Eve 2010 though.
When we were down in Utah for our regular January visit dad said I may as well take those guns as he knew my brother wouldn't want them. Most of dads guns had been hanging above the basement fire place for many years. Since I was young. Probably mid '60s. These were some real old guns. There was a Winchester M66 dated to 1871. A Win M 86 in .40-82 dated 1890. A Frontier Bull Dog, probably Belgian made. An M71(?) German Mauser of some kind, A Burgess 12ga shotgun. A late 1800s pat. date 1866 Remington rolling block. A colt Cap & Ball pocket pistol. Dad's dear rifle, a FULLY sporterized Model of 1917 Enfield, scoped with a Lyman Alaskan 4X. And a Colt woodsman 2nd model with box and papers. Some of dads target's he'd shot included. And finally a S&W pre model 15 .38 special that grand dad, dads step father, used when he was in law enforcement in the Los Angeles area in the earl '50s, including the holster and belt. Presumably, Dad had bought these OLD guns when he got out of the Navy in '47 and went into a gun shop biz with his brother and was going to work on them.
The only guns really worth keeping, in my mind, I kept. The deer rifle, Colt, S&W and for some reason I've still got the Remington rolling Block. The old Winchesters were pretty beat up. Dad had sanded and blued over the original case coloring and changed the stock on the M86. The pocket pistol was a mix master of old/new parts. The m66 had been beat on pretty good but was all original. Over the years I've turned those guns into new guns. Or new to me guns anyway. Th ONE gun of those I really, really wish I'd kept was the old Mauser. NOW I'm into stuff like that. None of the other guns I sold were in shooting shape. I'll bet that old Mauser could have had a little cleaning. I could have bought a box of shells. And taken it to the range and hit a 10" gong at 100 yards! Knowing what I know now!

Sorry for the long story. That's also pretty much the story of how I came to be at the point I am now within the firearms community. Getting deeper and deeper! I feel I've got a lot of catching up to do.

My dads Winchester model 1890 in .22L at his request
My dads Savage 110DL (left hand) in a Fagen stock dad made. Also at his request.
And the Smith Corona O3-A3 in ex+ condition I sold to pay an electric bill

Sold a Belgian made Browning SA-22 for $50 in about 1965. Can't afford to replace it (well, I could, but other priorities apply).

browningsa-22.png

If I regret selling any, it would be 2 custom rifles built by PO Ackley while he was still living in Roseburg, one was a 6.5-06 on a Husqvarna action, and the other was a .230 Ackley short on a Remington 700 action, they would both put 3 rounds through the same hole at 100 yards

Thanks to a member here, I picked up one of those firearms I used to regret selling a while back. Even if this C93 is a problem child, Im still happy I have one again.
Now I just need an AES-10b or Yugo RPK clone!

I know, I know..."never sell your guns" but I think we have all been there!

For me, definately my King Cobra...replaced it with a Smith but I kick myself every day still...

How bout you guys?
Hands down, my trusty CZ 75 SP01 9mm with upgraded night sights.
I have owned firearms for over 50 years and it remains the only one I really do regret letting go of.

Hands down, my trusty CZ 75 SP01 9mm with upgraded night sights.
I have owned firearms for over 50 years and it remains the only one I really do regret letting go of.
I bought a new CZ SP01 some years ago in .40. Didn't really know much about .40, but that's what it was. I just liked the looks of it, and chose it over a Berretta because of the trigger! The thing really makes me look better than I am.

Most I have sold I do not regret selling , they weren't a good fit with how like to shoot or weren't interesting to me historically. There is a couple of exceptions but I am pretty happy with what I own now , happy enough I haven't wanted to go out and reacquire them.

Originally, the one that got away for me was a Smith Wesson. 500 pistol I bought myself as a gift when I landed a job after graduating college. I ended up buying 2 more since and still have them.

Now, the one gun I no longer have that I wish I had kept was a Century Draco AK I picked up maybr 10 years ago for only $360 new. Sold it for $900 a few years ago but I never was able to buy another AK pistol. My FN Scar is another one but for what the SCAR was worth I can live with myself.

Ah boy... way to revive the grief! This is supposed to be my "happy place!" o_O

It's been a good handful of years so I think I can talk about it now without a complete breakdown, but in baby steps...

My second greatest regret was my Kahr MK40 full SS. In the early days they were actually affordable and ran like a swiss watch. It was my EDC for years and loved every bit of it, except the weight.

My one and greatest was a Viginia Dragoon Bicentennial edition 44 mag. Not the fancy boxed commemorative one but the simple backstrap engraved "We the people" version workhorse. I couldn't count how many Elk and Moose hunts the fellow rode my hip over the years and all the memories tied to it. Letting it go "still" hurts to think about...

Time to go shooting! :D

WW II Colt .45 1911. Bought it in a bar for $100.00 in 1974. Shot very well but I stupidly traded it for a deer rifle.

Ruger SP 101 .357 Mag. Paid $225.00 in 1995. Traded it for a Harley Davidson Carb. Value now---Gun $500.00 Carb. $50.00

I regret having to sell my entire collection years ago due to a bad economy but most of all my Ivory handle Colt SAA. Second gen with 7.5 inch barrel that shot where the sights pointed.:s0058:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top