JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I miss my Tec9. Stupid and useless, but dam it was such a fun range toy. I know I'll end up buying a replacement.

Last Edited:
There are a few. Back in the day when I could buy Mil Surp 1911's in REALLY good shape I had a few pass my hands. Same with M-1 Carbines. Those I lost track how many I bought and sold. I Soooo wish I had kept at least one of each of those.

There are guns I've taken a bath on, so I regret that part but I can't think of any guns I regret selling because of the gun itself.

None really. And I've been dumping more guns lately that probably ever before. Haven't missed a single one in recent memory.

Wasn't it you who made a thread like this a couple years ago? :D

Wasn't it you who made a thread like this a couple years ago? :D

Appears so. Lots of changes since early part of last year.

My two Valmet rifles

89736236_1_x.jpg

8WIN-Folding-Stock_100866215_1167_9F54C34A43F9DAFE.jpg

At the time mags were $200+ if you could find them, and parts, like extractors, springs, etc. - for get it. This was during the AWB days. I decided to replace them with rifles that I could get parts and mags for.

Sig P238HD. This was the steel frame version of the gun - a little more heft to it. Not that .380 recoils much anyway, but I thought this thing had less than a .22's worth of recoil to it. Great little pocket gun and I don't think they're in production any longer.

Not sure if I want to buy it again or switch gears and go to a Kimber Micro though.

Also regret selling my CZ457 Lux. Damn that thing was pretty. Sold it to fund a .308 to get dad into distance shooting...well, long story short I don't chat with my immediate family any longer and have since sold off that .308. So, I'm down a gun for an experience that never panned out. Won't do that again.

Ruger 10/22 WMR. Yeah, it probably would have broke at some point but it would have been fun getting there. :)

I stored my S&W Model 36 snubby and a Marlin 336 at Dad's place in Wisconsin when I got orders to West Berlin. Later, I got uneasy thinking about his unlocked home (yeah, it was that long ago), so during my first leave back to CONUS I sold those firearms on consignment in a local shop. Still kicking myself about that.

1. .32cal nickle plated beretta
2. USGI .45
3. Ruger #1V in .22-250
4. Charles Daly/Miroku O/U 30"
5. SKB 20ga O/U
6. SKB 20ga SxS
7. Rem 31TC trap
8. Ithaca 37
9. S&W Model 57 .41Mag w/4" barrel

Most of the above were divorce caused, but a few, and only a few, were just bad decisions. In hindsight. Sigh.

I would say none for me, just cuz I enjoyed them at the time and now I have others that I enjoy. I guess for the future there are two types of guns that I wouldn't want to sell personally:
1) ones that truly feel "special" to me. Col. Jeff Cooper described it as a "special connection" (or similar language) in his book "the art of the rifle". That "special connection" is a tiny list for me, even though I appreciate and enjoy many guns. That "special connection" is an individual thing of course and for me craftsmanship and build quality are probably the biggest component of it. For someone else it might be sentimental/family reasons, historical importance, or it might be simply how it makes u feel when holding or shooting it, or other reasons.
2) ones that could never be replaced due to likely upcoming regulations.

Regrets:

Polytech AKS side-folder

.357 Ruger GP100 with a sweet trigger-job

45LC Ruger Blackhawk

since then I have not, nor will I EVER sell another gun. Once I buy a gun… it's for life.

ZERO regrets:

Ruger Mini-14

They're awesome looking, but I have less than ZERO use for them on a functional basis.

Not a firearm, but rather, selling my father's original Fenwick fly rod when they had a lifetime guarantee. It was older than me and he loved using it. It was also what I learned to fly fish with and much better and lighter than the one i received for my birthday as an 11-12 year old. I hesitantly sold it to a collector enthusiast. I regretted it the moment he left in the car and feel like I let a big part of my dad down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top