JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
jYnuY0Q6nucX373stSZpoqJ9x4rQQCWP6jRdm7EAQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Another gun I regret selling even more than the 586s was an Iver Johnson Gun and Cycle Works top break revolver in 38 S&W that still had all of its original bluing. I bought it from a co-worker for $40. I traded it for something and regretted it almost immediately. When I offered to buy it back, it had already been resold.

Ruger Mini-14 SS Factory Folder, I pity the fool
629 5" Classic Magna ported. That pistol shot nice
S&W 66 4"
Colt 1911 SS Gold Cup
A couple M-1 carbines
Real nice Smith Corona 1903A3
Bought and sold a lot of guns through the years. Looking back I really regret selling these.
Back in the day when the high cap 9 mm pistols came out everyone was selling there old funky wheel guns to by a
wonder 9 mm. I remember buying S&W model 19 4" real nice shape for $250.

If you're gonna sell stuff off, find the gun that has the most sentimental value to you. Sell that one, then selling the rest becomes a lot easier.

I only keep guns now for specific purposes. I don't become fond of any one of them in particular.

My two Valmet rifles

View attachment 876836

View attachment 876837

At the time mags were $200+ if you could find them, and parts, like extractors, springs, etc. - for get it. This was during the AWB days. I decided to replace them with rifles that I could get parts and mags for.
Wow. I totally understand your decision at that time, but ... wow. Those are pretty cool. How did they handle and shoot?

If you're gonna sell stuff off, find the gun that has the most sentimental value to you. Sell that one, then selling the rest becomes a lot easier.

I only keep guns now for specific purposes. I don't become fond of any one of them in particular.

Get that. After a year from hell, it has been strangely cathartic for everyone in the household to jettison old stuff and whatnot (material and otherwise), declutter our words, and refocus on what matters, brings us joy, or just works. (Booting material junk is super easier for me when I'm that mode, but much harder for wife who is kind of a packrat. But mentally, spiritually, or however you want to call it, is a journey for anyone.) We've still got a large assortment of guns and there is no way I'd jettison them all, for a variety of reasons, but winnowing and out with the old and in with the new type of thing. To each their own, of course. :s0155:

The gun I miss the most was the first revolver I ever bought. It was only a blued Taurus .357 with a 6"barrel, but I swear that thing shot better than my GP100 and I was much more accurate with it. 2nd in line is the Savage 99 in .308 that I stupidly sold for way too cheap when I was young and dumb and needed some cash. That one really hurts.

a bench rest 30 06 sold in southern oregon lost to a paw shop in medford had a custom barrel by SHOOK in southern California back in the 70's on a Springfield action
shot 1/4 MOA at 200 yards with sierra 168 MK still looking for that gun from time to time when i see adds for sporterized o3's

Well, let's see........

My SS Colt Delta Elite......
My SS Ruger Bisley Super Blackhawk in .45LC....
My HK 91.......
My Parker Bros. PHE side-by-side .....
And then there's the HK 94......
pristine condition, factory box with shipping label, serial number 025. Needed cash.......... 139604-0e6eb481a28b2a6ab20ad1dc2ad95878.jpg 139605-016cd68ea48f9017b845f10cc87489a2.jpg

Mind you, these were not my best shooters...just elegant pieces of hardware that I wish I had back...

Smith-Corona 03A3. Not a pretty gun. Got it with some others from a WWII/Korea vet who was dying from cancer. Did get to visit with him a few times before he died. He had accurized it in the method of the time, support screw in forearm against the barrel, etc. He had made a front sight-hood out of a conduit clamp. The stock was coated in some sort of varathane and had a ballistics chart decoupaged in it. it had several other custom features that he had added. I didn't think too much about it at the time and I have a couple of nice 03A3s so I sold it to a guy who was going to restore it. In hindsight I should have kept it in Henry's memory. I never shot it, but from the notes I got with it he must have had it dialed in!!
Jeannie did keep his K98 that he had appropriated out of a munitions depot in Norway at the end of WWII. Also much sporterized, but a keeper for sure. Also has copious notes with it. They would have made a nice pair.:(:(:(

3 Ruger #1's over a period of years, 2 300 win mags and a 30-06. And worst of all, a Win Model 88 in 284 win. OK, I've made myself cry responding to this thread. CRAP !

Years ago, I wanted my MT husband to buy a RUGER #1 in 45-70 or in a 30-06. But most of all in a 45-70 caliber.

He loves BOTH of those firearm calibers and several others even though he downsized and consolidated ALL of his firearm calibers BIG time.

He never did buy a Ruger #1 when I wanted him to make the purchase. And he liked specific Ruger firearms and he liked the #1 model too.

He still has his older, much loved and accurate 30-06 bolt action rifle - blued and beautiful wood. He got a bunch of elk with that rifle.

He has had several 45-70 rifles over the years - mainly in the MADE IN CT Marlin brand! He still has a MADE IN CT classic Marlin rifle in 45-70.

So he ONLY owns 2 CF lever action rifles now and ZERO in RF which is odd for HIM since he was ALWAYS INTO lever action and BOLT ACTION RIFLES. ADDED more here.

He did have a very nice Henry rifle in 45-70 too. Plus a very nice Henry rifle in 30-30.
Those nice Henry rifles of his are sold and the rest of the nice Henry rifles in RF and in 357Magnum are sold too.

NO RF lever action rifles are here now. None for him and none for me. I do not know if he will ever get another RF lever action rifle too. We have RF bolt action rifles now.

Every single 357Magnum, 38Special and Plus P firearms (Handguns and rifles.) were sold too. BOTH of us and my late husband liked that caliber over the years.

Anyway, I always did LOVE the looks of the RUGER # 1 rifle with the IRON SIGHTS and I think (?) that the 45-70 had really NICE IRON SIGHTS but I am not positive now.

He is happy with what he owns now and he was happy with what he owned and shot in the past too.

I wanted him to get some other really nice rifle in the Sharps brand or another one like the Sharps brand and they came in a 45-70 too. They had other calibers but I was willing to give him extra Christmas money for a GIFT to get that rifle and he said that he LIKED what he owned and did not want it. No kidding!

He told me that he NEVER regretted selling or gifting any firearm too.

He enjoyed what he had and he is happy with what he owns/shoots/carries now.

I have ENJOYED what I have owned, shot and carried in firearms too.

I have NEVER regretted what I have sold or gifted too.

I think that some people don't understand that and that is OKAY too.

Take care.

Cate

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR