JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get that. After a year from hell, it has been strangely cathartic for everyone in the household to jettison old stuff and whatnot (material and otherwise), declutter our words, and refocus on what matters, brings us joy, or just works. (Booting material junk is super easier for me when I'm that mode, but much harder for wife who is kind of a packrat. But mentally, spiritually, or however you want to call it, is a journey for anyone.) We've still got a large assortment of guns and there is no way I'd jettison them all, for a variety of reasons, but winnowing and out with the old and in with the new type of thing. To each their own, of course. :s0155:

Hello,

I can relate to this for various reasons.

I have NEVER regretted selling or gifting any firearm or any other THING in my life.

I may miss being able to shoot something due to MY specific physical issues but that is NO different to me that missing doing something else due to specific PHYSICAL issues too.

My late husband and my MT husband did not regret gifting or selling any THING or a firearm too. My late husband only owned a FEW firearms in his life on purpose and in only 2 calibers - 22lr and 357Magnum. He did own MORE sail and power boats though! LOL

We had nice things in our lives and we enjoyed them.

Even my MT husband has some old age hand issues and he specifically went to 2 handgun calibers in his remaining 3 pistols. (45acp and 22lr)

None of us were pack rats and we always went through things in our homes and in our life when it came to our STUFF.

Besides... I was always more of a MINIMALIST even though I had the large brick house tastefully decorated, etc. But it was NOT loaded down with STUFF or cluttered.

I am much MORE of a minimalist now even though I made some huge changes years ago... I am more of one now.

Less is more and I go by what my late husband said too. KISS = keep it simple stupid! I say that often to myself. Grin.

Take care. I hope that things get better for you and your family and you get to move to AZ since that is your wish or goal too.

Sincerely,

Old Lady Cate

Sigh, my very first big boy rifle Ruger 44..aka the Deerstalker or as a young boy.. I called it the deer slayer.. My Dad bought it for me when I was 10 or so when we were living in KY...Sold to a friend while I was in the Marines, I think I got 175.00 for it lololol, any ways jokes on him, you cant get parts for them any more lolol, I speak with him a few times a year, he is retired in smallville PA..and says it still shoots straight and true...what a azzhat , lololol.

IH Date code P7M13 in factory Nickel. The gun would throw brass 25' and you would find all of them in a 3' diameter circle. Got me in the habit of estimating the "precision" of a pistol build by how it ejected the brass.

Smith-Corona 03A3. Not a pretty gun. Got it with some others from a WWII/Korea vet who was dying from cancer. Did get to visit with him a few times before he died. He had accurized it in the method of the time, support screw in forearm against the barrel, etc. He had made a front sight-hood out of a conduit clamp. The stock was coated in some sort of varathane and had a ballistics chart decoupaged in it. it had several other custom features that he had added. I didn't think too much about it at the time and I have a couple of nice 03A3s so I sold it to a guy who was going to restore it. In hindsight I should have kept it in Henry's memory. I never shot it, but from the notes I got with it he must have had it dialed in!!
Jeannie did keep his K98 that he had appropriated out of a munitions depot in Norway at the end of WWII. Also much sporterized, but a keeper for sure. Also has copious notes with it. They would have made a nice pair.:(:(:(
Having met you a few times, I'd say the pair of rifles would be matched by you and Jeanie - dialed in, resourceful, uber-capable, and loaded with knowledge.

I recently sold a couple more; both shipped out Monday. Whilst processing a bunch of financial crapola today, I got the idea to run a report in Quicken for the year in the category. We've dumped more guns and accessories than acquired, monetarily speaking, albeit minimally in the black, so far in 2021. I found that fleetingly amusing for reasons unknown.

A John Wayne Commemorative Model 94. Not only was it a beautiful firearm, it reminds me of better times for our country. I'd love to hang it on the wall, but I guess Jay says that's illegal now anyways. (Not my photo below.)

9518img_1480.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Browning BDA in .38 Super back in ~ 1983. 752 sold in the USA. It was sell the gun or not pay the rent.

Australian Leader Carbine that was a sample submitted for evaluation as a not machine gun. Same situation. :(
1622039781406.png

On a similar note, the one that got away: A guy had a sample Ruger Precision in 260 Rem for sale, all Ruger parts as it came from Ruger. Lost out in production to the 6.5 CM, but I've always had a soft spot for 260 Rem and really considered buying, but passed.

The RPR in 243 made it into the market but I think is now disco'd for the 6mm CM.

Mine was a .22 K-Hornet. :(
I used a .22 target barrel and put it on a small Martini, (Cadet) action. Then, I added a cut down high rise Enfield butt stock and a hand carved forearm. For a scope, I used a Weaver V-22 6X .

At one time, that rifle lowered the digger squirrel population around Klamath Falls by at least 50% :s0155: Then I got married and bought a house.....:s0138:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top