JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Staged- not a real deal- notice the camera follows the individual up the driveway.
The reporter with a cell phone was recording a monitor showing the play back from several security cameras. The cameras are fixed, but the reporter holding the cell phone is tracking the individual coming up the driveway as it plays back on the monitor.

The reporter with a cell phone was recording a monitor showing the play back from several security cameras. The cameras are fixed, but the reporter holding the cell phone is tracking the individual coming up the driveway as it plays back on the monitor.
That's what I was going to say, but you said it much better than how I was gonna say it.

Paywall. And I ain't giving the Old Gray Hag a phuq'n nickel of my money...

What about tigers? Howda pistol? Apparently woman ignored the don't get out of car signs posted every three meters. I understand that the woman's Mom chased tiger to save daughter and it killed the mom but daughter lived.

Or just, stay in the damn car?

Wearing a gun on your person at home could potentially subject you to arrest for violation of safe storage laws.

Well, not in WA. And not at this time, at least. I know what you're saying about TPTB making crazy laws and then enforcing them on law-abiding citizens, but as the WA State law currently exists, having a firearm on your person counts as having it "under the control of the owner" of that firearm, so that, in and of itself, at least by today's standards, is considered to be "safe storage."
Ditto for Oregon.

What about tigers? Howda pistol? Apparently woman ignored the don't get out of car signs posted every three meters. I understand that the woman's Mom chased tiger to save daughter and it killed the mom but daughter lived.

Oops I just noticed I posted the tiger attack story in completely the wrong thread! It was supposed to be posted in the "what gun for mountain lions?" thread. My apologies. It must have seemed to be coming way out of the blue on that.

Oops I just noticed I posted the tiger attack story in completely the wrong thread! It was supposed to be posted in the "what gun for mountain lions?" thread. My apologies. It must have seemed to be coming way out of the blue on that.
Well, not really out of the blue... One could wear a gun in the safety of one's own home, so that one is prepared for that random attack when a Siberian tiger breaks in... so it still fits, with a bit of twisting and stretching... :confused:

And yes, @solv3nt, that last line is a set-up, just for you...

Or just, stay in the damn car?
Traveling by motorcycle I have noticed the advisory signs that said stay in your car. I saw them in Yellowstone Mt and Bear Butte SD and didnt shut off my bike while stopped in traffic. I was kinda nervous about the Buffalos and the Bears. Yes I capitalized Buffalos and Bears because they had my respect. :D:D

I think carrying around the house would get tiresome after about the first day.
In my environment there's cameras, key fob entries, and deadbolt doors just to get to my place.
And the police station is literally next door to my building, so I feel like it's just un necessary.
( Not that it automatically keeps the bad guys at bay - but maybe it gives them pause? )
I have zero problem w/ somebody carrying around the house. But it's just not gonna happen for me.

I think carrying around the house would get tiresome after about the first day.
In my environment there's cameras, key fob entries, and deadbolt doors just to get to my place.
And the police station is literally next door to my building, so I feel like it's just un necessary.
( Not that it automatically keeps the bad guys at bay - but maybe it gives them pause? )
I have zero problem w/ somebody carrying around the house. But it's just not gonna happen for me.
It's not tiresome if you also carry concealed outside often. After a few days you don't even notice it unless you wear it on the side. You'll bump it into things you unconsciously walk very close to. That goes away after a while too. This is assuming that you've found a comfortable holster and carry position.

Not a big deal though. Statistically you'll probably never need it. In my case it makes sense. Some people are going to be above the mean and some below it. I have been a data point on the unsafe side of the curve more than once.

@Flopsweat that's such a valid point - statistics - what's the real chance of something happening between my couch and my coffee maker - about .001 % so I'm taking those odds. I'm kind of a numbers guy.

But there's something else that's giving house-carry peoples a reason to carry and that's the perception that some kook is coming through their door at any time. Real or imagined - the perception is the reason to carry. I consider this the same reason people carry all day, every day going to the store, or going into the garage for a second, or driving into the worst crack neighborhood in Seattle, or whatnot.

Situational awareness is key.

I have a Tenicor ( AIWB) holster that's just very comfortable...regardless if I'm driving...sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day - it's designed very well. I'm just not in that head space to think I need the handgun on me that often. Some might see this as laziness... or I'm being too relaxed, or just being slovenly... hey that's my behavior.

And this could be a different post altogether but carrying a Kimber 1911 vs a Glock 19 could be the tipping point to many people comfortable daily wear vs not comfortable at all. I like shooting the big Kimber .45 but - no way - am I strapping that thing on all day.

@Flopsweat that's such a valid point - statistics - what's the real chance of something happening between my couch and my coffee maker - about .001 % so I'm taking those odds. I'm kind of a numbers guy.

But there's something else that's giving house-carry peoples a reason to carry and that's the perception that some kook is coming through their door at any time. Real or imagined - the perception is the reason to carry. I consider this the same reason people carry all day, every day going to the store, or going into the garage for a second, or driving into the worst crack neighborhood in Seattle, or whatnot.

Situational awareness is key.

I have a Tenicor ( AIWB) holster that's just very comfortable...regardless if I'm driving...sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day - it's designed very well. I'm just not in that head space to think I need the handgun on me that often. Some might see this as laziness... or I'm being too relaxed, or just being slovenly... hey that's my behavior.

And this could be a different post altogether but carrying a Kimber 1911 vs a Glock 19 could be the tipping point to many people comfortable daily wear vs not comfortable at all. I like shooting the big Kimber .45 but - no way - am I strapping that thing on all day.
It's not any one reason. It's a choice. How that choice is made will vary widely from person to person. One of the things I was trying to say earlier is that statistics apply to groups, not individuals. I've been beating the odds (good and bad) all my life, so I'm careful how I use statistics. While I know that odds are I'll never be assaulted in my life, I have been, several times. Also a couple of attempted muggings, attempted illegal entries into my home, etc. Not all of these were in low-odds areas, but I'll grant that some were. I'm not a number, and I don't carry out of a "feeling". None of the above is intended to be rude toward you, just to be clear.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top