JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, other than Tail cap (they are interchangeable) 6P body is better for reduce the heat from the head, when light will be on for long time. But nothing wrong with G2 body either.

My set-up is, 6P bezel (M61W) + G2 Body + XM tail cap + SR dual switch + Vltor scout mount = Over priced Lego light.lol

I use the surefire m962 kit. comes with several lenses, (infared night vision,blood light ,diffuser,red etc.) has pressure switch as well as push button. different intensity bulbs, and spare batteries.

I have a couple fenix l2d lights and they are great (plus use cheap batteries) but I can't help but wonder how durable they are compared to surefire. I don't have the coin to start throwing them against walls until they break to test their strength but does anybody have a toughness comparison for the fenix compared to surefire?
One thing I like is the momentary on for the surefire tailcap instead of a "clicky" for the fenix. Just a quick flash of light while navigating is better than clicking something on then off if investigating a bump in the night IMO.

You do know the G2 has had a lock out tail cap for years now right?

No I didn't. What's the part number? You can't use a 6P tailcap on the G2 if that is what you are thinking.

Or are you saying that the G2 comes with a lockout tailcap now? What's the price difference of having to buy an add on tailcap to a G2 compared to the 6P?

Unless your LED electronics are embedded in epoxy like Malkoff does, they are going to be your weak point. LEDs last for ever, the soldering on most units allows them to pop off the board under recoil though.

A handheld flashlight is not required to undergo the same riggers as one mounted on a carbine, judging the potential reliability of such based on handheld experience is not a good idea.

No I didn't. What's the part number? You can't use a 6P tailcap on the G2 if that is what you are thinking.

Or are you saying that the G2 comes with a lockout tailcap now? What's the price difference of having to buy an add on tailcap to a G2 compared to the 6P?

I dont know if they sell them as a part. It comes "stock" on the G2.

All of the G2's I have ever bought came with the lock out tail cap with the exception of my first. I can not tell you when I got the first but I am thinking it was '04 or maybe '05. I think it was less then a year when they started coming with lock out tail caps and I seems like I buy at least 2 a year for gifts and have few of my own.

I have paid under $30 for each of mine from the link I posted above. I have gotten great deals on my Milinium lights from him too.

Again 1" scope rings make great mounts.

G2 with 120 lumen bulb in a 1" scope ring on my OA 9mm AR with SRT silencer. Thousands of rounds down range and still works great,

DSC_0010.jpg

G2 in 1" scope ring on Tromix 12ga. I have not shot this much but it has had no problems,

DSC06114.jpg

M961xxx Turbo head on Mk14 Mod0 clone (semi auto) several hundred rounds and no problems,

DSC05939.jpg

M961xxx Turbo head on .300 Whisper (has been shot on a few other guns too) no problems,

DSC_0004-2.jpg

I carry a M3 on my duty belt and has seen a lot of use too. Again all good.

But even as a huge Surefire fan I am very impressed with my Streamlight polytac HP for the price and the light output. I hardly use my M3 anymore due to the 18min/3 battery run time and the = light output to my HP that runs for 2hrs with 2 batteries.

I like a Surefire G2 with a Malkoff drop-in in a Gear Sector mount. :s0155:

<broken link removed>

Love my GS products. I'm actually a Master Distributor, too so let anyone just let me know if you need light mounts or any other parts as they are only a couple days out at most.

To those considering a G2:

Not all drop-in LEDs require the use of an aluminum bezel. The Wolf Eyes, which I have several of, do not require a change of anything except the bulb unit and spring. There are many others that drop right in, too. http://www.candlepowerforums.com is a great resource for those who have not visited the site.

I will warn you, though. Lights get addictive, just like guns, knives, ammo, gear, etc. :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews