JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One of my older sisters came up this week. She was never absolutely against guns. She has bought me birthday ammo and let me take her son shooting in the past, but definitely not her thing. This time through, she said, you're taking me shooting, right?

We had a busy travel schedule. After picking her up at PDX and lunch, it was getting a little late. She was still enthusiastic. On the way to Salmonberry Rd it even started to drizzle. Remember, she's from California.

We got there about 4:30pm and I had the most basic set up. Two Costco boxes with targets on the ground with a big rock to hold them down @ 50 yards for rifles and my beat up target stand for pistols.

I brought 3 ARs. My wife's Frankinbuild lightweight with a red dot. My 14.5 with a 3x Nikon and my 18" with a 6-18× scope.

Shooting off a table, her first shot was about 3" high and left. She was surprisingly excited. No shaking, trembling or negative comments. All which I've experienced from first time shooters, men and women from the past. With a slight scope adjustment the next shots were within 4-5" spread with 2 bullseye and a few rounds touching. The next rifle She had a problem with the eye box but the target had amazing groups for a new shooter with 20 rounds experience.

When she moved to the pistols, an XD9 compact and a Walther ~7 yds, she did amazingly well. Hit paper every time with a few bullseye again. She was super happy. I was completely happy, proud of her reactions and amazed at her composure from past experience with others.

I'm not sharing pictures mostly because of her job position but for the rest of her trip through the PNW was great. Over the next few days she asked a lot about firearms. My other sister has since called about it due to her reactions.

I'll just end with, never give up. Stay positive and some people least likely can still come around. We benefit from people like her to spread the word to people we can't reach. Now she can say, no that's not true, and it might be accepted.

One of my older sisters came up this week. She was never absolutely against guns. She has bought me birthday ammo and let me take her son shooting in the past, but definitely not her thing. This time through, she said, you're taking me shooting, right?

We had a busy travel schedule. After picking her up at PDX and lunch, it was getting a little late. She was still enthusiastic. On the way to Salmonberry Rd it even started to drizzle. Remember, she's from California.

We got there about 4:30pm and I had the most basic set up. Two Costco boxes with targets on the ground with a big rock to hold them down @ 50 yards for rifles and my beat up target stand for pistols.

I brought 3 ARs. My wife's Frankinbuild lightweight with a red dot. My 14.5 with a 3x Nikon and my 18" with a 6-18× scope.

Shooting off a table, her first shot was about 3" high and left. She was surprisingly excited. No shaking, trembling or negative comments. All which I've experienced from first time shooters, men and women from the past. With a slight scope adjustment the next shots were within 4-5" spread with 2 bullseye and a few rounds touching. The next rifle She had a problem with the eye box but the target had amazing groups for a new shooter with 20 rounds experience.

When she moved to the pistols, an XD9 compact and a Walther ~7 yds, she did amazingly well. Hit paper every time with a few bullseye again. She was super happy. I was completely happy, proud of her reactions and amazed at her composure from past experience with others.

I'm not sharing pictures mostly because of her job position but for the rest of her trip through the PNW was great. Over the next few days she asked a lot about firearms. My other sister has since called about it due to her reactions.

I'll just end with, never give up. Stay positive and some people least likely can still come around. We benefit from people like her to spread the word to people we can't reach. Now she can say, no that's not true, and it might be accepted.
Yeabut Californians can only have a rolling pin.

Yeabut Californians can only have a rolling pin.
I don't think they have a big rolling pin problem. Maybe a semi-auto rolling pin. No rolling pin holster. Just stuffed inside the belt.

Part of my family is in California central valley and the other are across greater LA area. One of the sisters drove her son past the old house and said it was a fortress. 6ft rod iron fence around it.

Good on ya mate for sticking with it. This is how our side makes advances. You made scary ARs not scary and actually fun and showed that what the other side calls evil guns are just pretty normal. Thank you for doing this!

One thing the left has been doing for a good while to shoot themselves in the foot is this promoting crime. They are letting a LOT of their voters find out the hard way just what they have been asking for, to be victims. Some of those victims decide maybe owning a gun was not such a bad idea after all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top