JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've tried to like savages. Nope. Not my bag man. Remington's are okay, but are boring. But an accurized Mauser? That's fun. Especially since I don't have to pay for the work...

I think I'm going to sell one of my Savage 99 projects. I wanted one, so I got one. A few weeks later, I had three...
My friend has owned one in 308 for 4 decades, put down a number of elk and it will plant a black bear in it's tracks if needed. It is still the preferred saddle rifle in bear country and the trigger can be reworked

Last Edited:
My new Savage 10 fcp is about as good as I could ever want! Out of the box, it runs circles round most! But, I love the old mausers. I got a .270 sporter when I was in highschool that shoots one raged hole at 100 meters using factory loads! Hard to find a custom hunting rifle that can match that! It's beautiful to look at, heavy as hell, and is the most accurate hunting rifle I own. Took a big damn muley at more then 400 yards up hill in a 25 to 35 gusting quarting wind, One shot!

My friend has owned one in 308 for 4 decades, put down a number of elk and it will plant a black bear in it's tracks if needed. It is still the preferred saddle rifle in bear country and the trigger can be improved

Well, the one I'm going to off isn't in .308, but if you need a project to play with, just you let me know!

My Savage 270 hunting weight rifle shoots the same out to 550 yards and it cost $400 new. Yes there is no comparing the old Mausers to the new junk, milled steel to tubular receivers/cast parts but to me it's the ragged hole that counts:cool:

I'm sure not all of these remain C&R eligible with the modifications, but this thread seems to have the most people who will appreciate them.

From left to right:
1903 Springfield, G&H scope mount, .30-06AI.

1903 Rock Island, marbles rear sight, Lyman front, sedgley (maybe?) stock, .30-06

03a3 Remington. Utility gun. Standard rear sight, NECG banded front with sourdough blade, b&c stock. Bore is toasted, destined for the parts heap. .30-06

1903 Mark I Springfield target rifle. Redfield rear sight, Lyman front. Stock in progress.

03a3 Remington barreled action. Probably destined to be an 03a3 version of the 1921 Ames carbine, just because. .30-06

03a3 Remington. As close to as issued as anything I own, only issue is a bolt relief cut on the stock. .30-06

1903 Springfield barreled action. In the process of being turned into a reproduction of the 1921 Ames carbine, because I can. .30-06

1903 Springfield sporter. I bought this to scavenge for parts, but my ten-month old fell in love with it, so I have it to him and am redoing it accordingly.

Just thought you all would enjoy a family photo, even though some of these have been seen before!

Enjoy, and I may have some Mauser family photos up later, but it takes a while as there's more of them.

image.jpeg

I just scrubbed the bore on the synthetic stock with an oversized brush and it cleaned up decent. Looks like I need to find a new stock for it and be more careful when I shoot surplus out of it...

And looks like the start of an 03a4 forgery will join the corral this weekend. So many projects, but I love my Springfields and Mausers! Maybe time to clean up and concentrate. But that would require selling. I'm just not convinced of that...

No, not yet. But I've seen them. Honestly, I'm so deep in Mausers right now, it's harder to justify buying a Dumoline action. Over got Germans, Czechs, Chileans, Swedes, Turks, Belgians, etc. About half are naked actions. Several are barreled with no stocks, a few are awaiting restoration. One is even a Rhineland arms conversion in .45acp.

I suppose I should buy one of the Dumoline before they disappear or go up substantially in price....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top