JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
we should have a mauser day at the next tillamook forest clean up.
Damn Bolus, I don't think I have enough.:)

IMG_20160713_155105_zpsjcheoayu.jpg

Paul Mauser sure did a fantastic job designing and building them, especially when you consider they were getting bombed pretty often! Add to the fact the amount of machining that had to go into the construction! Pretty amazing when you look at the design and it's history! I sure do love mine a lot!

Speaking of bayonets,
We had a Platoon in Basic that used to yell "Cold Steel , Cold Steel!"
Every time they were called to attention.
Boy did I have to do a zillion push ups when I called out "Oatmeal , Oatmeal!" at them LOL
Andy

Paul Mauser sure did a fantastic job designing and building them, especially when you consider they were getting bombed pretty often! Add to the fact the amount of machining that had to go into the construction! Pretty amazing when you look at the design and it's history! I sure do love mine a lot!
Oh no doubt. I love comparing the design progression of the bolts alone. It is technical history right in my hands.

Of course I have the bayonets. What's the sense of collecting Mausers without the bayonets. :D

Excellent. I cant find anyone online who sells a bayonet practice dummy (Im disappointed, America :confused:) so I'll stop by Joann Fabrics and get some burlap and make my own. I need to try out my tactical wizard staff / spear anyway.

Well, if you like Mausers, here's part of my collection.

Well, let's see here. The first photo is the ones that have barrels (at least at the moment). From left to right, is a German 98, a commercial FN, a 98k (1942 marked, waiting to be restored), a Mauser banner marked .22 (not sure the model), a VZ24 (banner crest) with a Rhineland Arms .45acp conversion, a German marked k98 (Brno factory code) sporter, a scrubbed Turk with a 6.5 swede barrel, and custom Swede mannlicher. Not pictured is another scrubbed Turk with a .257 Bob AI barrel that is in a friends shop.

The second photo are some of my actions. In the back row, on the left is a lion crest VZ24 and a Chilean DWM 95. Next row, a 93 Mauser, and a Swedish Mauser. Front row is a cleaned VZ24 and another swede. There is another 95 Loewe Chilean action being welded up at a friends tig shop. And hopefully another VZ24 will join the flock soon.

Like I said with the Springfields, I have a soft spot for sporters and other unwanted orphans. Very little can't be fixed with a tig welder and some TLC...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here is my 1931 lever gun! It belonged to a long time very good friend. I ended up with it after he passed. The very next deer season, I scored a very nice 5x6 whitetail. I very rarely shoot it out of respect for my friend.

IMG_2661_zpsdaivr7gn.jpg IMG_2662_zpstyyaqyn5.jpg IMG_2663_zpsd5q8lc29.jpg

Last Edited:
Not an entire rifle, but the start of something awesome! Original keystone 03a4 stock. Have an 03a3 action to use and an original redfield scope base. Even have a nice appropriate weaver scope. Just need a barrel, a bolt, and a few small parts and I'll have a fun toy for vintage sniper matches.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ishapore 762mm 2A R.F.I. 1964
Stamping says INDIA N.I.LLC W.Hurley NY
It's in amazing condition except for a buggered screw on the trigger guard and some temporary screws on the butt plate. Honestly, this thing has been sitting in my closet for well over 10 years now. Maybe I'll take it out and shoot it now. :)

IMG_0854.JPG IMG_0855.JPG IMG_0856.JPG IMG_0857.JPG IMG_0858.JPG IMG_0859.JPG IMG_0860.JPG IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0867.JPG IMG_0868.JPG IMG_0871.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top