JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
West Central, just across the lake from Fort Ticonderoga pretty much.

Thanks,,that Ross is a nice one and about best one I'd seen. Not that I've really seen all that many actually. The sporting rifles seem to be rather few and far between nowadays in decent shape or at all for that matter? Not all that many were made , 13- 14K something I think? I can only remember seeing 3-4 others before, ever, and I'm 66 and Pa had a shop, so I've seen tons and tons of guns in my days. They are a bit unusual to find it seems.

Man is the workmanship on them is wicked nice though, everything fits like a glove and there steel & wood finishing is incredible on those. That's why I'm torn weather to sell it of not, I'll probably never see another, but it's a shame to just let it sit like it does.
Around here almost all the ranges are gone now and there's hardly any place to even shoot anymore. Sadly I've let several really nice target guns go down the road, but if you don't have a place to shoot them, to me it's seems almost foolish to keep them this being the case.

Sadly tons of "flatlanders" are moving in from Mass and NY now and buying up any open land available, so hunting and shoot places are taking a real beating around here.

Here are a few of my old gals.

1.jpg

DSC06339.jpeg
Well I've posted this picture before , but she is such a pretty rifle, I had to post again.
My Remington 03A3. 8-44 dated and "reworked" at Ogden after the war.
When I got her , she was filled with cosmoline and I think unfired as I had to punch a hole to fit a retaining pin in the front sight.
At 100 yards I can get 1 inch groups with 165 grain ammo.
My Grandfather carried one of these during the War as a Airborne Grenadier in the 11th Airborne. Kinda neat having the same type of rifle he did.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews