JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Ross M.1905 military rifle. Straight pull bolt action, chambered in .303 British. Stock markings show prior issue to two Canadian regiments, before being purchased by the US Government c.1917 for training & use by rear echelon, freeing up the issue of 1906 Springfields to frontline troops.

Ross FL.JPG Ross Action Close-up RHS.jpg Ross Receiver Close-up.jpg Ross Grip US Markings.jpg

Webley Mk.V 6 inch barrel in .455 Mk.II calibre. This is a commercially produced Webley, as opposed to a War Department issue, purchased new in August of 1915 by Major A.M. Addison, Royal Artillery. This one is a little unusual as, due to war time demands, Webley built a batch of Mk.V revolvers using new-old-stock Mk.I frames.

12 shots @ 25yds Rested with Fiocchi ammo.JPG

Another favorite of mine, a Rook & Rabbit Rifle chambered for the .297/.250 Rook cartridge. This one retailed by the Army & Navy Co-op Ltd, & later imported to the USA by Griffin & Howe in NY. Primarily intended for shooting small game, traditionaly young flightless Rooks from the branches of trees, & whatever else presented itself while traipsing around the Estate, eh wot?!! I take mine over to Montana on my yearly ground squirrel safari, so mine is now a Rook, Rabbit, & Rodent Rifle! My load is a 58gn Lead Flat Nose bullet over 2.2gns of Bullseye in cases formed from .22 Hornet brass.

Full Length.jpg Close-up.jpg ANCSL Address (2).jpg GH Stamp (2).jpg

An Antique rather than a C&R, but this is my commercial version of the Enfield Pattern 1861 .577 calibre Short Rifle. This one was made by John Dickson & Son, Edinburgh, Scotland. The Short Rifle had a 33 inch barrel with 5-groove 1:48 inch rifling (as opposed to the 39" 3-groove 1:78" of the Infantry Rifle). I shoot mine in an annual postal match using a facsimile of the original British military's Pritchett cartridge, the match consists of twenty rounds fired off-hand at 100yds on the same target as used at the Hythe School of Musketry in the 1850/60s.

Full Length with Pritchett cartridges.jpg Close-up.jpg 2-Band Pritchett.jpg

Another favorite of mine, a Rook & Rabbit Rifle chambered for the .297/.250 Rook cartridge. This one retailed by the Army & Navy Co-op Ltd, & later imported to the USA by Griffin & Howe in NY. Primarily intended for shooting small game, traditionaly young flightless Rooks from the branches of trees, & whatever else presented itself while traipsing around the Estate, eh wot?!! I take mine over to Montana on my yearly ground squirrel safari, so mine is now a Rook, Rabbit, & Rodent Rifle! My load is a 58gn Lead Flat Nose bullet over 2.2gns of Bullseye in cases formed from .22 Hornet brass.

View attachment 1485913 View attachment 1485917 View attachment 1485918 View attachment 1485919
Uhh, I think I ought to tell you, that ain't a rook OR a rabbit....
And there ain't much meat there at all!
:rolleyes:

Great uncles Model 12 Super-X Winchester, circa 1954. Handed down to my father then to me.
Was rusty and looked like it needed tossed in a dumpster. Had it cleaned and re-blued in Estacada :D.

Finally took it out yesterday and it runs pretty well.

IMG_20230916_143559874.jpg

Great uncles Model 12 Super-X Winchester, circa 1954. Handed down to my father then to me.
Was rusty and looked like it needed tossed in a dumpster. Had it cleaned and re-blued in Estacada :D.

Finally took it out yesterday and it runs pretty well.

View attachment 1488753
I can relate! I am now the official caretaker of the Grand Sobo's Model 12. The S/N puts it manufacture in 1953...
Still runs fabulous and action is like warm butter, but it could use a re-blueing...

Winchester12.01.JPG

Hello, i just joined today and was told this would be a good place to post this. I've been a Civil War junkie since 5th grade, and over the course of the last couple of years, I was able to rebuild an entire setup for this Civil War battle-worn Manhattan Navy revolver. Some parts are original, some are new remanufactured. Includes an original .36 bullet mold, powder flask from a .28 caliber Colt revolver, several battlefield-dug .36 bullets, and I also tossed in several coat buttons from artillery, infantry, and even musician's uniforms. The soldier's name (Mat Coulter) is carved in the handle and has been traced to Matthew Coulter of the 30th Illinois Infantry Regiment, Company E. Born 12/22/1848. Enlisted 2/8/1864 @ 15 years old. Mustered in 4/9/1864 @ Camp Butler, IL, mustered out 7/17/1865 @ Louisville, KY, 16 years old. Became a lawyer after the war and died 7/7/1890 @ 41 years old. As an Infantry private, he would have been responsible for purchasing his own sidearm.

1000005791.jpg 1000005792.jpg 1000005795.jpg 1000005796.jpg 1000005797.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top