JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With all of the Californians that have moved to Idaho already, have they changed they way they vote or are they voting the same way that helped destroy California?

With all of the Californians that have moved to Idaho already, have they changed they way they vote or are they voting the same way that helped destroy California?
From what I have noticed, most people moving to Idaho have to weather the cold winters and heavy conservative communities. So they either join the community or end up leaving anyways. I was SW WA and am now SE Idaho. I recommend it if you join the community.

I suppose that there are millions of standard cap. mags in the State of Washington alone; that would be 'grandfathered' by this bill.

All that this is going to do is drive up the black-market price of mags; create new criminals, and a new market for criminals. Didn't we learn anything from the days of (alcohol)prohibition?

This is what happens when people that believe that they are smarter than everyone else, and therefore know what's best for everyone else; get put into positions of power.

As they state: "The road to hell is laid with the best intentions".

I empathize with you my WA brethren. Down in Oregon, we've been fairly successful in previous 20th century decades at pushing the migrating Californians(and their so-called progressive anti-gun politics) further North, but we are now losing the battle here too.

Whatever happens in Cali, eventually finds its way to WA. and eventually trickles down to OR.

It's coming here soon as well.

We need a wall at the Southern Border... I'm talking about the 101, the 199, the 5, the 97, the 139 and the 395.

Thanks for the response. Yeah I know for now nothing is decided but I was reading the linked amendment in the posts on the first page and it seems like they did away with all that storing unloaded and only for use at licensed ranges or whatever they said
Right now the bill is being tossed back and forth. This is the way the game is played. All that will really matter is what ends up on jays desk. When that happens then we will be able to see exactly what was done to us. Soon enough we will have yet another law here. Maybe this one will be enough to finally make a change.

Down in Oregon, we've been fairly successful in previous 20th century decades at pushing the migrating Californians
Appreciate the sentiment, my brother. But I came here as a reinforcement, after spending 30+ years fighting things like SB23 and the like. NRA Benefactor, OFF, TNL. Hope to help in whatever way I can. Sometimes you can't generalize.

FPC one click:

Also, emails for House Democrats below. I like to remind them that:

1.) there has been a massive increase in urban crime in primarily Democrat districts
2.) their support for this bill will widely be viewed as infringing upon self defense rights
3.) gun control is polling at multi-decade lows
4.) inflation is at 40 year highs
5.) this year is an election year

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

How about if we quit giving in to the political garbage and just stand up and say NO to keep our rights. There...where's that EASY button...and save everyone a lot of money, instead of sending it to political candidates.

Our taxes that go to the state of Washington pay to have this done to us...stop the cash flow to Olympia.

This is no longer a court battle, as they are corrupt. Look at the SCOTUS. The Dems say...if we get our people in there, we can get things to go our way. The Reps say the same thing....and local courts are no different...it all depends on who's sitting on the bench.

As I said in the other thread...

What's that saying about insanity?
We pay for the court building, the grounds maintenance people, the clerks, and the judge. Then we pay for the person to argue against us, and we pay for the person to argue for us...absolute insanity.

To keep giving money to political candidates and even 2A groups is a lost cause...look how much 2A ground we have lost, but we're still using the same broken system.

The video posted above says it all...they keep pushing, we keep agreeing...and we're back 3 miles before we know it.

I've said the same myself back when California banned 10+ magazines.
Like I've said in more than a few posts on this subject, this kind of law is unenforceable. The only time magazines were an issue in an arrest was when some idiot felon was in possession of a firearm and also had "high capacity" magazines.
There was some unfortunate soul in a North Bay County who got busted 2 times for having an M1A (with a muzzle brake, not a flash-hider) Each time they LEO dept had to give it back with his magazines. After the second bust, the judge ordered the chief LEO to have all deputies fully instructed in what was and wasn't an "Assault weapon" plus I think the bustee got some money out of it as well.
There were no raids of non felon gun owners based on magazine ownership. There were supposedly CADOJ spies at the Big Reno gun show watching for big sales of magazines which they would follow the buyer out and if his car had California plates, they would bust them at the border Ag check station in Truckee. But as much as they talked about the DOJ spies there never seemed to be any prosecutions. Cabelas opened a shop west of Reno on I-80 back in 2007. Guess what their biggest sellers were. The garbage cans in front of that store were always full of magazine packaging. That precaution was probably unnecessary because the Ag guy at the check station couldn't ask about anything other than fruits and vegetables.
Washington doesn't even have Ag check stations so who is going to check vehicles coming in from Idaho or Oregon?
The law, if passed is a joke
But that doesn't stop our need to oust the libfarts who pass these bills. So donate to strong, pro-2A candidates when we find them and fund the lawsuits opposing these bills so we can get the bills overturned with prejudice. We have a SCOTUS that is either 5-4 or 6-3 pro 2A. There are enough pro 2-A judges there now that they can override Roberts if he wants to pass on a 2A case and Clarence Thomas is chomping at the bit to take one on. This isn't the time to quit the fight.
If you, or anyone else has a better plan to beat these infringements, I'm all ears.

I gave you a plan, apparently it's unacceptable.

I guess we just keep feeding politicians money. They get richer, and we the people beg for scraps and continually ask for permission or do the mother may I thing...and all along we keep getting pushed back.

Sure, we moan, complain and gnash our teeth to no avail as we watch the 2A continually get pummeled. Then we shrug our shoulders, go back to what we were doing and go on with life.

We keep doing the insanity thing...keep throwing money at the problem, including politicians expecting a different outcome.

Last Edited:
I gave you a plan, apparently it's unacceptable.

I guess we just keep feeding politicians money. They get richer, and we the people beg for scraps and continually ask for permission or do the mother may I thing...and all along we keep getting pushed back.

Sure, we moan, complain and gnash our teeth to no avail as we watch the 2A continually get pummeled. Then we shrug our shoulders, go back to what we were doing and go on with life.

We keep doing the insanity thing...keep throwing money at the problem, including politicians expecting a different outcome.
Its unacceptable because its meaningless. You refuse to comply? Me too. And coming from the PRK, I have decades of experience in non-compliance with idiotic and unconstitutional gun laws. So what? They keep coming up with more. It never stops. I just have the hope that with this SCOTUS, we have our best chance to roll back some of the crap. Public polls (FWTW) show a decline in public support for more gun control. Regarding the politicians, I get a kick out of the idea of throwing a democrat out of office. I know the system is rigged, but there are also good people in the system as well. I have the hope that more will rise to the task.
Be that as it may, I would love to see an initiative passed in which, when a law is sued and found to be unconstitutional, all of the court costs come out of the pockets of the bill's sponsors and all who voted for it and signed it. That would also include the plaintiff's fees and compensation for their time at the pay rate of the governor. Oh what change that law would bring.
Meanwhile, I'll keep tilting at the windmill.
Good luck to us all in these trying times.

If we wake up tomorrow to find that suddenly this bill is law (which will obviously not happen tomorrow, it will take a month or more to get the idiot in chief to sign the bill into law), how will this affect the average gun owner who currently owns normal-capacity mags? Will someone be going door to door to confirm your mags are of an acceptable limit? Hell no.

There isn't a single LE agency in the municipal, county, state, or federal government that has the manpower (or political will) to do anything about it. Could you be hit with charges if you have that "greater than authorized capacity" magazine in your possession when you use deadly force against a threat? Maybe. Sounds like that might not be a problem with the grandfather clause, but TBD. Could it become an issue if you're stopped by a LEO for whatever reason and have them in your possession? Maybe. Again, it depends on the grandfather clause. But that's if the world is operating normally.

If the world is on fire, nobody is going to be looking at your mag capacity. Nobody will give a damn because when everything melts down, it's everyone for themselves. Laws become secondary when everyone is trying to ensure their own safety.

In short, have your regular capacity mags stored in case of SHTF, and limited capacity mags ready in case you have to show compliance with new laws.

Offering a different viewpoint in the matter - if you adopt the philosophy of the brave Americans who forged this country - you can carry/do anything regardless of what the (crown) law says.

If we wake up tomorrow to find that suddenly this bill is law (which will obviously not happen tomorrow, it will take a month or more to get the idiot in chief to sign the bill into law), how will this affect the average gun owner who currently owns normal-capacity mags? Will someone be going door to door to confirm your mags are of an acceptable limit? Hell no.

There isn't a single LE agency in the municipal, county, state, or federal government that has the manpower (or political will) to do anything about it. Could you be hit with charges if you have that "greater than authorized capacity" magazine in your possession when you use deadly force against a threat? Maybe. Sounds like that might not be a problem with the grandfather clause, but TBD. Could it become an issue if you're stopped by a LEO for whatever reason and have them in your possession? Maybe. Again, it depends on the grandfather clause. But that's if the world is operating normally.

If the world is on fire, nobody is going to be looking at your mag capacity. Nobody will give a damn because when everything melts down, it's everyone for themselves. Laws become secondary when everyone is trying to ensure their own safety.

In short, have your regular capacity mags stored in case of SHTF, and limited capacity mags ready in case you have to show compliance with new laws.
How about, no. There isn't a single reason for me to ever limit my ability to defend my self and/or my family. Carrying a reduced capacity firearm because some pencil neck desk jockey signed a piece of paper - again, how about, no.

How about NO ! I WILL NOT refrain from doing anything I see fit to do to protect my family ! and NO politician is going to stop me ! :mad:
It's past time to oust these morons that want to control our personal lives !!!!

My comment was not intended to imply support for this abomination of a bill, so if that's the impression you got from my statement, my bad. I've heard some back and forth from people fearing confiscation and such - in person as well as on the internet. My comment was intended to address some of those concerns, but I probably could have phrased it better. My only point was that nobody is going house to house and seizing mags or anything - have your stockpile and don't worry about it. If I have to strap on a chest rig full of AR mags for anything other than range time, I would have bigger problems to worry about than non-compliant mags, and everyone else would be in the same boat.

From what I have noticed, most people moving to Idaho have to weather the cold winters and heavy conservative communities. So they either join the community or end up leaving anyways. I was SW WA and am now SE Idaho. I recommend it if you join the community.
I was looking into switching my books to local 55 to move to your new area. The wage is 1/2, and housing seems to be about the same as it is where I am now. I don't know how anybody could afford it

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top