JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How convenient...forget to take one of your evil 'high capacity' mags (ie. the same 'standard' one in the case when you bought the gun), out of the case/range bag and lock it up separately on the way home from a match, presto...felon:eek:...no more guns, no more problems. Yep, totally fair...we're just idiots if we don't see how reasonable and common sense that is:rolleyes:

They've taken the gloves off, and if folks in this state are lucky, in a few years, they'll still be able to own bolt gun or a double barrel shot gun...with training and annual or more frequent BGC...

Of course we know this about control by removing any real capability of the people...

But in thinking of it more, they need a 'win.' They've 'lost' on other huge issues...inability to stop the huge opioid crisis (if you want to declare an actual emergency,:rolleyes: there is one), widespread homelessness, housing shortage, crime, drugs, traffic congestion, just to name a few. People look at those things and ask 'What are you doing? Why aren't you stopping/fixing these problems? Especially with all the $$ they've spent' But they don't want to (won't) admit they've failed. And they don't like being ignored (which criminals do).

So what's the solution? How do they get an almost guaranteed win? Go after one of the most law abiding segments of society which commits very little actual violent crime, smear them, vilify them, and then enact new laws, which by their very law-abiding nature, most will comply with under threat of arrest, and viola, they got a whole bunch of people who did nothing wrong to follow MORE suffocating laws. Good, decent folks with much to loose, personally and professionally, painted into a corner under threat of arrest. Compliance! Mission accomplished! See how good we are!! We did it, because guns are evil.

Problem is, its compliance from the wrong group of folks.

And no amount of discussing how little changed from 1994-2004 or any other logical argument is going to sway or deter them. Extremists, some in powerful positions, hate guns, they don't give d@mn about the 2A or what a Constitutional Republic is. And they're exploiting the tried & true divide & conquer tactics among gun owners. And they're gleefully (literally, with big smiles on their faces), celebrating ratcheting down on law abiding citizens who've never done anything wrong.

As vocal and active as the few dozen people here in this area are, we're a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent. We'd be better to have them try for an all-out firearms ban...that would make the news and maybe those asleep at the wheel might (and I mean MIGHT) actually pay attention and participate.

But they're ramrodding this though early, with little opportunity to respond, and with little media coverage. Any folks with experience with writing the paper, might start trying to raise some awareness.

Don't give up the fight yet...but options are getting very, very limited, very very soon and the consequences of failure are not good, to put it mildly.

BOSS

Last Edited:
Now imagine if half of Knute's votes and half of Kate's votes all voted for a 3rd party...
Not sure if that'd make any difference. At least two of the 3rd party candidates are just liberals under a different name anyways.
60da2f12f3d9808dfa0376f4afa8bc69.png

Not sure if that'd make any difference. At least two of the 3rd party candidates are just liberals under a different name anyways.
View attachment 539652
There's no reason we can't get a freedom-loving 3rd party candidate that platforms for gun rights, gay marraige, reducing government spending, ending the war on drugs, deporting illegal immigrants, and protecting the environment.

If you could get someone that could appeal to enough people on both sides, it could be revolutionary!

Unfortunately, many party line voters would likely still oppose it, just out of blind loyalty for their chosen party affiliation. :(

How about Alaska, where a Tea Party candidate named Joe Miller won the Republican primary, but was topedoed by Republican party members who instead backed Lisa Murkowski in a write-in campaign?

It's kind of hard to win when your own party votes against you after you had already won the primary.

Additionally, as I said before, if people weren't too afraid to vote for who they really want, I believe the 3rd parties would actually have a fighting chance.

Instead, people are constantly told to vote for the guy that's not as good, simply because the other candidate is worse.

Here's an analogy for you:

A group of people are hungry, and are told they can choose between eating swamp muck or eating a dog turd. Most of the people think the swamp muck would be the better choice of the two, and they prepare to vote.

Meanwhile, a member of the group is frantically looking for other options, as neither one is appealing to him. Looking around, he spots an apple tree, and tries to suggest they vote for that instead.

He is immediately shouted down by the majority, who tell him that's not one of the choices they were given. Besides, what if only a few people voted for the apple tree, and that kept the swamp muck from winning the vote? That means they would have to eat a dog turd! :s0170:

Convinced of their logic, the majority continues to vote for the swamp muck, because at least it's better than a dog turd, and they can't afford to risk letting the dog turd win.

After all, a vote for the apple tree is a vote for the dog turd, because it will take away votes from the swamp muck. :s0125:

That, my friends, is what I think of our current political system.
:s0146:

I agree with many of your posts and the political system is sickening. Each election unfortunately comes down to the lesser of two evils. That is why Trump was elected.

The demographic makeup and political leanings of Alaska is much different than the PNW. Third parties can win elections but it takes a perfect storm of variables to happen.

A fair amount of those 3rd party votes, IICR, were for a 3rd party candidate who backed Kate Brown anyways. It would be me trying to be fair to say that Knute would have gotten half of those 3rd party votes if there was no 3rd party, but really probably not even. Seems more like Katie would have won anyways.

While the outcome still would have been the same my point was that a third party vote resulted in a vote towards someone who had no chance of being elected. This applied to both sides at it was a two party race.

It is unfortunate that the representatives have been chosen and law abiding citizens in both Oregon and Washington are facing loss of rights. We need to band together to oppose these House and Senate Bills.

While the outcome still would have been the same my point was that a third party vote resulted in a vote towards someone who had no chance of being elected. This applied to both sides at it was a two party race.

It is unfortunate that the representatives have been chosen and law abiding citizens in both Oregon and Washington are facing loss of rights. We need to band together to oppose these House and Senate Bills.
I mean, Knute didn't really have a chance after seeing the election results.

Seems like history is just going full cycle anyways. Prohibition on guns. Hey what's another prohibition era that just gives organized crime another chance of essentially running the country? Worked out great the first time. :rolleyes:

The demographic makeup and political leanings of Alaska is much different than the PNW. Third parties can win elections but it takes a perfect storm of variables to happen.
I am not familiar with the facts of that election in Alaska, but as I read it the Republican Ma$heen did not support the Republican primary winner. They chose Murkowski instead of supporting the peoples choice. Ya know, the one that won the primary election. Murkowski is now a Senator.
Remember how the Democratic Ma$heen impeded Sanders in favor of Clinton? Same deal. It's about friends and money, or in the proper order, money and influence.

With regard to Brown's win, it's obvious from the numbers given that third party votes would NOT have given Knute a chance to win. She had 50.1% of the vote, end of story. The only group that had a chance to get him in was eligible voters who did not vote.

While the outcome still would have been the same my point was that a third party vote resulted in a vote towards someone who had no chance of being elected.

It's all about getting your name, policies and support structure out there. You can lose an election and still accomplish that. Look at Beto in Texas. He likely will win an election, even though he lost the last time. The people that voted for him do not feel like votes were wasted. He will be back.

DISCLAIMER: Because my post contained the names of certain politicians in no way means I support them or their agendas.

For those (like me) that are playing catch up, this is a BIG FREAKING DEAL. SB5340 is REGISTRATION and appears to be the denial of transfer (including to family).:eek:

If passed, this will go into effect in ~11 months.

From page 9:
A person who legally possesses an assault weapon or large capacity magazine under this subsection (2)(a) may not sell or transfer the assault weapon to any other person in this state other than to a licensed dealer, to a federally licensed gun smith for the purpose of service or repair, or to a law enforcement agency for the purpose of permanently relinquishing the assault weapon or large capacity magazine;

From Page 11:
(2)(a) A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for, or completed an application to purchase an assault weapon before January 1, 2020, and who has :eek:registered:eek: the assault weapon with the Washington state patrol may:

And lest the Fudds and moderates think this isn't just evil AR's, its covering ~26 semi-auto rifles, including the M1A, including copy cats, as well as any semi-auto rifle, rimfire or centerfire under 30 inches.

Folks better start putting it in overdrive. Write, call, rally!!!

BOSS

Last Edited:
Agreed. Do something.

Here's the bill. This, plus 1639 effectively ends all semiautomatic rifle sales and transfers forever. Under 1639, you can't sell them out of state.

I thought Feds were responsible for interstate commerce regulation?? How does a state have authority?

Last Edited:
Apparently there is no choice but to whistle together while we get crucified:

A better course of action is to:
  1. Go to FPCAction.org - FPC Grassroots Army: Take Action!.
  2. In the dropdown menu for "Filter By Jurisdiction:" select your state.
  3. Click on the link, "Take Action" under each bill/issue.
  4. Enter your information in the fields and click "next".
  5. Personalize the email to the Legislature or at a minimum send the prefilled message.
  6. Submit the email and repeat for other bills/issues.
  7. Encourage others to also send messages.

A better course of action is to:
  1. Go to FPCAction.org - FPC Grassroots Army: Take Action!.
  2. In the dropdown menu for "Filter By Jurisdiction:" select your state.
  3. Click on the link, "Take Action" under each bill/issue.
  4. Enter your information in the fields and click "next".
  5. Personalize the email to the Legislature or at a minimum send the prefilled message.
  6. Submit the email and repeat for other bills/issues.
  7. Encourage others to also send messages.

Yeah but I already did that today.... And contacted my state reps, and asked my friends and family to do the same which I never do.

Always look on the bright side of life...

While voting for pro-gun folk, in the mean time, I'm not going to bow down like some brow beaten peasant and conform to anti-gun nonsense.

Other states have enacted 'ludicrous' gun laws and they're simply ignored, as they should be...

I remember my mom in the former state of California she walked went to the drug store and bought
a pistol, and some ammo, along with some other stuff. Was like buying a toothbrush no one cared.
I also recall having rifles strapped to my handle bars going shooting, no one care. No one looked.
I hate California for what it is, I loved what it was.

While voting for pro-gun folk, in the mean time, I'm not going to bow down like some brow beaten peasant and conform to anti-gun nonsense.

Other states have enacted 'ludicrous' gun laws and they're simply ignored, as they should be...

Ignored to what extent?

Unless you have plenty of private property to shoot on... It's not really feasible.

No range is knowingly going to let you use banned items there... Some might even turn you in.
Nosy neighbors, an ex wife, pissed off kids/relatives, disgruntled coworker/boss...

The potential risks are enormous.

However, if they never leave your house... I guess it would work.
But at that point, what good are they if you can't use them?
What happens if you use it against some home invasion? Cops got to come out at some point... What happens then?
Keep that 15rnd'r in your carry gun, what happens if you have to use it?
Probably get slapped with a murder charge around here, on top of the other charges.

Not sure what to do either.
But... I can tell you this much... You have no friends in public opinion, you have no friends at the DAs office and there isn't going to be a revolution or uprising over an AWB. You know it. I know it... And they know it.

The only place it leads is your stuff becoming a paperweight or you end up losing a showdown with the swat team... because the cops don't give a bubblegum about you, your guns or the Constitution.

Though there is a growing movement for disarming the cops.
They should see the writing on the wall.

But if this crap passes... My $ that used to go to NRA, GOA.....
Will be sent to
Disarmthepolice.com & aworldwothoutpolice.org

See how they like it.

S.S.

I enjoy your positivity...

I appreciate Civil Disobedience isn't for everyone.

Me, I like it.

Bowing down, knuckling under isn't for me and yes, if often comes with a price...so did this country.

S.S.

I enjoy your positivity...

I appreciate Civil Disobedience isn't for everyone.

Me, I like it.

Bowing down, knuckling under isn't for me and yes, if often comes with a price...so did this country.

I get that.

Just trying to be realistic.

What is your price?
Do you intend to go on business as usual, then whatever scenario plays out where you're found with newly banned items....
Youre just going to go out in a blaze of glory when they come to arrest you?

I'm really not being flippant, serious question.

So...

Keep them but never see the light of day with them?
Use them however you want, get arrested and do your time?
Use them however you want... Get caught and shoot it out the cops instead of getting arrested?

I guess this goes for everyone... What does non-compliance look like for you?

S.S.

Being a pessimist and doing what you're told and when you're told is for you.

I get it...
Yeah.

I know out of the two dozen states where this went down and the few more where it could...
They are all a bunch of boot licking pussies, except for you.

Just for me and the rest of us who don't know what we'll do until tested...

What do YOU plan to do when LE is at your door to take you into custody...

So, go be a political prisoner or draw.

Telling me I'm a chicken bubblegum isn't an answer

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews