JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow.

Another internet tough guy who has balls of steel to risk it all by defiantly facing down felony charges in the name of disobedience...

Yet cant answer a simple question stating his position... Accuses me of anger issues then puts me on his ignore list...

Sounds more like a liberal lefty than a conservative Constitutionalist willing to scrifice himself for the cause.

Maybe I am a chicken bubblegum. Who knows.

We all have to weigh our options against our responsibilities and personal obligations I guess.
If you want to pull a LaVoy Finicum, more power to ya...
If you decide that a 1911 and a Garand will do until you sort things out... Good too.

Save the blustering. It's all I ever see online. Yet for all the big talk Nationwide over the years, I've yet to hear about the guy who actually gave em up "bullets first"
But there's never a shortage of them on message boards.

Same ones who won't vote or show up at hearings or otherwise make noise for the cause

Gun owners voted in the people who are putting up these bills. Writing letters is nice but, unless gun owners stop voting these people in the people are not going to care.

The politicians with there names attached to this bill are just sponsoring it. The entire thing is spearheaded by the Washington State Attorney General Bob Furgeson.

The politicians with there names attached to this bill are just sponsoring it. The entire thing is spearheaded by the Washington State Attorney General Bob Furgeson.
This time but, it all comes down to votes. No new laws can come about except that the people who vote put people in office who do it. Judges are put in office by people we vote for, then they uphold laws like this. You see it on any forum where shooters talk. Shooters who openly support the people who are hosing them. Unless this changes we will have CA type gun laws. Gun owners get the laws they deserve for voting this stuff in on themselves.

I'm on it too... badge of honor!!

The same guy that is using his office to bully and violate the civil rights of Tim Eyman!!!!!

Yep, he feels effin cocky because he sued Trump and won on the immigration thing. He also just declared that the NRA insurance program is illegal in Washington.

Honestly it's too late until the next round of elections
Too late to start the process, as in beyond a legal deadline

or too late to do any good?

Id like to do it even if its not going to happen.... anything to put the pressure on.

I would rather keep on them with failed attempts than nothing at all... Same goes for ballot initiatives. Lets get some pro gun stuff on the ballot... even if we lose, we havent really lost anything.

have to be on the attack constantly, like the antis are, how many bills have been proposed in OR & WA that never made it out of committee? Doesnt stop them from trying.

David didn't stand a chance against Goliath... but he went for it anyway

Granted, David won and we probably won't

I'd rather they spent their money on defense instead of offense

There is an EXTREME BIAS against the NRA from certain folks in WA...you can see how giddy they were when 1639 passed...their smear/vilification campaign unfortunately has been successful...

You know, the 5-6 Million member law-abiding sportsman association that has 125,000 instructors teaching ~1,000,000 million people a year safety courses (they thing they keep saying they want:rolleyes:). And also coaches youth shooters and also has roughly 13,000 law enforcement instructors...

Yep, obviously right up there with MS13...:rolleyes:

Since when does turning one of the most law-abiding segments of society into criminals reduce crime?

Keep at it...spread the work, write, make your voices heard.

BOSS

As to the ballot initiative tactic, I hope you guys fare better.

When it was tried in 2016 in CA (VetoGunMageddon), it got about 1/3 of the necessary signatures across the entire state (roughly 100k per initiative of the required 365-some-odd and that's with numbers between 36-40 million people). I sat in a gun store for 8 weekends straight trying to get signatures in a liberal hotbed county. We could not amass even 10k on most of those initiatives in a county of something like 3 million. I would have a good number of Fudds walk in and tell me they didn't care about ARs and had no use for 'high-capacity' magazines ("I hit what I aim at! No pray-and-spray for me!" and "I got my 1911 with 7+1 - enough for me! Don't care about your plastic fantastics!" - type of logic). There were plenty of 'tacticool bros' and nerds with too much money that had nice rifles and scopes all at the ranges that wouldn't sign or donate anything from their inflated salaries to the cause. Some just didn't want to 'be on a list'.

A good many though that happened to walk into the gun store had *no* idea any of those bills were being proposed. As many of you have mentioned, people will just wake up one day and wonder why they are now felons and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, but it will be too late.

I encourage you to try. I don't advocate giving up. However, the gun grabbers (and many naysayers on our side as well) all suggest we're merely fear-mongering and that the threat is not as real as it seems. How to combat that sentiment even amongst supposed allies is difficult. Too many Fudds think (and then say to others) that you're just paranoid and are "hoping" for a Ruby Ridge/Waco scenario.

As to the ballot initiative tactic, I hope you guys fare better.

When it was tried in 2016 in CA (VetoGunMageddon), it got about 1/3 of the necessary signatures across the entire state (roughly 100k per initiative of the required 365-some-odd and that's with numbers between 36-40 million people). I sat in a gun store for 8 weekends straight trying to get signatures in a liberal hotbed county. We could not amass even 10k on most of those initiatives in a county of something like 3 million. I would have a good number of Fudds walk in and tell me they didn't care about ARs and had no use for 'high-capacity' magazines ("I hit what I aim at! No pray-and-spray for me!" and "I got my 1911 with 7+1 - enough for me! Don't care about your plastic fantastics!" - type of logic). There were plenty of 'tacticool bros' and nerds with too much money that had nice rifles and scopes all at the ranges that wouldn't sign or donate anything from their inflated salaries to the cause. Some just didn't want to 'be on a list'.

A good many though that happened to walk into the gun store had *no* idea any of those bills were being proposed. As many of you have mentioned, people will just wake up one day and wonder why they are now felons and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, but it will be too late.

I encourage you to try. I don't advocate giving up. However, the gun grabbers (and many naysayers on our side as well) all suggest we're merely fear-mongering and that the threat is not as real as it seems. How to combat that sentiment even amongst supposed allies is difficult. Too many Fudds think (and then say to others) that you're just paranoid and are "hoping" for a Ruby Ridge/Waco scenario.
:s0101::s0101::s0101::s0101::s0101:

First we take the word assault and military out of all the names we use with these rifles. When the repeating rifle came out they did not call it an assualt rifle or military rifle. It was the rifle that was design in that time period. We educate people on the evolution of the modern day rifle. Second we also educate people that these are here to help defend the country.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top