JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The time has come and gone for talking about getting voters engaged.
The time for holding politicians feet to the fire is over.

We have the elected officials we have, and they aren't going away anytime soon.

We will mirror California THIS bubblegumING YEAR if this stuff passes. Not someday, NOW.

THIS WILL BE LAW BEFORE THE NEXT ELECTION.

So blustering about politicians is pointless.

The only thing you have left is to show up at rallies, start rallies, go to the committee hearings, etc.

Because that is all.

We can hope the courts will see things our way... But we don't see the SCOTUS doing anything about assault weapon bans anywhere else... Why suddenly are they going to take on Washington state?

We're on our own here.

Conservative voter apathy, Republican party ambivalence, NRA complacency have come together over the last 10 years or so and this is the end result.

We are just another abbreviation on the 'not available in ...' list now.

Go fight it. But don't hold your breath.

We lost and mostly have ourselves to blame...

This x10000000000000000

Better stated, how is a vote for the 3rd party who had next to zero chance of winning the election not a vote for the opposition? I'm fed up with all this apathy from gun owners! Here in Washington state, first the lobbyists and special interests groups payed for 1594 to criminalize all private firearms transfers or transactions without an FFL and back ground checks on both sides. The perverbial "gun show loophole" effectively ending a past time that I loved and enjoyed. Then after being emboldened by overwhelming support from voters, they rammed 1639 through and even got a liberal rat Supreme Court to overturn the violation of our initiative ballot process do to fraudulent misrepresentation of the initiative to the public. We all have issues with the way things are being done and yet 100 people showed up for the latest gun rights rally in Olympia! I'm sure all the calls to senators and reps are falling on deaf ears because the public display of apathy in our gun rights community is deafening. So when is it that we unite and take a stand against this infringement of our constitutional rights? It's so much easier to complain and make future predictions than take action. I'm not exempt from this apathetic attitude, I know I have been way too tolerant in compromising my gun rights. The entire west coast will fall in line with California if we continue to make these disasterous mistakes.

Yes!

How do we start that process?

RCW 29A.56.110
Initiating proceedings—Statement—Contents—Verification—Definitions.

Whenever any legal voter of the state or of any political subdivision thereof, either individually or on behalf of an organization, desires to demand the recall and discharge of any elective public officer of the state or of such political subdivision, as the case may be, under the provisions of sections 33 and 34 of Article 1 of the Constitution, the voter shall prepare a typewritten charge, reciting that such officer, naming him or her and giving the title of the office, has committed an act or acts of malfeasance, or an act or acts of misfeasance while in office, or has violated the oath of office, or has been guilty of any two or more of the acts specified in the Constitution as grounds for recall. The charge shall state the act or acts complained of in concise language, give a detailed description including the approximate date, location, and nature of each act complained of, be signed by the person or persons making the charge, give their respective post office addresses, and be verified under oath that the person or persons believe the charge or charges to be true and have knowledge of the alleged facts upon which the stated grounds for recall are based.
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Misfeasance" or "malfeasance" in office means any wrongful conduct that affects, interrupts, or interferes with the performance of official duty;
(a) Additionally, "misfeasance" in office means the performance of a duty in an improper manner; and
(b) Additionally, "malfeasance" in office means the commission of an unlawful act;
(2) "Violation of the oath of office" means the neglect or knowing failure by an elective public officer to perform faithfully a duty imposed by law.
[ 2003 c 111 § 1407; 1984 c 170 § 1; 1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 47 § 1; 1965 c 9 § 29.82.010. Prior: 1913 c 146 § 1; RRS § 5350. Former part of section: 1913 c 146 § 2; RRS § 5351, now codified in RCW 29.82.015. Formerly RCW 29.82.010.]
NOTES:
Severability—1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 47: "If any provision of this amendatory act, or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of the act, or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected." [1975-'76 2nd ex.s. c 47 § 3.]

We already have California type gun laws.

Really? I don't own an AR but as of today I can still walk in and buy one. I do have several PCC's. 3 of them use Glock 9mm mags for which I have many G18 (happy sticks) that I love. Don't live in CA but last I heard these things are not to be had there. Along with the CPL I have in my wallet. Last I heard most of CA can't have those either. Now give gun owners a few more elections and we should catch up here in WA and OR.

Until they start facing a good old tar and feathering, they will keep passing stupid unconstitutional laws. Make politicians afraid again,,,

Politicians think this way: What do I have to do to get there? When there, what do I have to do to remain there? How do I continue to line my pockets, live on the public's taxes and protect myself? All else is "fluff".

Really? I don't own an AR but as of today I can still walk in and buy one. I do have several PCC's. 3 of them use Glock 9mm mags for which I have many G18 (happy sticks) that I love. Don't live in CA but last I heard these things are not to be had there. Along with the CPL I have in my wallet. Last I heard most of CA can't have those either. Now give gun owners a few more elections and we should catch up here in WA and OR.

Your PCC's are not "Assault Weapons" in California like they are here now in Washington. I would say that is worse. After July 1st 2019 toyr CPL will not mean chit. You will still have to wait 10 days. The only thing a CPL is good for anymore is actual carry.

At one time you could buy or even mail order the then current US service rifle right to your home...One was even encouraged to do so , without fear or worry of what someone thought of you...All with no background check or FFL Dealer.
I'm talking about the 1903 Springfield rifle...

In my reading of history , during the time that one could have mail ordered , directly to your home , a 1903 Springfield...
I haven't heard or read of crime sprees , higher murder rates , robberies , etc committed with these rifles or by the abuse of this way of owning a then current service rifle.
Please note that I am not saying that crime did not happen or that someone did not use one of these rifles to commit a crime...

I am saying that at one time a then current issued military rifle was easily available and there was no huge rise in crime with its use...
And that this availability of a actual issued rifle , posed no danger to the general public.

Even earlier , during the 18th and 19th centuries , one could be fined for showing up to Militia Muster with a firearm that was not up to Military Service , or even if you showed up , with a inadequate number of cartridges.

I find it sad that today , people feel that we can not be trusted with a semi auto only copy of a issue military rifle or many other types of semi auto rifles , any amount of ammo which "they" deem unnecessary along with magazine restrictions etc... When as I have said above , having a actual currently issued military rifle , well stocked with the ammo for it , was looked on with favor or even required.
Andy
The '03 could never be called an "assault" weapon.. It wasn't black, had an internal magazine, had no pistol grip, bump stock or any ugly look about it. The fact that it was designed to "assault" enemy forces doesn't make it fit the Bad Gun image of today. Image. That's what we've come down to...15 minutes of fame; lookin' good; Me, Me, Me. Rich, Important, Rich, Important.....................

Your PCC's are not "Assault Weapons" in California like they are here now in Washington. I would say that is worse. After July 1st 2019 toyr CPL will not mean chit. You will still have to wait 10 days. The only thing a CPL is good for anymore is actual carry.
I can live with that, that I can still carry. Last I heard CA most are SOL on that. Unless I heard wrong and they are a shall issue?
As for the delay to buy, again sad but gun owners by a large majority wanted this and voted for it. I don't like it, I tried to get gun owners to not vote for it, most thumbed their nose at us who tried to tell them, and voted it in. Many are proud of themselves when you tell them they voted for this. So I will now have to wait a couple weeks to buy a new gun. So far most gun owners are still quite happy with all this. Give them a few more elections and they will make it far worse. I don't like it but I am outnumbered so I have to live with it. <shrug>

Please back up your statements of how "most gun owners" voted for I-1639. The gun owners are not responsible for the bill passing. The Liberal voting base of Puget Sound passed this. The population in Puget Sound is in the millions and almost always out votes the rest of the entire state.

There were ~1.2+ Million NO votes for 1639, out of a state of ~7 Million. Guess those 1.2M voices/opinions are worthless and deserve to be crushed.

But I suspect there were more than a few 'I'm a gun owner and I support common sense gun laws' (translation, doesn't effect my Remmy 700 and 870). Combined with all the haters...there ya go.

That has got to be part of the message...those that voted for 1639 have laid the foundation of what we're facing now. When premption falls, their their city council outlaws any 'assault-style shotguns' and they're screwed, maybe that'll finally get their attention.

Hopefully alotta folks start realizing those bubbles in the pool aren't a the jacuzzi...

BOSS

Please back up your statements of how "most gun owners" voted for I-1639. The gun owners are not responsible for the bill passing. The Liberal voting base of Puget Sound passed this. The population in Puget Sound is in the millions and almost always out votes the rest of the entire state.
Sigh, this becomes pointless as so many hear facts then hide because they don't like them. How many gun owners are there in WA and OR? Pretty simple to get a mean idea. Match that number with the votes that put these people in office or these voter initiatives in? Gun owners either directly vote for the people who hose them, or they throw the vote away, or they refuse to vote. Saying "voting changes nothing so I don't bother". Many choose to remain ignorant of what's going on until it effects them. Like some new law they could not be bothered with voting against. When they suddenly find out about it they scream "it was that NRA again".
Want an answer? Take that number of people who own a gun and imagine what would happen if 90% of them took part in the elections? Don't want to hear it I know. So we lose since so many refuse to believe there is a simple answer.
I pretty much have just figured it's going to happen. I will go down fighting but few want to. They would rather ignore what is happening or help the left, and blame everyone else or claim it's not true. <shrug>
I don't like it but I am outnumbered by gun owners who are all in on allowing it. So I live with it and adapt. I don't like it but pretending its some magic force doing this solves nothing. I guess other than making the gun owners who throw away their vote or can't be bothered feel better. Telling themselves it was not their fault.

The '03 could never be called an "assault" weapon.. It wasn't black, had an internal magazine, had no pistol grip, bump stock or any ugly look about it. The fact that it was designed to "assault" enemy forces doesn't make it fit the Bad Gun image of today. Image. That's what we've come down to...15 minutes of fame; lookin' good; Me, Me, Me. Rich, Important, Rich, Important.....................
Not quite my point at all....
My point was that :
At one time we could mail order and have sent to our home , without a background check , FFL Dealer or a large amount of "Red Tape" , the actual current issue Infantry rifle.*...Not whether or not someone thinks its a "Assault Rifle " today or not...
We were at one time able to own the current issue rifle and no rise in crime happened nor did this pose a danger to the public as a whole....
* As in actual issue , not a copy like the AR15 series of rifles....
Andy

Not quite my point at all....
My point was that :
At one time we could mail order and have sent to our home , without a background check , FFL Dealer or a large amount of "Red Tape" , the actual current issue Infantry rifle.*...Not whether or not someone thinks its a "Assault Rifle " today or not...
We were at on time able to own the current issue rifle and no rise in crime happened nor did this pose a danger to the public as a whole....
* As in actual issue , not a copy like the AR15 series of rifles....
Andy
I understand completely! I was off on the Politician Rant, remembering how I got 3 .30 cal carbines; one Colt 1911 and an M-1..in the mail! You are correct. Thanks for responding. Steele

Sigh, this becomes pointless as so many hear facts then hide because they don't like them. How many gun owners are there in WA and OR? Pretty simple to get a mean idea. Match that number with the votes that put these people in office or these voter initiatives in? Gun owners either directly vote for the people who hose them, or they throw the vote away, or they refuse to vote. Saying "voting changes nothing so I don't bother". Many choose to remain ignorant of what's going on until it effects them. Like some new law they could not be bothered with voting against. When they suddenly find out about it they scream "it was that NRA again".
Want an answer? Take that number of people who own a gun and imagine what would happen if 90% of them took part in the elections? Don't want to hear it I know. So we lose since so many refuse to believe there is a simple answer.
I pretty much have just figured it's going to happen. I will go down fighting but few want to. They would rather ignore what is happening or help the left, and blame everyone else or claim it's not true. <shrug>
I don't like it but I am outnumbered by gun owners who are all in on allowing it. So I live with it and adapt. I don't like it but pretending its some magic force doing this solves nothing. I guess other than making the gun owners who throw away their vote or can't be bothered feel better. Telling themselves it was not their fault.

All hypothetical. No facts to back up your statement.o_O

Last Edited:
John Adams already spoke for me regarding non-compliance: 'If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; may your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen'. Sustaining liberty ALWAYS exacts a high price. Are you willing to pay that price so your grandkids can be free?

The problem with the comparison is that the founders had money, organization... some militia... maybe a continental army... and the topic of the day was armed revolution.

WE have none of that.

as Ive pointed out before... non-compliance either means keeping your stuff hidden away, or taking it out as if nothing had changed and risking arrest. In which case you can choose to go to prison or martyr yourself.

We cant even get gun owners to vote as one. How many people are going to take up arms and shoot it out with the cops for you?
You can take that stand, and God bless you, but youre going out as an army of one.

Until we are a singular force which is on the same page about what our rights mean and what we stand for, nothing can be done effectively. We are not organized. We are not well funded. We dont have any sympathy among the people. 1776 this is not.

Its time to realize this. Getting pissed off and depressed about the future isnt making it. Deciding it wont matter because you wont follow it doesnt actually stop the law from happening nor the consequences of violating it. We need organization. Period. We are already 20yrs behind.

There are people even on this forum who AGREE with some of the laws recently passed or proposed. Until that is reconciled, we're not going anywhere

In Washington State, HB 1286 and SB 5340 have been introduced. They are now in committee.

They have listed quite a few weapons and it would affect magazines over 10 rounds.

One paragraph:
"A person who legally possesses an assault weapon or large capacity magazine under this subsection (2)(a) may not sell or transfer the assault weapon to any other person in this state other than to a licensed dealer, to a federally licensed gun smith for the purpose of service or repair, or to a law enforcement agency for the purpose of permanently relinquishing the assault weapon or large capacity magazine;"

There is a lot more in the bill. Please read it and start letting your legislators know what you think. My State Senator will probably fight it but my Representatives will support it.

You can read and follow it here: Washington State Legislature

Washington State Legislature

One of the major challanges we face is of Public perception - of Gun owners, Gun Violence and the gun itself. The non gun owning public is ignorant and makes voting decisions based on what the media feeds them. For gods sake, dont fight this in away the reinforces public perception of gun fanatics. Our best chance is to invite as many people as we can to responsible gun ranges and show them responsible gun owner ship and the enjoyment that comes with it. We need to bring them into the fold and not create further division.

Break the cycle - establish a new identity for gun owners

The '03 could never be called an "assault" weapon.. It wasn't black, had an internal magazine, had no pistol grip, bump stock or any ugly look about it...

I would bet money if you asked the average non gun owning person if the 1903 "air service" rifle was a assault weapon they would say yes. Today "assault weapon" means anything that looks scary, and what "scary" means is all up to the person with the feelings. I have seen articles citing assault crossbow, assault knife, etc. Laws are never crafted by experts in the field, and never voted on by well informed and circumspect citizens. All we can do is try to fight the tide of misinformation.

9387847_1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads