JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks!

I'm a Washington resident. I was looking at Utah's web page detailing requirements for their non-resident carry permit. It states I must provide a copy of my Washington permit to obtain their non-resident permit. Is this correct?

I've been told by a number of folks all I need is to get the Utah and Oregon permits and I'd be good in Washington too. Well that makes sense since Washington recognizes the Utah permit, but it seems I still need to get my Washington card as well.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

That's the plan, OR, UT and AZ. The confusion came in that I was told by folks I could skip the WA CPL totally by just getting the UT permit. Seems they were mistaken.

Anything I need to know about getting a WA CPL that's not on the website? It's been about 10 years since I had one and while it seems that it is pretty much the same as back then I figured why not ask?

Thanks all!

Okay, beating a dead horse here but …

As a WA resident why not just get the AZ permit? I get NM coverage (UT does not grant this) otherwise the coverage is the same for AZ and UT.

I can see for OR residents that UT makes sense since the UT permit covers you in WA (and AZ does not), but for WA residents gaining both UT and AZ is redundant except that AZ would give me coverage in NM as well.

Again, please let me know if I'm missing something here!

It might have been an Oregonian that told you to skip WA. AZ adds 2 states I believe
One was from Oregon but a couple live up North with me in WA. Not a big problem since I'm going to research everything myself prior to spending the time and money, but there are some pretty sharp folks here so I'm going to take the moments it takes to post a few questions and gain their insights.

So right now my plans are to drop off my WA application in a couple of days and once that's in had apply in OR and AZ.

Thanks for the post!

Thanks for the link. I opened up two windows and brought up each state. It made for and easy comparison.

According to this site AZ covers both NM and SC (where UT does not).

The copyright date is 2015, so there might be some change. What I'm going to do is go directly to each states site to ensures I have current info but this seems to jive with what else I'm finding.

So it seems for a WA resident AZ is the way to go, not UT and for an OR resident the UT path makes better sense since they gain coverage in WA.

To get a UT permit .
You have to have a permit from your home STATE.
And after you take the class you will need to send copy of your home STATE permit in with the application.

And from my reading here, it is not easy finding an Oregon sheriff who will issue a permit to a non-Oregon resident. Grant County does, but you must do so in person. Since that would be a 900 mile round trip drive for me, I do not have an Oregon permit but do have a Washington and Utah permit.

My aunt lives in Beaverton OR.
She said the Sherff there was . more than happy to issue hers she said it was easy.
I think it Washington county

And from my reading here, it is not easy finding an Oregon sheriff who will issue a permit to a non-Oregon resident. Grant County does, but you must do so in person. Since that would be a 900 mile round trip drive for me, I do not have an Oregon permit but do have a Washington and Utah permit.
Sorry I didn't attach my reply Washington county.

I have plans to get all I can lol .
Next time I go to Oregon.
I will get my Oregon .
In October I am going to South Carolina.
And when I'm there I'm going to look into getting one.
Because they are like Oregon . They only recognize there permit.
But I have a friend there and I go there every other year.
And my friends . cousin is law enforcement officer .there so hopefully he can tell me what I need to do .and get it done

I have plans to get all I can lol .
Next time I go to Oregon.
I will get my Oregon .
In October I am going to South Carolina.
And when I'm there I'm going to look into getting one.
Because they are like Oregon . They only recognize there permit.
But I have a friend there and I go there every other year.
And my friends . cousin is law enforcement officer .there so hopefully he can tell me what I need to do .and get it done

South Carolina recognizes the Idaho enhanced resident permit.:) Not that I'll ever travel to the east coast again.

Join the WAC, I know Sheriff Dickerson from Columbia Co would come up to the WAC 1-2 times per year and authorize WA residents. I'd contact the WAC and see if he still does it, if so get your OR requirements satisfied then submit for it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top