JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're not dressed for the crash, you might wish you had thought about it a little more when it happens. Having a pistol on you while you do the Ninja toss would super suck, no thank you. If you're going to carry on a bike, tank bag is the best option.

Also, not all HD's suck, but most of them do.

I'd rock an XR1200
xr1200-2.jpg

Ralgha, you seem really worried about falling off your bike; are you new to riding?

Seems like a backwards statement. I have been riding for around 35 years. The longer I ride the more I worry about accidents. I have seen my fair share, I have had two that required surgical repair. If your not concerned about the risk then IMHO you should not even be on the bike.

Seems like a backwards statement. I have been riding for around 35 years. The longer I ride the more I worry about accidents. I have seen my fair share, I have had two that required surgical repair. If your not concerned about the risk then IMHO you should not even be on the bike.

Well...we're all entitled to our own opinions, humble or otherwise. Life is inherently dangerous. I've been riding for 40+ years and driving for even longer and am fully aware of the dangers but that doesn't mean that I obsess over having an accident. I ride and drive defensively which is all that I can do to protect myself; beyond that I don't worry about things I have no control over. Your statement is the one that seems backwards to me; if you continue to worry more the longer you ride maybe now is the time to hang up the helmet and enjoy life with less worry.

To the OPs original point/concern: when I ride I carry the same way as when I walk, in an IWB holster that securely holds my pistol in place. Murphy says no matter how well you plan where your gun is at when you fall, you will always fall on it.

Probably an odd question, but do any of you carry for off-hand draw while riding? I had never thought about it, but a friend (that happens to be a police officer) had a bad enough experience with a road rage driver trying to run him off the road that he now carries so that he can draw with his non-throttle hand. I'm not convinced that shooting left-handed from a moving bike will ever be my best option, but he swears that he almost had to in order to save his life, and that he couldn't get to his gun without letting go of the throttle.

Anyway, my big concern is that I can't get to mine under my armored gear.

I don't worry about things I have no control over.

That is exactly the things I do worry about. I did not give much thought to the risk of an accident when I lived in rural Idaho or when I was 25 and bulletproof. Now I live in the Seattle metro area with 5 million people who are actively trying to kill me when I am out on my bike. I also am self employed and have around ten grand a month worth of shop expenses that have to be paid weather I am earning an income or laid up in the hospital.

There is a very real danger in riding, Pretending there isn't does not make you immune and the more experience you have the more you understand the inherent risks. Tell me about not worrying about things you have no control over after a truck blows a red light and you slam into it at 50 MPH.

bring back my wreck in Texas. Had a proper leather holster, slid on it long enough that it got ate up and the gun skittered off into the ditch. Took the Highway Patrol better part of 2 hours to find it (black gun, no light highway, 10pm). Gun was worse for the wear, but it never went off.

Probably an odd question, but do any of you carry for off-hand draw while riding? I had never thought about it, but a friend (that happens to be a police officer) had a bad enough experience with a road rage driver trying to run him off the road that he now carries so that he can draw with his non-throttle hand. I'm not convinced that shooting left-handed from a moving bike will ever be my best option, but he swears that he almost had to in order to save his life, and that he couldn't get to his gun without letting go of the throttle.

Anyway, my big concern is that I can't get to mine under my armored gear.

I don't carry for off hand draw. If I was in a situation where I thought there was a problem I would be using both hands to focus on getting the hell out of there. With that said though, I do have a throttle locker so if I absolutely had to I could use my throttle hand to draw.

Maybe consider carrying a second in your jacket pocket if your leathers are too fitted to get to the primary.

That is exactly the things I do worry about. I did not give much thought to the risk of an accident when I lived in rural Idaho or when I was 25 and bulletproof. Now I live in the Seattle metro area with 5 million people who are actively trying to kill me when I am out on my bike. I also am self employed and have around ten grand a month worth of shop expenses that have to be paid weather I am earning an income or laid up in the hospital.

There is a very real danger in riding, Pretending there isn't does not make you immune and the more experience you have the more you understand the inherent risks. Tell me about not worrying about things you have no control over after a truck blows a red light and you slam into it at 50 MPH.

So you've missed my whole point. I'm not pretending that riding is not dangerous or that I'm ammune from something bad happening, it is and I'm not, but so is walking down the road, driving your car, working in your shop full of expensive machinery, carrying a gun, flying, and on and on. I recognize that things in life are dangerous but if I worried about all of those things I would be afraid to go out of my house. A truck could slam into me at 50 MPH or I could be in Clackamas Town Center just down the road from me the next time some wack job decides to start shooting but how is worring about that going to stop it from happening? I accept and acknowledge the risk and go on with my life.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top