JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm guessing evil gun! LOL!!!
I'm hoping to get more info on this incident. I hope the victim is OK. I always carry in holsters. I'm less worried about ND's than I am about the gun getting loose and skittering across the floor. Had that happen once when an inexpensive and worn holster let go at a party! Awkward!!!
PS: That's quality holsters!

Last Edited:
That does it.. I'm getting a Ural and going to scabbard my trench gun!

ural-patrol-t-xl.jpg

Was probably a rim fire gun. Look up any info on gun problems and your see cheap rim fire guns have accidental discharge if dropped. As the slide moves enough to then slam back on the carriage and cause it to fire.

I don't think so.. it was more likely an old piece a crap like a Raven (some guns have to be carried chamber empty, regardless of holster) or an odd old bird and or not carried in a proper holster.

Anybody have any clever techniques for concealed carry while riding a motorcycle? I don't carry on my motorcycle because I figure the chance of me crashing is greater than the chance that I'll need my gun. I can imagine all sorts of bad things the gun will do to me if I land on it (discharging is not one of them, it would be in a good holster). So where's a good spot to carry where the risk of bodily harm from the gun is minimized in a get-off?

I guess it doesn't need to be concealed. I wear full motorcycle gear, there isn't really room under it to stick a gun.

Anybody have any clever techniques for concealed carry while riding a motorcycle? I don't carry on my motorcycle because I figure the chance of me crashing is greater than the chance that I'll need my gun. I can imagine all sorts of bad things the gun will do to me if I land on it (discharging is not one of them, it would be in a good holster). So where's a good spot to carry where the risk of bodily harm from the gun is minimized in a get-off?

I guess it doesn't need to be concealed. I wear full motorcycle gear, there isn't really room under it to stick a gun.

I carry when I ride just like I do any other time. Quality holster IWB, just behind my right hip.

I carry when I ride just like I do any other time. Quality holster IWB, just behind my right hip.

And I imagine falling on the gun and breaking my hip, where falling on pavement would (hopefully) only result in a bruise. At least the chances of breaking the hip would be much lower without the gun being there.

Backpack, pressure suit, not easy to get to though. I hit pavement that way and the gun was fine. Had I been carrying like normal, the gun or me would have had some worse injuries. I went down on the side I normally carry my gun,,, :eek:

A hammerless snubnose appendix carry.. it's all soft tissue there and I can't see how it'd hurt you in a get off. I wear full moto armor/gear when I ride, hot or cold so the gun probably wouldn't even get scraped sliding down the asphalt Superman style.. knock on wood.
Just do like the old highway motor patrol.. wear a 6" hogleg and land on your feet.. or something. lol

Shoulder holster seems like a decent option, seems like a pretty slim chance of landing on it there. My jacket has chest armor in it, do you think it would dissipate the impact of a gun on top of the armor enough to avoid breaking ribs?

If you come off and your chest impacts, you've got bigger problems and guaranteed broken ribs anyway, i personally wouldn't factor that in.

And I imagine falling on the gun and breaking my hip, where falling on pavement would (hopefully) only result in a bruise. At least the chances of breaking the hip would be much lower without the gun being there.

I don't obsess about falling off my bike but do obsess about my safety which is why I always carry. I wear the gun just behind my hip, so if I do go down on my right side the hip bone will hit the pavement before the gun or at the se time. I am really more worried about a bad case of road rash because I don't wear leather in warm weather than I am about breaking something by falling on my pistol.

I don't obsess about coming off, but it's more likely than needing my gun, so I place a higher priority on minimizing my damage than carrying the gun. I wear leather no matter how hot, and if it's too hot for leather, then I take the car.

In a lowside, your position is probably safe enough, but in a highside, or other type of fling off, all bets are off. Riding a motorcycle is dangerous, I simply don't want my gun to add to the risk.

Shoulder holster seems like a decent option, seems like a pretty slim chance of landing on it there. My jacket has chest armor in it, do you think it would dissipate the impact of a gun on top of the armor enough to avoid breaking ribs?

Since we're playing what if with long odds...landing on a shoulder holster directly is a long shot but falling off on your arm over the shoulder holster is not a far fetched scenario. In that case you could break your arm and your ribs. ;)

Ralgha, you seem really worried about falling off your bike; are you new to riding?

Sometimes you realise you're riding with Oregon drivers around you.... Worth thinking about to at least minimise the damage in case of the worse.

I'll still stay that a chest strike would be least likely.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top