JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Plan, plan, I think it is intuitively obvious to the most casual of observers that this administration has no foreign policy plan....let's do what Bush did so we can blame Gitmo, Afghanistan, and Iraq on both Bush presidents...otherwise we'll just lurch from one crisis to another in foreign policy to another debacle. Benghazi was the really first godawful bungling mess that cost American lives and showed the total lack of situational awareness by the administration. Meanwhile, those poor gentlemen at the sharp end of the diplomatic spear waited for cavalry who could have come but didn't. Just watch, NK will sink another Korean warship and Obama will puff and pout and ultimately let them get away with it or we'll have another embassy blown up. Train wreck doesn't come close....this is the Titanic heading toward an iceberg every bloody passenger can see from 10 miles away. Problem is no one is on the bridge, no one knows where the skipper is and the navigator can't be bothered to actually give the helmsman a clear order.
Embarrassed by Putin is one thing, putting our way of life at grave risk is entirely different.
Hang on, fellow patriots, it will get worse before it gets better.

Brutus out

Plan, plan, I think it is intuitively obvious to the most casual of observers that this administration has no foreign policy plan....let's do what Bush did so we can blame Gitmo, Afghanistan, and Iraq on both Bush presidents...otherwise we'll just lurch from one crisis to another in foreign policy to another debacle. Benghazi was the really first godawful bungling mess that cost American lives and showed the total lack of situational awareness by the administration. Meanwhile, those poor gentlemen at the sharp end of the diplomatic spear waited for cavalry who could have come but didn't. Just watch, NK will sink another Korean warship and Obama will puff and pout and ultimately let them get away with it or we'll have another embassy blown up. Train wreck doesn't come close....this is the Titanic heading toward an iceberg every bloody passenger can see from 10 miles away. Problem is no one is on the bridge, no one knows where the skipper is and the navigator can't be bothered to actually give the helmsman a clear order.
Embarrassed by Putin is one thing, putting our way of life at grave risk is entirely different.
Hang on, fellow patriots, it will get worse before it gets better.

Brutus out

Yikes. I wish this didn't reek of truth, but here we are.

With as ridiculous as Benghazi has been, it sometimes makes me wonder if it isn't part of a plan. Can they really be that stupid? It is obvious that The King has no clue as far as any kind of foreign policy, but aren't there "professional" diplomats all around him? When everybody in an embassy is under serious and heavy attack and no cavalry is sent in, killing the Ambassador and 3 other Americans, the best they can do is blame it on a video that NO ONE had even heard of, much less viewed? How is that possible? This is supposed to be the smartest guy in the room? The freshman Senator that was to save not only our beautiful country, but THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD? The Muslim(a Jewish name is enough for anyone to be referred to as a Jew, why doesn't it apply to a dude named Barack Hussein Obama?) that was not only supposed to make amends between us and Islam, but was going to end all Middle East conflict?

It is going to get worse before it get's better. What's most embarrassing is that the bleeding heart's that still need to prove their tolerance and blindness to reality will STILL give support for a President based on the color of his skin. But it's not racist when you LIKE someone for their pigment, right?

Planned stupidity! That is a possibility. What really bothers me was when we closed those 30 embassies consulates etc for a serious threat of terrorist attack. Bush, LBJ, Nixon, even JFK and Ike would have said fortify the embassies and let those mothers come cause we will bleed them and we'll Make them wish they never considered attacking sovereign US territory, in the case of the embassies. No we buckled and evacuated. Shame on you Mr. President to let a thug like Putin show our country up in a backwater like Syria. I am sure the paper shredders in DC are running 24 seven!
I don't like to preach doom and gloom on the world stage but I dealt with skippers and admirals who didn't want their intel sugar coated. They wanted as few of surprises as possible. Everyday every event seems to be a surprise to this bunch.
Brutus out

Benghazi. I think the CIA was up to something with arms and ultimately getting them to the rebels in Syria.

Peter

I almost guarantee it. Iran Contra all over again.... hell the Administration can't even come up with a new angle of their own. He thought he'd slide it under the rug. Now, he just does it overtly and thinking no one can stop him as long as he has his crooked Attorney General.

Brutus Out

What amuses me is that President Obama just told the GOP to stop governing by crisis-- exactly the same accusation just made here.

Everyone is blaming everyone else.

I believe President Obama.
I think not believing any of them is a better idea. I wish politician's noses behaved like Pinocchio's.

Our hero arms terrorists yet disarms the USA! woo hoo

It's true. Yet no one wants to talk about the irony of arming rebels to fight an oppressive government, while removing American's rights to firearms because "it could never happen here.", or "American dictators wouldn't do that".

Still, no one even bats an eye when the people we are supposed to be armed to protect ourselves against want to take our guns away. I mean, they wouldn't want to take our guns so that we can't fight back, right? They only do it to keep us safe, don't they? But then, how do you help someone that actually believes they are safer WITHOUT a gun?

The gun confiscation will begin by next year, SA's=Jail time.
The Constitution will be utterly destroyed
The State will run All education, Home schooling will be equal to gun ownership
Police will no longer stop criminals, they will supplant them and the Police State will be complete

...and now Al Qaeda pwns Obama and other Western powers.

Peter

Syrian Rebel Alliance Rejects Western-Backed Leaders - WSJ.com

GAZIANTEP, Turkey—Some of the most powerful units in the Syrian insurgency have rejected the leadership of the main Western-backed opposition political group, calling for a reorganization of rebels and activists in Syria under Islamic law.

The statement was signed by 13 rebel groups, including Jabhat al-Nusra, a U.S.-designated terrorist group, and factions that are part of the Western-backed Free Syrian Army alliance.

It was the first time the FSA rebels appeared to ally with al-Nusra at the risk of alienating their Western benefactors.

The move, announced late Tuesday, threatens to undercut international efforts to organize the political opposition and isolate extremists from rebels who receive Western funding, training and arms. It also could undermine any move toward peace talks with the regime.

It wasn't clear whether the statement marks a formal break by signatories from the Free Syrian Army or its political arm, the Syrian Opposition Coalition.

At least three of the groups—Liwaa al-Tawheed, Liwaa al-Islam and Suqour al-Sham—are in the Western-backed Supreme Military Council, the FSA's highest governing body.

Fighters with signatory groups said leaders were considering a new political alliance. But they said Tuesday's statement was intended more as a break with a political opposition operating mostly from outside Syria, which they view as disconnected and illegitimate, rather than as an operational break from the Free Syrian Army.

The statement underscores the fluid nature of a rebel insurgency that Western powers have struggled to define, contain and control. It reflects anger among the opposition about the role of the international community in a stalemated Syrian war, rebels, analysts and diplomats said.

It comes as leaders of the opposition coalition—the Western-backed opposition body made up largely of exiled dissidents—are in New York lobbying international governments for more support and action against President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

Coalition spokesman Khalid Saleh said the Free Syrian Army's Supreme Military Council's chief-of-staff Gen. Salim Idriss cut short a trip to France to return to Turkey and Syria to meet with the heads of the signatory brigades.

"We're talking to them, and they are very frustrated by what they perceive as the lack of international community support," Mr. Saleh said by telephone from New York. "I think the fact the U.S. decided not to move forward with the strikes...they felt let down. We're talking to them and we believe we will fix it in the next few days."

Mr. Saleh wouldn't outline what demands the factions have that might be allayed, saying the coalition was perceived as ineffective because it was backed by international powers and "nothing is seen as effective with the international community."

Leaders from the coalition and the Supreme Military Council, the Free Syrian Army's highest governing body, haven't publicly responded to the statement.

The coalition's recently elected interim prime minister, Ahmed Tohme, is in talks with members to form an interim government, for now in exile, to help lead a transition, including potentially representing the Syrian opposition at peace talks brokered by the U.S. and Russia in Geneva.

But Tuesday's statement rejected what it called "groups abroad" and their attempts to represent rebels, citing Mr. Tohme, a dentist from the eastern province of Deir el-Zour. "These [signatory] forces consider that those entitled to represent them are those who shared their concerns and sacrifices," said the statement, which was read aloud in a videotaped message by a leader of one of the signatory groups, the Aleppo-based Liwaa al-Tawheed. It called on military and civilian opposition to unite "within an Islamic framework...based on Shariah" as the sole source of legislation.

Rebels canvassed across Syria said they agreed the coalition and its leadership appeared to be moving toward peace talks without considering views of fighters on the ground, who largely reject any political negotiations and say they feel they have earned a stake in the future governance of Syria, after gruesome battles against regime forces.

But antigovernment activists appeared split. Some said they agreed the exiled opposition needed a wake-up call on how disconnected it is from the fighting on the ground. Others said they wished rebel fighters could gain some longer-term perspective, suggesting that a political deal with the regime was needed to save lives and the country from further destruction. Many also said that any further fragmenting of the opposition, which Tuesday's statement appeared to do, only weakened their cause. "I have started to hate the armed revolution," Yamen, a young activist from the town of Saraqeb, said. "Why don't they want a political solution? People are dying, inside and in refugee camps."

Mr. Tohme was elected 10 days ago to form an opposition cabinet after months of bickering between personalities and agendas within the coalition. Coalition members and their Western backers portrayed that as a significant step forward, as the focus on Syria's crisis has shifted to a U.S./Russian-brokered deal to disarm Syria of chemical weapons and move the regime and rebels to talks in Geneva.

The high-level global politics of late has struck many Syrians as a swift U-turn, after the U.S. considered striking government targets in the country as a response to an Aug. 21 chemical attack.

What some opposition members see as Western pressure to engage in negotiations with the regime has deepened rifts that have hobbled the Syrian opposition since the civil war began as protests in 2011.

Such rifts have been between pro-democracy rebels and those condemning democracy as anti-Islamic; between activists abroad and inside Syria; and most recently between rebels collaborating on the battlefield with al Qaeda-linked groups and those struggling to push them back.

A spokesman for the Tawheed brigade said the denunciation of coalition leadership was "a popular demand" and "a rejection of chaos." The spokesman, reached via Skype in Aleppo, accused the coalition of working in isolation from Syrians in the country and said the statement rejects their work as a whole.

He said the signatories were studying forming a new political command structure and that a series of announcements may be made in the coming days.

Most Islamist factions signing on to Tuesday's statement have already outlined their Islamist political views, including the need for governance under Islamic law. Rebels interviewed from signatory factions, however, said Tuesday's move wasn't made to underscore such views, but rather to bring like-minded Islamists together in the face of a coalition they see as overwhelmed by Western interests.

Charles Lister, analyst at IHS Jane's Terrorism and Insurgency Centre, said the rebel factions' statement "effectively depletes" the Supreme Military Council.

Write to Nour Malas at [email protected] and Rima Abushakra at [email protected]

Let's stop using the term Rebels, they are Jihadists, they are not rebelling against Assad because most are not Syrian, they wage Jihad against anyone who lives a non-stone age life style. They are the vilest of God's creatures on earth who lust for and wallow in torture, rape, murder, even cannibalism. They are not actors in some horror flick, they are the real deal, a living nightmare. Clinton started importing them and Obama has brought in 1000's more.
While the Nirobi Mall was being shot to pieces by Jihadists hunting down non-muslims Muslims were marching in NY's streets waving the white flag of Caliphate and the black flag of Jihad. They are here now.

So riddle me this...since Kerry signed the UN Arms Trade Treaty does that mean we can't arm the Syrian rebels since we know these weapons will be used for genocide of non Muslim innocents? Yeah, right, that's what I thought.
We now officially have an administration of people to whom the honor and safety of the United States of America means nothing.

Brutus Out

So riddle me this...since Kerry signed the UN Arms Trade Treaty does that mean we can't arm the Syrian rebels since we know these weapons will be used for genocide of non Muslim innocents? Yeah, right, that's what I thought.
We now officially have an administration of people to whom the honor and safety of the United States of America means nothing.

Brutus Out

I would also like to add that this treaty is obviously something that is to stop AMERICA from importing/exporting arms. NO ONE else on the Earth will follow or even pretend to follow this "treaty"(embargo?), yet all will scream loudly if The US don't follow it to the T.

So, politicians on the left want to disarm America for the sake of "the children". The UN wants to disarm America for the sake of "the children". Why does every country, including our own, want us shackled? Why wouldn't treaties like this matter in places where it isn't illegal(2A makes ALL of this illegal. "Shall Not.." means just that.), like Rwanda? We are to give up our right to defense while we pump full auto arms into people that actually shoot up villages, churches and hospitals? Then we are told that AMERICA is the most violent, racist, gun-crazed country on Earth? It goes so far that "gun people" on this site believe it is the gun, not the person that is the problem. People that scream out loud about "rights" don't want someone open carrying. They tell you that open carrying plays into the anti's hands. WRONG. Fearing open carry and making something illegal because others want to suppress it(which is in fact the illegal part. Will you tolerate someone physically trying to stop a woman from voting? And yes, it is the exact same thing.) is disgusting and I hope people finally stop falling for it.

What we need, is to hold people accountable when they say ANY God-given right(those of you that think it is so hip to shun God will know the instant it ends that you were wrong. The fact that the rules of our country do in fact bring God into it make YOU the fanatics for tying to avert the truth. God was good to our Founders and he has been good to me. Those that wish to remove it from our country are the enemy.) is wrong "for the children", while trying to force poisons like fluoride down our throats. Lying about our rights and using "the children" to do so is beyond horrible and the only way to stop it is to put elected officials in a public display of punishment the first time, death the second. It really is that serious. They want you to die unarmed. Why shouldn't they get the same?

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top