JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to buy a shot timer and would like to hear what others are using. I wasn't sure where to post this and figured this would be the best spot.

I've only looked at the pocket pro and pocket pro 2. How are these? Any other recommendations?

The pocket pro and pro 2 are the ones you see at every USPSA and steel match around. Simple, easy to operate, tough and fairly cheap.

For a personal timer, I use an old CED 6000. If I were looking for a new timer for doing drills etc., I would probably buy a CED 7000.

The pocket pro and pro 2 are the ones you see at every USPSA and steel match around. Simple, easy to operate, tough and fairly cheap.

For a personal timer, I use an old CED 6000. If I were looking for a new timer for doing drills etc., I would probably buy a CED 7000.

How long have you had the CED 6000? It's that have a built in rechargeable battery like the 7000? How has the battery held up? Read some reviews on the 7000 and it looks like you have to send the unit in to the company to replace the battery when it goes bad. Think it should be 3 or 4 years before that time comes but still, I like to be able to replace batteries instead of having to send it somewhere.

I had a CED, the folding kind, that I sent back twice after it quit working. They "fixed" it twice, and the third time it quit, I quit CED.

Reading the comments about "...tough..." I wonder if it was because it was the kind that folded.

I never did like the folding part of it.

How long have you had the CED 6000? It's that have a built in rechargeable battery like the 7000? How has the battery held up? Read some reviews on the 7000 and it looks like you have to send the unit in to the company to replace the battery when it goes bad. Think it should be 3 or 4 years before that time comes but still, I like to be able to replace batteries instead of having to send it somewhere.

I've had the old 6000 since 2002 or so. Uses a standard 9V battery, I like it for the random start feature. It's also easier to set a par time on it
for drills, and easier to review shot times.

There's one called 'Shot Timer' and this one got very poor reviews, for the same reasons you mentioned.

The one I have is called 'Free Shot Timer', and seems to work pretty well. It got good reviews. It does par times, splits, etc. You can email yourself the results, or save them to the app for future reference. The only thing about it is the start chime *may* not be loud enough to hear if you're at an indoor range.

I've got the Pact club shot timer 3. It's easy to use and has all the features I want. Only been using it for a few months now so I can't comment on durability yet.

I painstakingly research which shot timer to buy. Finally I went with the Pocketpro II. It does exactly what I need and I can do all my training with it no problem.

I painstakingly research which shot timer to buy. Finally I went with the Pocketpro II. It does exactly what I need and I can do all my training with it no problem.

I can't wait to get it. Ordered it Friday the 10th from Midwayusa and I'm still waiting. Paid for priority shipping. Guess that was a waste of money. When I checked the tracking number tonight I see that my package went from California to Hawaii. :huh:
Why didn't it just come right to Oregon?

Not sure if I want to order from Midway again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top