JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

X-Five or Q5 SF - Which would you buy?

• Sig p320 Legion X-Five

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Walther Q5 Match SF

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters
I've heard good things about the Walther. I own the x-5, and have put ~ 15k rounds through it, mostly in training for competition, and in competition. It's been a decent gun, accurate, and no reliability issues. The drop thing scares me a bit... they keep saying they've fixed it, but it keeps coming up. I do really like the weight, and the way it feels in my fairly large hands. Lots of surface area to get skin on for a good grip. Not gonna vote on this one, since I haven't shot the Walther.

If I were to ever buy a 320 again, I'd go with a Tardigrade....

Screenshot_20221028_083144.jpg

The X5s TXG grip module is great. I'm a huge fan of the weight.

View attachment 1301079 View attachment 1301080
I have a Keres trigger, Gray Guns sear/spring kit and Apex trigger bar in mine.
It's the best striker trigger that I've pulled to date.
Short reach, almost zero over-travel and crisp break.
Pretty dang cool that these SIGs can use the full gamut of 1911 recoil springs.
Full size P320 owners take note.

I don't have any experience with Sig or Walther other than the P22, mine won't run bulk ammo but the trigger is really nice. Since you ruled out CZ I have little input. But I will say my favorite gun that I own is a Shadow 2 Orange. It makes me look like I can actually shoot good 😊 (it's all a façade).

Youve owned a BMW and you would own one again? Wow.
My wife drives a 2016 X3 we have had for a few years and it's a great car, BMW gets an undeserved bad rep., they do make reliable cars but they need more attention that most other cars or they go downhill fast. Do the maintenance and don't be late. The new X3M is a monster. They are as fast as my Scat Pack. But 4 second 0-60 seems to be the new norm. Any less and your car is slow 🤦🏻‍♂️

I do believe that Audi's are nicer than BMW though. IMO, a lot of the standard brands (Mazda, Kia, Hyundai, etc) have upped their game and with BMW, unless it's a special edition or one of the super cars, they are not all luxury cars (X3 is not a luxury car, the 7 series is). All of the newer Audi's seem like they have the luxury car vibe to me, but the price reflects it since they seem to be more expressive then the comparable BMW. but I hear undeserved bad things about Audi also.

That's what I believe. Anyone is free to disagree (they would just be wrong 😑 😂)

I don't have any experience with Sig or Walther other than the P22, mine won't run bulk ammo but the trigger is really nice. Since you ruled out CZ I have little input. But I will say my favorite gun that I own is a Shadow 2 Orange. It makes me look like I can actually shoot good 😊 (it's all a façade).

My wife drives a 2016 X3 we have had for a few years and it's a great car, BMW gets an undeserved bad rep., they do make reliable cars but they need more attention that most other cars or they go downhill fast. Do the maintenance and don't be late. The new X3M is a monster. They are as fast as my Scat Pack. But 4 second 0-60 seems to be the new norm. Any less and your car is slow 🤦🏻‍♂️

I do believe that Audi's are nicer than BMW though. IMO, a lot of the standard brands (Mazda, Kia, Hyundai, etc) have upped their game and with BMW, unless it's a special edition or one of the super cars, they are not all luxury cars (X3 is not a luxury car, the 7 series is). All of the newer Audi's seem like they have the luxury car vibe to me, but the price reflects it since they seem to be more expressive then the comparable BMW. but I hear undeserved bad things about Audi also.

That's what I believe. Anyone is free to disagree (they would just be wrong 😑 😂)

Audi's and BMW's. Yeah. Perhapss every one I have ever owned was just a lemon. Must be me. I am a German car lemon magnet. couldn't be the cars. Its hard to mail down which was worse. Great cars if they are in warranty. Never keep either once out of warranty.. Electrical issues mostly i the BMW's. Never had a lick of problems from the drivetrains of the BMW's. The Audis. Oh boy. Learned my lesson.

Totally agree about maintenance. It's critical for any car but especially European cars imo. Re bmw or any other car, I think of them this way, they all have a downward slope for reliability, and a different downward slope for value.

Most "luxury" type brands lose value really fast as they age. Their downward slope is really steep. If you buy them after they have lost a lot of value but are still fairly reliable (and if you do the maintenance yourself) they can be great. If you hold onto them when the reliability drops off a cliff you will spend a fortune to keep them on the road. Also if you take it to the dealer for any little thing it can also be spendy.

I recently sold my bmw daily driver and I calculated how much per year it cost me (buy price - sell price, + all repairs and tires, but excluding gas, insurance, and oil). It worked out to $240 per year for the 7ish years I had it. A couple things scare me about newer bmws, the plastics seem to deteriorate (become brittle)much faster than other cars, the sheer volume and integratedness of computer modules.

Anyway here is a graph I made to try to illustrate. Buying between the blue lines means lower cost car and not that many problems (assuming it's maintained properly). If you value reliability and don't care about much else, Toyota/Honda etc is the way to go. The key is to never buy one that hasn't been properly maintained. The graph is a generalization of course and for European cars in general including Volvo. Specific cars like vw you are going to have a lot more electrical glitches to deal with. Highest end cars with self leveling suspensions and other ultra fancy stuff etc you either have to fix those yourself or pay a lot for extended warranties or repairs.

EC156036-8A18-4373-BF0D-849979B2B0B4.jpeg

Last Edited:
I love Walthers and would go with it ...but I only shot a CZ once for a few rounds and didn't like it but that isn't much of a test either.
Which model? While I've never held or shot any CZ tupperware, their 75 series trigger is nasty on a new gun - the take-up spring is stout and the trigger curvature is, to me, unnatural, and the trigger guard, oversized for gloves, bites into the middle finger. Slight modifications have made my 75B my favorite - lighter take up spring, polished sear surface, burnished edges on the trigger guard.
nevermind.

thought this was bmw vs. audi thread…
Same, every time I see it in the trending threads bar. My answer would be Neither.
The Audis. Oh boy. Learned my lesson.
While my Audi wagon had the best AWD traction of any car I've owned, was a stick, and was super comfortable, fixing anything on it was always a complete nightmare, and I hated the VW emblem staring at me every time I went under the hood to fix things. "Special tool #x needed for ....." should be any Audi or VW's byline.

While my Audi wagon had the best AWD traction of any car I've owned, was a stick, and was super comfortable, fixing anything on it was always a complete nightmare, and I hated the VW emblem staring at me every time I went under the hood to fix things. "Special tool #x needed for ....." should be any Audi or VW's byline.
+1 to all of that! We loved our Audi wagon until a lady totalled it. Speaking of awd, Had a Volvo cross country wagon and deer jumped in front of me going 75 on the wet freeway. Tried to dodge it but jumped again and hit it on front fender which sent me in a sideways slide. I never thought I would have recovered it but was really controllable and surprisingly easy to recover with that haldex (same as Audi) 4wd system.

Last Edited:
+1 to that! We loved our Audi wagon until a lady totalled it. Speaking of awd, Had a Volvo cross country wagon and deer jumped in front of me going 75 on the wet freeway. Tried to dodge it but jumped again and hit it on front fender which sent me in a sideways slide. I never thought I would have recovered it but was really controllable and surprisingly easy to recover with that haldex (same as Audi) 4wd system.
The XC series is really nice. Had two XC-70s and one XC-90, but the ex would never let me drive them up into the mountains in the snow. The Volvo XCs are also a model you must maintain or they get painfully expensive. They're also a car that I regard as having a 150K mile lifetime ceiling. Back when I used to drive >30k miles a year I had three 240s that were well over 200K and still going when I sold them. No maintenance was the only thing that killed those cars.

The Audi was my ski car, and took that up into the mountains in snow storms confident it would do great. It never let me down.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top