JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know how it works in Washington, but in Oregon ANY nonprofit group can get a specialty plate made - the most common are the university-branded ones. You just have to have the permission of the group whose name/logo you're using, and a minimum order commitment. You get a sequential-order four-letter plate with the logo/name of the organization on the left. Some amount of money (although not the entire price increase,) goes to the organization.

I think it's good to have one for hunter safety, but there are more organizations than just the NRA that do that. I'd prefer to see the money go directly to the local trainers to run classes. If they want to run NRA-stock classes, fine. (Probably the best would be "Eddie Eagle" type classes in schools.) But if the money doesn't go directly to the NRA, they shouldn't be "NRA" plates. And I would greatly prefer that the money *NOT* go directly to the NRA, but be a guaranteed-local program. (If the NRA would put the money into a dedicated, legally-bound account for Washington-state-only expenditure, I suppose that would be acceptable.)

Controversy erupts over ‘NRA’ license plate proposal

The idea has been kicking around Washington State’s gun rights landscape for a few weeks, but now that a bill has been introduced to create an “NRA license plate” with funds going to hunter education, the battle lines are drawn and the gloves are definitely off.

<broken link removed>

Why should I pay to have the Obamaistas instantly know to take me into custody as a "Potential Terrorist"?
I understand that the Jews under Hitler were made to wear a Star of David and were made to pay for thier own deportation and murder (after they were disarmed) but why should I do the same Before I'm disarmed?

Why not just donate money directly to the groups that need it? Then there is no "middle man", the state. On top of that if it is a volunteer group that puts it on then you can write the donation off on your taxes too.........

MSN has a poll going on about this (Should NRA license plates be issued), it's 63% yes, 30% no and 7% undecided (some 80,000 votes so far). Kind of surprised at the results since it's on the front page of MSN.com!

MSN has a poll going on about this (Should NRA license plates be issued), it's 63% yes, 30% no and 7% undecided (some 80,000 votes so far). Kind of surprised at the results since it's on the front page of MSN.com!

Just out of curiosity who votes undecided? Why take the time to vote if you don't have an opinion?

hmmm... you would think that the 3 or 4 existing plates that help fund WA Dept of Fish and Wildlife would cover it. After all aren't they responsible for the hunter safety program in WA?

The NRA license plate and a bag of coffee

LAS VEGAS — The flight here for the annual Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show was uneventful, except for what happened after the landing.

<broken link removed>

Where do I get a bag of the coffee?

I've got an longtime friend (palled around in high school and graduated in the same class in '65), that votes straight Democratic no matter what. He's even an NRA member and he (and his wife) still think Obummer is the greatest ever.

He actually thinks guns will be outlawed in our lifetime and his collection numbers in the hundreds, so he figures he's sitting on a gold mine when that happens!

Can you imagine trying to go into Canada with an NRA license plate? They already give you a mush more thorough search if you have Texas plates as "everybody from there carries so we know you have guns, where are they hidden"

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top