JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a business owner he can do as he pleases. He can live with the consequences as well. People have a right to know where and with whom they choose to give money. Pointing out to people that he doesn't want Leo's in his business is good. People that don't like cops can go give them their money and others can choose not to.

Free market - but a really bad decision IMO...

0268DF0B-0073-4514-A65C-F237513BE343_zpsvnuotnwl.png

... Leos are notoriously crappy tippers expecting freebies and discounts.

Pretty big stereotype. There's a sour apple in every bunch, so I'll grant you that. Thing is, that sour apple is remembered more, simply by wearing a uniform.

Leos are grossly underpaid. Calculate in the time they put in on there own, and any gear they might buy on there own, that pay gets even worse. Then there is the toll taken on there lives & there families...

I've had countless positive interactions with Leo's. Even the ones whom have searched me - absolutely professional & they even apologized in both circumstances. Probably because I treated them with the respect that they deserved.

:mad: Disgusting. I hope they get robbed.

On a different note, leos should stick it to them with a discrimination case :D
Now that Id LOVE to see just because these types of resturaunts would be the same to deny service to firearm owners/advocates.

I DO support a businesses freedom to deny service.. But its time these ignorant bigots (meaning the restaurant folks) get a taste of their own medicine. If a small cake shop can be put out of business and owe $200,000 (or so I heard) then these idiots should suffer the same fate.

Considering all the tweakers that prowl Sedro-Woolley and the number of break-ins that happen in that town, the owner of Lucky Teriyaki may find himself a bit unlucky the next time his joint gets broken into and a bunch of stuff goes missing.

I use to live in Mount Vernon right next door to Sedro-Woolley. I've seen the cops in that town and they tend to frequent the local establishments and everyone knows them by name. I went shopping in the local grocery store and the cops were right behind me in line buying some deli food. It's a small town and is probably extremely boring for the poor police officers. I'd probably go nuts being a cop in that town. Yeah, there are a few tweakers causing trouble, but otherwise, it is a sleepy, backwatery logger town. However, the town has had a serious drug problem. Although, I feel it is a bit on the upswing as more and more people move there for the cheaper prices compared to somewhat nearby Everett.

It may be a few of the rough local yocals in this town know the cops personally and there may be a bit of contention between them and the police, which is where this dispute may have arisen. The ignorant owner of the teriyaki joint may not realize the mess he is getting himself into.

In my opinion, as long as the police are just there for shopping, eating and giving business they should be respected. You call police, fireman, EMT people usually when you are in dire need of help in potentially life threatening situations. These are people I respect, assuming they are doing the jobs in which they are paid.

As long as the cops are respectful, friendly and don't bother customers, they should be respected as any other person giving the business patronage. And, remember, if these guys ever get messed with or have problems in the little wild west town of Sedro-Woolley, who are they going to be calling for assistance?

Some people are probably not aware that Sedro-Woolley is in the heart of the meth triangle. According to the FBI statistics , Granite Falls, Sedro-Woolley and Everett are some of the largest meth producing areas in the entire country. There is quite a bit more organized crime in the area then people realize. Between Mexican mafia in Skagit and Snohomish counties and the meth manufacturers outside these small towns, you have a lot of locals who have a very anti-law enforcement attitude who help possibly keep some of these local businesses going.

Looks like we have a little update.. Turns out the whole thing was a big misunderstanding, because none of the owners could speak fluent English. They have finally utilized a professional translator and the Skagit County Sheriff has determined that the owners never intended on ever banning the police from coming and in fact still encourage police to patronize their restaurant.

Teriyaki restaurant's message to deputies sounds like one huge misunderstanding (http://mynorthwest.com/344321/teriyaki-restaurants-message-to-deputies-sounds-like-one-huge-misunderstanding/)

So, maybe some of us here, including LE agencies and media were a little fast on the trigger.

Either that or the hillbilly mafia was coercing the owners to keep the cops out of the establishment and then the owners English suddenly deteriorated when the police got pissed off with the owners.

I guess we will never know.. o_O

I will have to say Sedro-Woolley is one of those towns, nobody really understands unless they have been there for a little time. It was one of the stranger towns I have visited.

Police officers are not the problem.

Keep that statement in mind when they show up on your doorstep to take your guns.

Look at all the fuss in that thread about Kate Brown's plans for gun control. If cops did not exist, why would anybody care what she thought about it? Clearly, people expect that cops will arrest them for violating her wishes. That is why they are concerned.

What's the difference between true protection, and a protection racket? With true protection, you have a choice.

I'm not saying there aren't some basically decent cops out there. I'm saying that when government goes tyrannical, cops usually go along. The problem is the job, not the individual.

<broken link removed>

Pretty big stereotype. There's a sour apple in every bunch, so I'll grant you that. Thing is, that sour apple is remembered more, simply by wearing a uniform.

Leos are grossly underpaid. Calculate in the time they put in on there own, and any gear they might buy on there own, that pay gets even worse. Then there is the toll taken on there lives & there families...

I've had countless positive interactions with Leo's. Even the ones whom have searched me - absolutely professional & they even apologized in both circumstances. Probably because I treated them with the respect that they deserved.

where did you hear that? from an officer? lets see, they get all the equipment they are REQUIRED TO HAVE FOR FREE. Drive around in a supplied vehicle with govt gas. Excellent medical benefits. Impunity from prosecution for pretty much anything. a guaranteed retirement that is breaking the backs of local taxpayers. a union that extorts the public and polititians every election year.
any extra time they spend on the job seems to be the extended starbucks breaks. any money problems they have can be attributed to poor money management skills, lots of us get by better on far less.
sure it's a tough job, but an even tougher job to do right

where did you hear that? from an officer? lets see, they get all the equipment they are REQUIRED TO HAVE FOR FREE. Drive around in a supplied vehicle with govt gas. Excellent medical benefits. Impunity from prosecution for pretty much anything. a guaranteed retirement that is breaking the backs of local taxpayers. a union that extorts the public and polititians every election year.
any extra time they spend on the job seems to be the extended starbucks breaks. any money problems they have can be attributed to poor money management skills, lots of us get by better on far less.
sure it's a tough job, but an even tougher job to do right

Well coop, I'm just going to have to disagree with you is all.

If anything that's breaking the backs of taxpayers it'd be wasted monies on school systems (not teachers salaries, the wasted money's), wasted monies on programs for naught, boondoggles etc.

Money spent for first responders isn't enough & likely never will be.

What needs to change (and likely won't given current politics), is support of law enforcement. Criminals should go to prison, and prison should be a place they never ever want to be. It shouldn't be a place where they learn to be better criminals! but part of society.

Learn to wake up and do hard work - just like normal society. No free stuff. No gym. No free college. No free cable. No sports. It's restitution, not a dole. Overcrowding? Is it supposed to be comfy?

Keep that statement in mind when they show up on your doorstep to take your guns.

Look at all the fuss in that thread about Kate Brown's plans for gun control. If cops did not exist, why would anybody care what she thought about it? Clearly, people expect that cops will arrest them for violating her wishes. That is why they are concerned.

What's the difference between true protection, and a protection racket? With true protection, you have a choice.

I'm not saying there aren't some basically decent cops out there. I'm saying that when government goes tyrannical, cops usually go along. The problem is the job, not the individual.

<broken link removed>

Like I said, cops do their job. the politicians make these absurd laws.
All of us are asked to do things we don't want to do or don't believe we should, but it's your job and you do it or quit.

I personally know police officers that quit because of BS orders to follow.
A lot of them know there's more and more being pushed, and there will be a tipping point. Just like the military.

Washington state restaurant apologizes for asking cops not to eat there Washington state restaurant apologizes for asking cops not to eat there | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/16/washington-state-restaurant-apologizes-for-asking-cops-not-to-eat-there.html)

There was no misunderstanding, this guy just realized he wasn't in the right area to piss on the cops and they knew if they didnmt reverse course their business would be dead. And probably still will be.

A great many SPD cops make 6 figure incomes. I think you and I have a different idea of what it means to be grossly overpaid.

Learn to wake up and do hard work - just like normal society. No free stuff. No gym. No free college. No free cable. No sports. It's restitution said:
are we talking about the police departments or prison? doubt most police would know about a hard days labor.

Looks like we have a little update.. Turns out the whole thing was a big misunderstanding, because none of the owners could speak fluent English.

I don't buy it. The owners are doing damage control. The sheriff's office called and checked to make sure the request not to eat there was correct and there was no language problem. They
received an affirmative on both. Only after it went viral did the owner come up with the language
barrier excuse.
However, they seemingly have apologized so all is well again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top