JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, that's some tough talk. So you really think we should do away with the police? You don't see a downside to that?

"When seconds count, a cop is only minutes hours away."

"There is no human situation so miserable that it cannot be made worse by the presence of a policeman."

No, I don't see any downsides. We should do away with police. Let people protect themselves (which would cause the instant collapse of gun control) or let them purchase their protection (or illusion of protection, as the case may be) on the free market.

You think cops are normal because they have always been here during your life. But most societies, for most human history, got along fine without them. Dictatorships, on the other hand, depend heavily on them.

I also think we should do away with government schooling. And I think legislators should be flogged weekly.

I do believe leos are grossly underpaid.
even if they made $100k a year. That's not much today.
And what do they have to put up with to get that?
The communities biggest POS's treating you like ish all day, everyday. And you can't do ish about it. People cuss you out, talk crap and you just have to take it. Watching the community you fight to protect and serve still going down the toilet because politicians refuse to do what's right and best for the majority.
They have people threaten their lives and their families lives and have to live with that fear. They might lose their life just because some POS is high, or doesn't want to go to jail, or for a hundred other stupid reasons.
Then they are always wrong. Even when they are right, they are wrong, and their bosses don't stand behind them (mayor, chiefs)

They have an impossible job, they can't win at. They are damned when they act, and blamed when they don't.

And almost everyone of them would risk their lives for someone they don't know. Even for a criminal.

I couldn't do it. There's no amount of money worth it.
$100k? Not enough.

I do believe leos are grossly underpaid.
even if they made $100k a year. That's not much today.
And what do they have to put up with to get that?
The communities biggest POS's treating you like ish all day, everyday. And you can't do ish about it. People cuss you out, talk crap and you just have to take it. Watching the community you fight to protect and serve still going down the toilet because politicians refuse to do what's right and best for the majority.
They have people threaten their lives and their families lives and have to live with that fear. They might lose their life just because some POS is high, or doesn't want to go to jail, or for a hundred other stupid reasons.
Then they are always wrong. Even when they are right, they are wrong, and their bosses don't stand behind them (mayor, chiefs)

They have an impossible job, they can't win at. They are damned when they act, and blamed when they don't.

And almost everyone of them would risk their lives for someone they don't know. Even for a criminal.

I couldn't do it. There's no amount of money worth it.
$100k? Not enough.

And don't forget many departments, such as Portland, require a 4-year degree before you can even apply. Those degrees don't come cheap. If you're going to require that level of education, it seems the pay should reflect that requirement as well.

"When seconds count, a cop is only minutes hours away."

"There is no human situation so miserable that it cannot be made worse by the presence of a policeman."

No, I don't see any downsides. We should do away with police. Let people protect themselves (which would cause the instant collapse of gun control) or let them purchase their protection (or illusion of protection, as the case may be) on the free market.

You think cops are normal because they have always been here during your life. But most societies, for most human history, got along fine without them. Dictatorships, on the other hand, depend heavily on them.

I also think we should do away with government schooling. And I think legislators should be flogged weekly.
Police are not required to protect you and they are not crime fighters. The only thing they are required to do is answer calls.

Police are LEO...Law Enforcement Officers...as in they enforce laws. Next time someone gets their little panties in a wad because they have done something to warrant the attention of a LEO, that person, assuming they have the mental capacity to do so, should ask why they drew the attention of the LEO.

But then again, everyone is lawless in their own heart and sometimes it comes forward and manifests itself physically...we just don't want to admit it because it is easier to blame someone else for our own problems.

Am I the only one in this thread wondering why anyone would go to Woolley for teriyaki? I mean that's "up river!":rolleyes:

Brutus Out
Maybe we could open a new teriyaki joint called:
Colonel Kurtz 's Teriyaki Firebase.
Daily special to be called "Charlie don't surf and turf!"
( And yes I know teriyaki is not Vietnamese cuisine , don't throw logic at my joke please LOL )
Andy

Next time someone gets their little panties in a wad because they have done something to warrant the attention of a LEO...

Such as, acting as a free man? Minding their own business? Harming nobody?

This I agree with. The remedy is to get another job.

It's no wonder cops get cussed at. They are always sticking their nose in somebody else's business, or stopping victimless "crimes" (like that Strickland arrest), or themselves committing real crimes like theft and calling it RICO. If they left people alone they would have an easier time of it.

A person either believes the Government Religion, or he doesn't. He either thinks those in government work for him and do his bidding, or he thinks they work only for themselves. I was a believer for decades, but I finally gave up on it. Reality finally opened my eyes. I'm an apostate.

Everything that needs to be done, can be done voluntarily. Those things that can't be done that way, are prima facie evidence that those things shouldn't be done. We don't need enforcers out there trying to enforce myriad idiotic laws and throwing people in cages for violating them. We just don't.

"I believe that liberty is the only genuinely valuable thing that men have invented, at least in the field of government, in a thousand years. I believe that it is better to be free than to be not free, even when the former is dangerous and the latter safe. I believe that the finest qualities of man can flourish only in free air - that progress made under the shadow of the policeman's club is false progress, and of no permanent value. I believe that any man who takes the liberty of another into his keeping is bound to become a tyrant, and that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." ["Why Liberty?", Chicago Tribune, January 30, 1927]
-- H.L. Mencken

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads