JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are talking about the guy in the diner that executed the robber right?

Highland said:
End the threat at all cost.
You said:
So if the cost is going to jail after you execute a guy after taking his gun away, that's OK?

I pointed out that what you said was not what he said. You used the word "execution". Highland did not. This is what we call "putting words in others' mouths" and it's not OK. If you want to debate, that's fine, but not the way you're going about it. I also think you knew what each of us meant, just to get that out in the open.

Bloody hell, here in Portland, the DA would probably seek charges against diners who split without paying for lunch. And servers with irrelevant liberal college degrees would whine about getting stiffed on an expected 18-20% tip.

Last Edited:
Here is a thought. What if the shooter was not a lawful gun owner, but was a prohibited possessor?

Couldn't own or carry a firearm due to a prior domestic violence conviction or anger issues.

He looked like he had a self-control problem, "That's what you get!" BOOM headshot. "Hell, a fake gun!" Throws it against the wall.

Sucks that people are being put into a position to defend themselves when the perp being there is a product of the faulty revolving door legal system which has no consequences for criminals, and therefore no reason for the crim to not go out and immediately commit more crimes.

Technically it was defense of others and the Texas law that allows you to use force to recover your property if robbed after dark.
as long as the use of force was justified it wouldn't matter if the person was a felon they wouldn't get charged with murder just possession. IIRC, same for someone not prohibited but carrying illegally....
But there are some states with odd laws that say if your breaking a law, then your not justified in defending your life even if it was otherwise lawful, such as carrying illegally but not otherwise prohibited.
Then there's an obscure law some states have, I cant recall the name... but it justifies one to break a law if they had no choice or to prevent a different law from being broken, like say if the taco robber had shot the good guy, then started shooting everyone, a felon could then be justified in picking up the good guys gun and using it. And wouldn't be charged for possession.

As much as I despise the whole "affirmative defense" BS, sell-defense should be an affirmative defense to any possession charges as well. Anyone put in a position of having to defend themselves should be allowed to do so with whatever is to hand without fear of repercussions.
I realize I'm skating a fine line here as I don't think violent felons should automatically get their firearms rights back, but at the same time if they happen to have a gun and need it then the possession should be a non-issue. "The greater good" if you will.

As much as I despise the whole "affirmative defense" BS, sell-defense should be an affirmative defense to any possession charges as well. Anyone put in a position of having to defend themselves should be allowed to do so with whatever is to hand without fear of repercussions.
I realize I'm skating a fine line here as I don't think violent felons should automatically get their firearms rights back, but at the same time if they happen to have a gun and need it then the possession should be a non-issue. "The greater good" if you will.
His self defense argument stopped when he took the gun away from the assailant. Any shots after that he owns.

Felons shouldn't have the right to self defense?

Last Edited:
His self defense argument stopped when you had taken the gun away from the assailant. Any shots after that he owns.

Felons shouldn't have the right to self defense?
Felons absolutely do have self defense rights. Just not "firearms" rights :rolleyes:

Knives, clubs, their own body parts, antique firearms/muzzleloaders, and anything else that can be used for defense or offense; but just not a fixed metallic cartridge firearm.

Felons absolutely do have self defense rights. Just not "firearms" rights :rolleyes:

Knives, clubs, their own body parts, antique firearms/muzzleloaders, and anything else that can be used for defense or offense; but just not a fixed metallic cartridge firearm.
Ive heard of felons carrying black powder guns. Nah, what am I talking about? They just carry normal guns and we pretend they dont.

Indeed. It's why I said "firearms" :rolleyes:

Edit. It's also why I'm an advocate for Constitutional carry/permit-less carry. If criminals can (and they do) carry concealed without permits ("illegally " in a lot of States); why not make it legal for law abiding citizens too. As to original subject... mostly good shoot. Some potential bad after robber down... but up to DA to prosecute.

Last Edited:
One can "What about / What if" this event till the cows come home.

Stopping the threat is key...
Shooting after the threat is disarmed may work against you.

However....
Something to consider is that when one is a situation like this....
The mind can 'see" what it expects to see...and that may not be what is actually going on.

In any event...
If ( oh that word :D )
If the robber did not attempt to rob the restaurant , chances are , he would have survived that day.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews