JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been waiting for California to slip off into the abyss for years now.....
Well I hate to break it to you. But if you live in Oregon or Washington, the odds of you slipping into the abyss are probably greater than California.

California has the San Andreas. But the San Andreas can only generate up to an 8.2 quake...which is a really big quake, of course. But Oregon and Washington have the Cascadia Subduction Zone...which makes the San Andreas look like a child. When the scientist talk about, "The Big One," they're not lying. But they're also not talking about the San Andreas. They're talking about the Cascadia...which can generate a 9.2 quake...which is MASSIVELY bigger than an 8.2. And if it really goes off, it will hit Northern California too. But it will hit ALL of Oregon and Washington...everything west of the 5 from Mendocino on up goes swimming.

Here's a great article if you've never read it. It is equal parts fascinating and terrifying. :)

Well I hate to break it to you. But if you live in Oregon or Washington, the odds of you slipping into the abyss are probably greater than California.

California has the San Andreas. But the San Andreas can only generate up to an 8.2 quake...which is a really big quake, of course. But Oregon and Washington have the Cascadia Subduction Zone...which makes the San Andreas look like a child. When the scientist talk about, "The Big One," they're not lying. But they're also not talking about the San Andreas. They're talking about the Cascadia...which can generate a 9.2 quake...which is MASSIVELY bigger than an 8.2. And if it really goes off, it will hit Northern California too. But it will hit ALL of Oregon and Washington...everything west of the 5 from Mendocino on up goes swimming.

Here's a great article if you've never read it. It is equal parts fascinating and terrifying. :)

On the bright side, perhaps most of the Californians that moved up here and voted to make us just like the mess that they fled will decide that California isn't so bad and move back!

Good thing I'm east of the 5 on a mountain!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews