JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this goes to trial its going to be an interesting case. Clearly the robber was a life threat to everyone even when his back was to the shooter. The debate about the shots after the threat was over, and specifically the last shot, the good guy can claim he saw him move but thats a weak argument there given the video evidence and the amount of rounds in the robber. Lots of people, including this thread, believe they are supposed to shoot to kill. I cant help but wonder if the good guy here had that mindset. If this goes to trial it will be an interesting lesson in that mindset.
That it will. I am going to be VERY curious to see how this shakes out here.

Below is a video of a couple of lawyers doing a deep dive into the situation. They seem to have come to the same consensus as this thread, in that they broke down the shooting in two 3 parts: The first four shots were unambiguously justifiable as self defense according to multiple statutes, the next four shots are debatable, and the ninth/final one was a major misstep in terms of his legal liability. They do discuss quite thoroughly the variables that determine whether or not prosecution is likely:

If this goes to trial its going to be an interesting case. Clearly the robber was a life threat to everyone even when his back was to the shooter. The debate about the shots after the threat was over, and specifically the last shot, the good guy can claim he saw him move but thats a weak argument there given the video evidence and the amount of rounds in the robber. Lots of people, including this thread, believe they are supposed to shoot to kill. I cant help but wonder if the good guy here had that mindset. If this goes to trial it will be an interesting lesson in that mindset.
Thats why I think this isn't cut and dry good guy stopping a bad guy. Just by the video evidence, damn videos, it was good guy stopping a bad guy then an execution.

Thats why I think this isn't cut and dry good guy stopping a bad guy. Just by the video evidence, damn videos, it was good guy stopping a bad guy then an execution.
Agree, its not a cut and dry good guy with a gun case. And if this guy gets convicted it only adds to the gun control argument.
Firearm training is greatly discussed in gun forums and any time someone mentions legal training as a higher priority it gets swept under the rug.

Sadly yes it sure was. Since I of course do not know the shooter can only guess as to why. There is a HUGE simmering storm churning though do to the way so much scum is allowed to just keep preying on the public. I have said for a while we are going to start to see people shoot some scum they catch out of frustration with being a victim and seeing others made a victim over and over. With the "law" doing nothing so people take the law into their own hands. Sadly some people who lose control will end up being a victim of the same "justice" system that failed them. Need some Jury nullification to start happening to maybe slow this down.

He could always say bad guy was blocking the door.
I just had to make sure he was dead so we all could leave safely.
Mmmmmm
Maybe maybe not

He could always say bad guy was blocking the door.
I just had to make sure he was dead so we all could leave safely.
Mmmmmm
Maybe maybe not
I've watched the video a few times now and you just don't get a great view of bad guy after he falls. If the bad guy moved again just before the last shot, he's well within his rights to fire that shot. And just because he removed a gun from him, it doesn't follow that he is now disarmed. People carry multiple weapons all the time. If the bad guy didn't move, it doesn't look good for the good guy.

I've watched the video a few times now and you just don't get a great view of bad guy after he falls. If the bad guy moved again just before the last shot, he's well within his rights to fire that shot. And just because he removed a gun from him, it doesn't follow that he is now disarmed. People carry multiple weapons all the time. If the bad guy didn't move, it doesn't look good for the good guy.
I kind of doubt the grand jury will find him guilty. I think this will be more of a formality.

This is what justice looks like when you have a justice system that has failed the people time and time again with soft on criminal policies and revolving cell doors.

Charges have been filed against three suspects arrested in the fatal shooting of a man at 5307 Telephone about 4:40 p.m. on February 19.

The suspects, Brandon Toderick Johnson (b/m, 8-9-89), Johntay Gibson (b/m, 9-20-94) and Eric Eugene Washington (b/m, 6-17-92), are charged with capital murder in the 230th State District Court. They are accused in the killing of Hamid Warrich, 62, who was transported to Memorial Hermann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

https://www.houstontx.gov/police/nr/2013/mar/nr030113-2.htm

I say good riddance, f' that POS...

On Monday, the medical examiner identified 30-year-old Eric Eugene Washington as the robbery suspect who was killed.

Records show Washington had an extensive criminal history and was out on bond during the would-be robbery.

Records show that in 2015, Washington was convicted on a lesser charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon and sentenced to 15 years in prison in connection to the shooting death of 62-year-old Hamid Waraich, a cell phone store owner. Houston police also charged two other men.

According to records, Washington was released on parole in 2021 and charged with assaulting his girlfriend in December 2022.

Waraich had a fiancée and three sons who reacted strongly when contacted by ABC13.

"If the guy who stopped Eric was around 10 years ago, maybe I'd still have my dad," Aman Waraich, the son of the store clerk that was killed, said.

"Eric was an evil criminal that took joy in harassing and robbing innocent families. The individual at the taqueria is a true hero!" Sean Waraich, the victim's other son, added. "He did the right thing in stopping the robber and in protecting the community from a dangerous perpetrator."

I kind of doubt the grand jury will find him guilty. I think this will be more of a formality.
Grand Jury just decides on whether or not to move forward. Even if they do the DA would have a real hard case to win here. If Grand Jury comes back with charges suspect the DA is going to try to get him to plea. Going to be very uphill battle getting 12 people to say guilty.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top