JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Correct me if wrong but seems like M1 Garand is a loophole rifle on this one.
It in the gun show loophole, but not under the hunting license loophole although it could do a looptie loop and then loop around.

In other words. What is this loophole are you talking about?

It dosent take mags have pistol grip folding stock flash hider etc
If that's what you're asking, then yes. M1 Garand is not included as an Assault Weapon in the bill. From now all gang bangers will carry M1s, and you will hear "I'm gonna get you sucka!.... Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Ping!" in the ghettos of WA cities.

If that's what you're asking, then yes. M1 Garand is not included as an Assault Weapon in the bill. From now all gang bangers will carry M1s, and you will hear "I'm gonna get you sucka!.... Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Bam, Ping!" in the ghettos of WA cities.
Of course an actual "weapon of war" is not included in the ban of military "style weapons". It would be funny if it was not so serious.

Of course an actual "weapon of war" is not included in the ban of military "style weapons". It would be funny if it was not so serious.
These idiot legislators. They should have a litmus test for any proposed legislation. If it is in common use for lawful purposes it cannot be banned so any ban attempt needs to stop right there and should not be allowed to proceed any further. If it is both Dangerous AND Unusual then they at least have a chance to ban it. But the law is common use cannot be banned. Yet still the idiotts ban them creating years of expensive litigation and heartbreak for many for whom they have stolen their god given right which is affirmed in the constitution.

They will amend the bill in a year to get other guns they forgot and then Probaly all hi-capacity handguns
They listed a $hitton by name then added "or any variants" then went on to ban the actual features. Basically any semi-firearm with a detachable magazine is banned and what is grandfathered can only go down one generation… sorry grandkids. You not only get a 100 trillion national debt (by then, or more!) but no way to free yourself from tyranny ran amok

They listed a $hitton by name then added "or any variants" then went on to ban the actual features. Basically any semi-firearm with a detachable magazine is banned and what is grandfathered can only go down one generation… sorry grandkids. You not only get a 100 trillion national debt (by then, or more!) but no way to free yourself from tyranny ran amok
I thought it was semi-auto rifle (with detachable magazine) and 1 or more x,y,z feature? (Excluding the 30" or less oal ban as that seemed that it stood on its own)

I thought it was semi-auto rifle (with detachable magazine) and 1 or more x,y,z feature? (Excluding the 30" or less oal ban as that seemed that it stood on its own)
Can you think of many semi-autos with detachable mags that this "assault weapon" definition doesn't encompass?

"Assault weapon" means:

(i) Any of the following specific firearms regardless of which company produced and manufactured the firearm:

AK-47 in all forms
AK-74 in all forms
Algimec AGM-1 type semiautomatic
American Arms Spectre da semiautomatic carbine
AR15, M16, or M4 in all forms
AR 180 type semiautomatic
Argentine L.S.R. semiautomatic
Australian Automatic
Auto-Ordnance Thompson M1 and 1927 semiautomatics Barrett .50 cal light semiautomatic
Barrett .50 cal M87
Barrett .50 cal M107A1
Barrett REC7
Beretta AR70/S70 type semiautomatic
Bushmaster Carbon 15
Bushmaster ACR
Bushmaster XM-15
Bushmaster MOE
Calico models M100 and M900
CETME Sporter
CIS SR 88 type semiautomatic
Colt CAR 15
Daewoo K-1
Daewoo K-2
Dragunov semiautomatic
Fabrique Nationale FAL in all forms
Fabrique Nationale F2000
Fabrique Nationale L1A1 Sporter
Fabrique Nationale M249S
Fabrique Nationale PS90
Fabrique Nationale SCAR
FAMAS .223 semiautomatic
Galil
Heckler & Koch G3 in all forms Heckler & Koch HK-41/91 Heckler & Koch HK-43/93 Heckler & Koch HK94A2/3 Heckler & Koch MP-5 in all forms Heckler & Koch PSG-1
Heckler & Koch SL8
Heckler & Koch UMP
Manchester Arms Commando MK-45 Manchester Arms MK-9
SAR-4800
SIG AMT SG510 in all forms
SIG SG550
SKS
BM-59 Armory G3
Springfield Armory SAR-8
Springfield Armory SAR-48
Springfield Armory SAR-3
Springfield Armory M-21 sniper
Springfield Armory M1A
Smith & Wesson M&P 15
Sterling Mk 1
Sterling Mk 6/7
Steyr AUG
TNW M230
FAMAS F11
Uzi 9mm carbine/rifle

iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following:

(A) A grip that is independent or detached from the stock that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon. The addition of a fin attaching the grip to the stock does not exempt the grip if it otherwise resembles the grip found on a pistol
(B) Thumbhole stock;
(C) Folding or telescoping stock;
(D) Forward pistol, vertical, angled, or other grip designed for by the nonfiring hand to improve control;
(E) Flash suppressor, flash guard, flash eliminator, flash hider, sound suppressor, silencer, or any item designed to reduce the visual or audio signature of the firearm;
(F) Muzzle brake, recoil compensator, or any item designed to be affixed to the barrel to reduce recoil or muzzle rise;
(G) Threaded barrel designed to attach a flash suppressor, sound suppressor, muzzle break, or similar item;
(H) Grenade launcher or flare launcher; or
(I) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;

Last Edited:
Can you think of many semi-autos with detachable mags that this "assault weapon" definition doesn't encompass?
I can't and I'm not arguing that. I am truly curious now, are there any? I'd guess there would be atleast some?

I just thought it might be important for anyone surfing through the thread to realize the distinction between "Basically any semi-firearm with a detachable magazine is banned" and "semi-auto rifle (with detachable magazine) and 1 or more x,y,z feature?" if my understanding was accurate. Basically the elements that would make the gun fall under the ban. We are basically saying the same thing but I was truly asking for clarification.

Also at the time I posed the question, I didn't realize the semi-auto rifle ban excluded rimfire. (Atleast that is my understanding at this time, please correct me if I'm wrong) So in my head I was thinking the Ruger 10/22 wouldn't fall under then ban but wanted to clarify, hence my initial question to your post.

I can't and I'm not arguing that. I am truly curious now, are there any? I'd guess there would be atleast some?

I just thought it might be important for anyone surfing through the thread to realize the distinction between "Basically any semi-firearm with a detachable magazine is banned" and "semi-auto rifle (with detachable magazine) and 1 or more x,y,z feature?" if my understanding was accurate. Basically the elements that would make the gun fall under the ban. We are basically saying the same thing but I was truly asking for clarification.

Also at the time I posed the question, I didn't realize the semi-auto rifle ban excluded rimfire. (Atleast that is my understanding at this time, please correct me if I'm wrong) So in my head I was thinking the Ruger 10/22 wouldn't fall under then ban but wanted to clarify, hence my initial question to your post.
Second thought, don't name anything they missed. 😂 Don't want it to be used against us later.

Maybe shoot a PM if your willing.

Just think of all the poor souls that lost their lives during the war due to the simple fact that their country failed to issue them actual assault weapons to fight with....

It's heartbreaking.

According to Washington Gun Attorney it's on Is to prove we had it before the ban 🤬🤬🤬🤬
I assume we will have to take time stamped pictures to prove owner ship
I don't think this is correct. The 'prove it' is for your kids conveying said firearm to their kids. i.e. your kid has to prove to the government you procured the firearm before about now when conveying to your grandkid.

I'm pretty sure the law will be settled one way or the other at the federal by then.

From the GOA.

Has the info and time for the hearing in the event you want to attend.

Washington Patriots: now is the time to put your voice to work for your Right to Bear Arms!

HB 1240, a bill that attacks the very existence of each law-abiding citizen in Washington and bans over 65+ commonly owned rifles, has passed the House and moved to the Senate. The Senate has scheduled HB 1240 for a public hearing in the Committee on Law & Justice at 8:00 AM on March 23rd, at 416 Sid Snyder Ave SW, Olympia, WA 98501-1347.

The anti-gun left will stop at nothing, and HB 1240 is one of their biggest attacks on your Second Amendment rights. We must show up in vast numbers and tell this Senate Committee that HB 1240 should be opposed.

We know that Governor Jay Inslee will sign gun control at the stroke of the pen, so we need to go to the hearing and let our voices be heard to fight for our Right to Bear Arms!

So, please come and attend the Senate Committee on Law & Justice Public Hearing on Wednesday, March 23rd at 8:00 am 416 Sid Snyder Ave SW, Olympia, WA 98501-1347, and urge the Committee to oppose HB 1240.

994B346E-EFA5-4052-A616-00A3BE1F2C21.jpeg

I don't think this is correct. The 'prove it' is for your kids conveying said firearm to their kids. i.e. your kid has to prove to the government you procured the firearm before about now when conveying to your grandkid.

I'm pretty sure the law will be settled one way or the other at the federal by then.
It doesn't actually go that far. Passing a firearm onto your children, they will have to prove you owned it prior to the law enactment. Your childrens children are SOL. Your firearms die after the first successor generation. Or so the plain text is being interpreted.

The crux being that it's impossible for your children to prove that "they" had ownership of the firearm prior to the law enactment. You did... of course... but "they" didn't which prohibits them from transfering it to anyone else.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top