JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
pistol.jpg

Without a definitive explanation of shroud, the obscurity leads one to interpretation of nomenclature.
I myself would hope the voice of reason would prevail, since it's feds we're dealing with, I'm won't hold my hopes too high.

Without a definitive explanation of shroud, the obscurity leads one to interpretation of nomenclature.
I myself would hope the voice of reason would prevail, since it's feds we're dealing with, I'm won't hold my hopes too high.
What is commonly known as a barrel shroud is not going to be mistaken for a pistol slide. This is what the law is likely targeting as a pistol "assault weapon" through the inclusion of shrouds. If your pistol does not look like this or some other kind of Tapco fuxed-looking cheese-monster, all will be fine.

630ce615812e4a9fecd949b399917ab3.jpg

AR pistols may be another story though.

Well....
This wild proposed law does a direct, and dramatic hit to gun dealers, distributors, and manufacturers.
It is such an all encompassing, destructive, foolhardy written bill by people who are completely uninformed that it is ripe to be challenged at the U.S. Supreme Court, and should guarantee a failure in epic fashion.
It will then set a case-precedence for the rest of the country.
In the end, these Washington gun grabbers will do more to damage their cause than to help it. Nice!

Well....
This wild proposed law does a direct, and dramatic hit to gun dealers, distributors, and manufacturers.
It is such an all encompassing, destructive, foolhardy written bill by people who are completely uninformed that it is ripe to be challenged at the U.S. Supreme Court, and should guarantee a failure in epic fashion.
It will then set a case-precedence for the rest of the country.
In the end, these Washington gun grabbers will do more to damage their cause than to help it. Nice!
How is a law that is similar to laws that states like CA have had for decades going to be challenged at the Supreme Court?

Isn't most of this stuff the same as the Crime Bill, that was national law for a decade?

Some Republicans were trying to make an amendment to clarify "shroud" when it comes to semi auto pistols due to how it can be taken out of context with slides. Democrats refused to adjust the meaning of "shroud."

Unless it's a revolver or bolt action rifle I don't think they want any other type of guns sold in this state!:mad:

Wait a minute… couldn't a mini-gun be classified as a "Revolver?" :D

Mass shooting today in DC at 3:45pm, seems kind of like Fake News since they have passed every gun law known to man. 👊 💦

Subject/LawLong gunsHandgunsRelevant statutesNotes
Permit required to purchase?YesYesThe firearm registration process also serves as a permitting process.
Owner license required?YesYesThe firearm registration process also serves as a licensing process.
Firearm registration?YesYesAll firearms except certain black powder firearms, must be registered with the Metropolitan Police Department. A background check and online training are required.
License required for concealed carry?N/AYesThe Metropolitan Police Department shall issue a License to Carry a Handgun to a qualified applicant.
Open carry allowed?NoNoOpen carry is prohibited.
Assault weapon law?YesYesAssault weapons and .50 BMG rifles prohibited.
Magazine capacity restriction?YesYesIllegal to possess magazines of more than 10 round capacity.
NFA weapons restricted?YesYesAutomatic firearms, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, and silencers prohibited.
Peaceable journey laws?NoNoFederal law (FOPA) applies.
Background checks required for private sales?YesYesDC Code §7–2505.02Private party firearm transfers must be conducted through a licensed dealer, who is required by federal law to conduct a background check and keep a record of the sale. This only applies to sales made within the District of Columbia. Sales made by DC firearms owners outside of the District of Columbia must only conform to that state's transfer laws.
Waiting period?YesYesAfter purchasing a firearm, the buyer must wait ten days before taking possession of the gun.
Red flag law?YesYes
Duty to inform?YesYes

Mass shooting today in DC at 3:45pm, seems kind of like Fake News since they have passed every gun law known to man. 👊 💦

Subject/LawLong gunsHandgunsRelevant statutesNotes
Permit required to purchase?YesYesThe firearm registration process also serves as a permitting process.
Owner license required?YesYesThe firearm registration process also serves as a licensing process.
Firearm registration?YesYesAll firearms except certain black powder firearms, must be registered with the Metropolitan Police Department. A background check and online training are required.
License required for concealed carry?N/AYesThe Metropolitan Police Department shall issue a License to Carry a Handgun to a qualified applicant.
Open carry allowed?NoNoOpen carry is prohibited.
Assault weapon law?YesYesAssault weapons and .50 BMG rifles prohibited.
Magazine capacity restriction?YesYesIllegal to possess magazines of more than 10 round capacity.
NFA weapons restricted?YesYesAutomatic firearms, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, and silencers prohibited.
Peaceable journey laws?NoNoFederal law (FOPA) applies.
Background checks required for private sales?YesYesDC Code §7–2505.02Private party firearm transfers must be conducted through a licensed dealer, who is required by federal law to conduct a background check and keep a record of the sale. This only applies to sales made within the District of Columbia. Sales made by DC firearms owners outside of the District of Columbia must only conform to that state's transfer laws.
Waiting period?YesYesAfter purchasing a firearm, the buyer must wait ten days before taking possession of the gun.
Red flag law?YesYes
Duty to inform?YesYes
Where is this chart from? If it intends to reference WA it is not accurate.

Some Republicans were trying to make an amendment to clarify "shroud" when it comes to semi auto pistols due to how it can be taken out of context with slides. Democrats refused to adjust the meaning of "shroud."

Unless it's a revolver or bolt action rifle I don't think they want any other type of guns sold in this state!:mad:

Wait a minute… couldn't a mini-gun be classified as a "Revolver?" :D
Or they just didn't want to water down "shroud" so the "pistol brace" of shrouds doesn't emerge 2 weeks later.

"Shroud" has been on the books for decades. Judges aren't going to accept that the ATF didn't know that included nearly all autopistols until recently.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews