JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"...it's a trap!"

~Gial Ackbar
It's a trap.png

Never, and I mean never, miss a chance to post the Admiral Ackbar meme...

Out of state residents are NOT allowed to bring in "banned weapons" under new HB1240 law. It is considered an "import"
That's what I was just looking around for: the answer to the question "can I even go to Safefire or the English Pit with firearm with a banned characteristic?" I mean, I don't think I could even bring my Ruger 10/22 takedown or PC9 with 10 rounders, because—I think—threaded barrels are illegal. That's a bummer because Safefire and the English Pit are the closest ranges to me that permit centerfire rifles.

Seems they didn't think of the impact on for profit ranges near a border (sure, there may only be one). Honestly if you're traveling from out of state to shoot at a range in WA and then leave with your firearms it seems like you're a user, not an importer.

I've paid less attention bc I live in OR, but can someone move into Washington and be able to bring firearms owned prior to the effective date of the law?

Last Edited:
That's what I was just looking around for: the answer to the question "can I even go to Safefire or the English Pit with firearm with a banned characteristic?" I mean, I don't think I could even bring my Ruger 10/22 takedown or PC9 with 10 rounders, because—I think—threaded barrels are illegal. That's a bummer because Safefire and the English Pit are the closest ranges to me that permit centerfire rifles.
Yup, I hear ya. I have attended firearms training in the past up in Sequim, but i think any AR/carbine based training up there is now a No Go for me too... :(

Seems they didn't think of the impact on for profit ranges near a border (sure, there may only be one). Honestly if you're traveling from out of state to shoot at a range in WA and then leave with your firearms it seems like you're a user, not an importer.

I've paid less attention bc I live in OR, but can someone move into Washington and be able to bring firearms owned prior to the effective date of the law?
You cannot bring them with you into WA, period. Is BS, but if you have a firearm collection that contains any of the scary banned stuff and you move here, you will have to leave it behind, or be really good at keeping secrets.

LOL, I have lived here my entire life and I would NEVER move to Washington... Absolutely beautiful place, awesome recreation opportunities, but the politics of the ruling "class" suck donkey balls.

Ruger 10/22 rifle? Not the pistol charger version?

So what if someone is flying through Seattle and has to change the flight there with a rifle (AR15)? Would that person become a felon now? What a wonderful place…
Sadly this has LONG been a "possible" problem. Many states were far ahead of WA on this crap and this exact thing has been brought up. Flying and getting "stuck" in the wrong state with the wrong gun.
If it was me? I would not sweat it. As long as you are not at the airport telling anyone who will listen you have a weapon that you can't have here. Not like the AG is going to be circling the airport waiting for this to happen. Still does suck of course. Last couple times we flew I sent some guns ahead shipped to me at the place we were going. Last thing I did when we were leaving is ship them back to me here. Now with a long gun this would be a little more expensive to do but, I would probably still do this rather than go through checking the things if possible.

Appreciate the ID option, and I am most certainly not ruling it out for either WA or OR residents.

But,

The makeup of the current Supreme Court is such, that I can see something earthshaking developing soon on the 2A Front.

It will either be a peaceable overturning of all of this insanity,

OR,

The Court's decisions won't be accepted by the Leftist MOB.

At which time, we get Civil War II.

And we get the Founder's assertions that you won't need the 2A, until you do.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top