JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What good is owning one if you can't use it?

Are there more than 200,000 silencers in the USA?
Ya GOT me!! I got no answer for that. :s0140:

Although, if you own one pre enactment then it's perfectly fine. Just be prepared to prove it, I guess.

That's how they sell it to the public. We aren't "banning" or "taking" anything (now) so it's just common sense law. Just anyone following enactment that can't own, possess or use them.

It's covered in the.... "you can't purchase/own anything (post enactment) that can be used to construct or convert a firearm into an assault weapon" thingy....

The whole constructive possession issue.
I skimmed it again and I don't see anything banning suppressors at all. I see semi autos that use suppressors are banned only.

What good is owning one if you can't use it?

Are there more than 200,000 silencers in the USA?
I don't see anything that says you can't buy one or that you can't use one. Semi auto firearms that use suppressors are what is banned. Pre existing firearms are not included in the ban, until your kids die anyway I suppose.

I skimmed it again and I don't see anything banning suppressors at all. I see semi autos that use suppressors are banned only.
I'm thinking they meant section 2, part 2, item iii.

1678342253622.png

A suppresor being a named part qualifying under the "assault weapon" definition so "in the possession or under the control" prohibition would seem to apply.... is how I'm reading that.

I'm no shark.

I'm thinking they meant section 2, part 2, item iii.

View attachment 1380082

A suppresor being a named part qualifying under the "assault weapon" definition so "in the possession or under the control" prohibition would seem to apply.... is how I'm reading that.

I'm no shark.
I don't see that at all in my reading of it. I think they aren't regulating each individual part. You can buy a flash suppressor for example. That is the same category as suppressor to them.

I read that as if a person bought a complete kit (or a combination of parts that makes a complete kit) to build a banned weapon that woudl be a violation.

By reading it as any "part", then any part at all that could be used to make an "assault rifle" would be illegal. A part by itself does not constitute an "assault rifle".

Now if you had all the parts together in a box? Then I think they are saying that would be an "assault rifle". That's how I read it anyway.

I don't see that at all in my reading of it. I think they aren't regulating each individual part. You can buy a flash suppressor for example. That is the same category as suppressor to them.

I read that as if a person bought a complete kit (or a combination of parts that makes a complete kit) to build a banned weapon that woudl be a violation.

By reading it as any "part", then any part at all that could be used to make an "assault rifle" would be illegal. A part by itself does not constitute an "assault rifle".

Now if you had all the parts together in a box? Then I think they are saying that would be an "assault rifle". That's how I read it anyway.
I don't think they are either. Not LPK's or other parts common to non "assault weapons", but I think they are trying to on the parts that fall under their definition of an "assault weapon"... which includes any type of muzzle device, grip, barrel shroud, non shooting hand stabilization device, etc etc.

Similar to what the alphabet is doing with braces. "Technically" legal to buy and own, but if there is any demonstratable intent to use it to make what they now want to call an SBR.... they "could" try and jam you up for constructive possession.

It seems like a round about way of controlling as much of the pie as possible without having to try and sneak it past the public. It's not illegal to buy a silencer, but if you own a grandfathered rifle it can go on... your suppressor is not granfathered and your not only prohibited from using it on that rifle, but owning both devices can constitute illegal possession(?)

Makes no sense at all, and full of holes, but like we see a lot of... the woke trying to be as ambiguous as possible to allow them greater latitude to nail gun owners at their creative whims.

This'll hit the Senate quickly, and we know Jay will hold a televised signing ceremony (with Turd Ferguson looking over his shoulder) on the same day the Senate votes.

Even if you hit the stores today, I'd bet it'll be law before the background checks even come back clear!

Funny how it got voted on in the senate late in the evening.
One thing for sure, If you didn't vote and could have, well go #$$@^^$$## cry someplace else.
Most of the turd burglars in Olympia are there because of the apathetical actions so many!
Jay & Bob need the boot. We'll see next year.
They will try and buy that one too. "Amnesty in 23, to insure four more in 24".
Biden buck$ and Obama phones.
At least Glory hole Lori Lightfoot of Chicago got showed the door, and there isn't even a Daily on the ticket.
Plan for the worst and hope for the best! ( stock pile, stock pile)
But get off your 6 O'clock and Vote. just my 2 cents.

Between the time that this goes into effect and the time it gets stayed or overturned, how many more gun stores will go out of business?
Are the "kill all ffls" bills still in play? If they are, they will be driven out of business irregardless of the AWB. I would predict that if the kill all ffls bill(s) go through that there will be a total of 5 ffls in the entire state before too long (5 years maybe).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top